• slapdatass - March 6, 2012 5:34 p.m.

I can't shake the feeling that you really just want a series of games based on the Flashman novels... ...which would be *brilliant*.
  • Zixor - March 7, 2012 11 p.m.

I was just about to suggest the same thing. I'd take the suave, witty, yet utterly cowardly hero who barely manages to save himself over some silent protagonist who blindly follows orders any day.
  • Zixor - March 7, 2012 11:03 p.m.

• Zixor - March 7, 2012 11:19 p.m.

I was just about to say the same thing. I'd rather have a witty, smart, yet craven and cowardly hero than a faceless grunt who never talks and follows every order any day. It's just too perfect; the hero's irresponsible nature would match the player's apathy. I don't care if the Russians take India, so why should the protagonist?
  • F0NAJ - March 6, 2012 5:05 p.m.

Hey when's a new talkradar coming out?
  • Triscuitable - March 6, 2012 4:32 p.m.

You guys better open the Top 7 with the Metallica FWTBT intro. If you don't, I'll complain. God help me I will complain so hard, somebody might notice!
  • revrock - March 9, 2012 3:30 p.m.

or "disposable heroes"
  • Triscuitable - March 10, 2012 2:13 p.m.

Maybe "One"? All three are fantastic songs. Hell, "Peace Sells" is a great theme.
  • garnsr - March 6, 2012 4:04 p.m.

Even World War 2 could be interesting again if we were given the opportunity to play as the bad guys instead of always the Allies. Games based on wars don't have to be shooters; just like Assassin's Creed 3 doesn't have to suffer from a lack of high buildings, because the game doesn't have to play the same as earlier games, all war games don't need to do the same thing they've been doing for the last few years. If you get a chance to use some older guns along with swords it could be cool, and fit into any war for a few hundred years. And Dynasty Warriors would still be cool, because of the setting, if they hadn't made so many of the same game.
  • ElDudeorino - March 7, 2012 1:12 a.m.

Red Orchestra 2's slightly terrible single player campaign is half German.
  • TheDCSniper - March 6, 2012 3:17 p.m.

Hold on a f***ing minute. All these wars had the most cumbersome and slowest weaponry imaginable. What about the Lebanese Civil War. You had the Israeli Defense Forces, US Marines, Hezbollah, Fatah, and the Christian Phalangist militias all fighting in a war where each side at one point was allied with the others. I think the Sabra and Shatilla refugee camp massacres would make this a sensitive subject for a game but if done tastefully, I think it could be an enthralling video game experience.
  • Fetalspray - March 6, 2012 2:19 p.m.

Noted how the British are involved in most of these. Heres some more how about - the hundred years war, the english civil war, the jacobite risings or the Korean war?
  • ElDudeorino - March 7, 2012 1:18 a.m.

Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War sort of covers the conflict and I don't really see why the Dynasty Warriors model couldn't be applied to the English Civil War. The biggest problem with the Dynasty Warriors model is that it's the Dynasty Warriors model and most people have little interest in it. The Korean War would be interesting as it would feature a lot of weapons not only from WWII shooters but also the Resistance series. As a Scot I dare not think that the Jacobite Rising would ever be turned into a Dynasty Warriors style game. Bonnie Prince Charlie and even Butcher Cumberland deserve better than that.
  • DaveGoose - March 7, 2012 8:11 a.m.

I didn't realize that the Korean war was fought with Alien weapons...
  • cj12297 - March 6, 2012 1:35 p.m.

I was thinking Irish war of Independence.
  • Fetalspray - March 6, 2012 2:13 p.m.

Touchy subject.
  • profile0000 - March 6, 2012 1:31 p.m.

Great article, Mikel. Yeah, I totally support Number 1 for sure.
  • Predinator2 - March 6, 2012 12:40 p.m.

Spanish-american mebe?
  • n00b - March 6, 2012 9:53 a.m.

oh my, Mikel Reparaz is a history otaku.
  • Slothboy - March 6, 2012 9:18 a.m.

Just props here for a great article. I think readers will be surprised to discover they accidentally learned some history! "...France began kicking ass. Horrible, horrible amounts of ass." Literal LOL.
  • MightyWumbo - March 6, 2012 9:09 a.m.

i have a feeling that activision is already making them!!