Topics

mmorpg

• sam-raffel - April 22, 2013 12:35 a.m.

Those keeping track of developments in the online gaming world should find the list of top 10 MMORPGs of 2013 compiled by FanUp to be of interest as a large number of massively multiplayer online role-playing games have been reviewed to arrive at it.FanUp sells online game currencies, subscriptions and game cards.Find out more at - free-online-games-2013 dot com/
  • TheDudeFromNowhere - March 4, 2013 12:20 p.m.

So many MMORPGs .....
  • Jennero_Rossi - March 3, 2013 8:43 p.m.

You guys forgot Firefall! Anyway I am super hyped for Neverwinter looks like great action combat. Definitely the one to look out for!
  • EAC73 - June 26, 2013 5:46 p.m.

I really wanted to like firefall, but the beta just seemed boring to me. Maybe I'll try it again upon release.
  • Nakiato - March 3, 2013 11:34 a.m.

Firefall
  • angelusdlion - March 2, 2013 8:12 a.m.

quote "Of course, player drama is what EVE has always thrived upon." That's like saying "Of course, the ocean has always been known for its wetness."
  • MolokoVeck - March 1, 2013 11:48 a.m.

Your description of Pathfinder is basically a description of Ultima Online, which is great because UO still has the best gameplay of any MMO, it just suffers from abysmal graphics. I have been waiting for an MMO that plays like UO but with modern graphics.
  • angelusdlion - March 2, 2013 8:15 a.m.

Yah, except UO doesn't have a Dungeons and Dragons background. "pathfinder" Is by far my favorite "flavor" Of the pencil and paper game.
  • mariah-betteridge - May 7, 2013 6:30 p.m.

Completely agree, these mmo's nowa days are dumb, uo was based on the community and you had to build your character not just pick a few options then just repeatedly run back and forth questing. rediculous.
  • Sovtek - February 28, 2013 9:54 a.m.

I was paying attention to Titan until "in-game advertising". Yeah, no, that will just never ever fly with me.
  • angelusdlion - March 2, 2013 8:15 a.m.

Even if it's a blurb on a loading screen?
  • jakub-adam - February 28, 2013 5:57 a.m.

Kingdom under Fire II => KUFII
  • netzach-cluff - February 28, 2013 2:17 a.m.

Embers of Caerus. nuf said...
  • haxxoromg - February 27, 2013 10:51 p.m.

i was in the age of wushu beta for five whole minutes before i lost interest, not because of boring gameplay, but because i couldnt figure out what the hell i was supposed to do. the UI is terrible and the english translations are even worse, and this is coming from someone who speaks chinese
  • CraziFuzzy - February 27, 2013 9:39 p.m.

The DUST 514 blurb says: "While free-to-play warriors are spraying bullets at each other via the PC and the PS3" - seemingly indicating that DUST is available on PC and PS3 - this is not true. DUST 514 is a PS3 only game - not available on PC at all.
  • APerfidiousDane - February 27, 2013 8:11 p.m.

I don't think saying that we can't play first person is accurate. I'm pretty sure it's still an option you just don't see your hands. Either way I don't think that's any reason at all to neglect the game. Seems a bit nitpicky.
  • winner2 - February 27, 2013 7:37 p.m.

I could be wrong but shouldn't Path of Exile be up here? It's still in "open beta" more or less right? Either way I've been playing it and I like it. I never played diablo though so I'm not just saying "it's the real diablo 3" or anything. I just think it's fun from an outsider's perspective so far.
  • Shadow Of Death - February 27, 2013 7:32 p.m.

ArcheAge seems interesting. I like sandbox games. I'm a bit interested in Bliss, seeing as I do like me some eye candy. Otherland sounds mildly interesting too, though I never finished the first novel of the book series. The Repopulation sounds like it has potential. Salem reminds me of Towns, actually. Haven't played Towns in a good long while now. Pathfinder sounds a bit overambitious, but it would be great if it succeded. Might check out Blade and Soul, as I like Action in my games usually. I do think you CAN go First Person in TES:O, but I could be wrong. Possibly they aren't showing it because they're still working on it, or just want to show traditional MMO style.
  • sandplasma - February 27, 2013 6:22 p.m.

I tried Salem. I was excited about this game once. Its overly complicated, the controls are pretty horrible and the menu system completly confusing and out of wack. I really hope they get things fixed because the idea is great. Cant wait for Age of Darkness! Guild Wars 2 was so boring. I never made it past level 24. Open world pvp is where its at. I like to be afraid of leveling up.
  • ObliqueZombie - February 27, 2013 5:01 p.m.

Wow. I never realized how many there were. It's too bad I'm such a big fan of MMOs, because now a lot of games will be neglected! I am definitely the most excited for ESO and Wildstar, but a little less so for the former now that I know it CAN'T be played first-person and might be too much like WoW. Hell, ALL of these could be. Blade and Soul, Pathfinder, Age of Wushu, and Otherworld seem pretty cool, too. Just need to know more on them, Hell, I STILL play WoW and Guild Wars 2. Sometimes even SWTOR. Time to say goodbye to my friends and schooling....