Topics

mmorpg

• j_strider - April 23, 2013 8:20 p.m.

GW2 disappointment. Diablo 3 disappointment. SWTOR boredom. This all looks like more of the same. 2015, I need you ... I need some Camelot Unchained action... http://camelotunchained.com
  • sam-raffel - April 22, 2013 12:35 a.m.

Those keeping track of developments in the online gaming world should find the list of top 10 MMORPGs of 2013 compiled by FanUp to be of interest as a large number of massively multiplayer online role-playing games have been reviewed to arrive at it.FanUp sells online game currencies, subscriptions and game cards.Find out more at - free-online-games-2013 dot com/
  • TheDudeFromNowhere - March 4, 2013 12:20 p.m.

So many MMORPGs .....
  • Jennero_Rossi - March 3, 2013 8:43 p.m.

You guys forgot Firefall! Anyway I am super hyped for Neverwinter looks like great action combat. Definitely the one to look out for!
  • EAC73 - June 26, 2013 5:46 p.m.

I really wanted to like firefall, but the beta just seemed boring to me. Maybe I'll try it again upon release.
  • Nakiato - March 3, 2013 11:34 a.m.

Firefall
  • angelusdlion - March 2, 2013 8:12 a.m.

quote "Of course, player drama is what EVE has always thrived upon." That's like saying "Of course, the ocean has always been known for its wetness."
  • MolokoVeck - March 1, 2013 11:48 a.m.

Your description of Pathfinder is basically a description of Ultima Online, which is great because UO still has the best gameplay of any MMO, it just suffers from abysmal graphics. I have been waiting for an MMO that plays like UO but with modern graphics.
  • angelusdlion - March 2, 2013 8:15 a.m.

Yah, except UO doesn't have a Dungeons and Dragons background. "pathfinder" Is by far my favorite "flavor" Of the pencil and paper game.
  • mariah-betteridge - May 7, 2013 6:30 p.m.

Completely agree, these mmo's nowa days are dumb, uo was based on the community and you had to build your character not just pick a few options then just repeatedly run back and forth questing. rediculous.
  • Sovtek - February 28, 2013 9:54 a.m.

I was paying attention to Titan until "in-game advertising". Yeah, no, that will just never ever fly with me.
  • angelusdlion - March 2, 2013 8:15 a.m.

Even if it's a blurb on a loading screen?
  • jakub-adam - February 28, 2013 5:57 a.m.

Kingdom under Fire II => KUFII
  • netzach-cluff - February 28, 2013 2:17 a.m.

Embers of Caerus. nuf said...
  • haxxoromg - February 27, 2013 10:51 p.m.

i was in the age of wushu beta for five whole minutes before i lost interest, not because of boring gameplay, but because i couldnt figure out what the hell i was supposed to do. the UI is terrible and the english translations are even worse, and this is coming from someone who speaks chinese
  • CraziFuzzy - February 27, 2013 9:39 p.m.

The DUST 514 blurb says: "While free-to-play warriors are spraying bullets at each other via the PC and the PS3" - seemingly indicating that DUST is available on PC and PS3 - this is not true. DUST 514 is a PS3 only game - not available on PC at all.
  • APerfidiousDane - February 27, 2013 8:11 p.m.

I don't think saying that we can't play first person is accurate. I'm pretty sure it's still an option you just don't see your hands. Either way I don't think that's any reason at all to neglect the game. Seems a bit nitpicky.
  • winner2 - February 27, 2013 7:37 p.m.

I could be wrong but shouldn't Path of Exile be up here? It's still in "open beta" more or less right? Either way I've been playing it and I like it. I never played diablo though so I'm not just saying "it's the real diablo 3" or anything. I just think it's fun from an outsider's perspective so far.
  • Shadow Of Death - February 27, 2013 7:32 p.m.

ArcheAge seems interesting. I like sandbox games. I'm a bit interested in Bliss, seeing as I do like me some eye candy. Otherland sounds mildly interesting too, though I never finished the first novel of the book series. The Repopulation sounds like it has potential. Salem reminds me of Towns, actually. Haven't played Towns in a good long while now. Pathfinder sounds a bit overambitious, but it would be great if it succeded. Might check out Blade and Soul, as I like Action in my games usually. I do think you CAN go First Person in TES:O, but I could be wrong. Possibly they aren't showing it because they're still working on it, or just want to show traditional MMO style.
  • sandplasma - February 27, 2013 6:22 p.m.

I tried Salem. I was excited about this game once. Its overly complicated, the controls are pretty horrible and the menu system completly confusing and out of wack. I really hope they get things fixed because the idea is great. Cant wait for Age of Darkness! Guild Wars 2 was so boring. I never made it past level 24. Open world pvp is where its at. I like to be afraid of leveling up.