Google+

Ubisoft suspends 1666 development after Desilets firing

1666, the unannounced project from Assassin's Creed I and II creative director Patrice Desilets, has been suspended indefinitely by Ubisoft. CEO Yves Guillemot confirmed the title has been put on ice, following Desilet's second departure from the company, in a conference call with investors today (via GamesIndustry International).

"After more than two months of discussion with [Désilets], we couldn't align our vision both on project development and team management, so consequently our collaboration has ended," Guillemot said in response to a question about the former THQ Montreal studio. "We have suspended development on 1666 for an undisclosed time."

1666 never had what you'd call a grand debut. Rather, its existence came to light as part of THQ's bankruptcy proceedings. Desilets says he was escorted out of the company last week and he intends "to fight Ubisoft vigorously for my rights, for my team and for my game."

1 comment

  • sandplasma - May 16, 2013 5:47 a.m.

    Maybe you should've put up with a little shit and finished your game. We don't know the whole story but very often people just need to swallow some pride.

Showing 1-1 of 1 comment

Join the Discussion
Add a comment (HTML tags are not allowed.)
Characters remaining: 5000