Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• flare149 - January 7, 2013 3:15 p.m.

I never believed Mass Effect 3's multiplayer would be bad, but I never thought it would take off, and I'm so glad I was wrong. I had a blast playing it in the Beta, but still feared people would drop it pretty quick and Bioware would stop supporting it for campaign DLC. Instead they'be provided it with so much support and constant challenges which have really crafted it's own huge following. It's funny because when people ask what I think the best multiplayer is I don't say CoD or Halo, it's ME3. I now own it on both PC and PS3 and play it a lot, and I can honestly say I've never not enjoyed it, something Halo and CoD definitely can't boast.
  • sweetchiliheat - January 7, 2013 3:12 p.m.

I really wasn't a fan of any of these entries. ME3 was only interesting when you got new stuff, which meant hours of playing just to have a good chance of getting something good. Despite awarding more points for silent kills in Brotherhood, everyone still runs around like an idiot. In my opinion, competitive multiplayer < co-operative multiplayer (exception: fighting games and racing). I had a blast playing Wolf Pack in AC3, and was glad I only needed one competitive match to pick up the achievement for winning a team game. And I realize RDR and ME3 are co-op based, but even then they really didn't hook me for more than an hour or 2.
  • BladedFalcon - January 7, 2013 1:18 p.m.

Okay, FINE, I will admit myself wrong regarding the ME3 multiplayer, because even "I" (who pretty much dislikes multiplayer on principle.) ended up playing it and enjoying it quite a bit for a while. That being said, call it stubbornness, but there will never be a time when I'll stop wanting my single player games to focus solely on single player. Why? Because personally, (and selfishly so, if you wanna call it that as well.) that's what I am always interested about in a game. Most of the time, multiplayer is an extra I couldn't care less if I game has it. Anyway, I've gotten the point, and as much as it may annoy me to see more and more multiplayer modes in Single player campaigns, I also accept that other people MAY like such addition. And, as this list shows, it is true that even with said addition, the SP is still palpably good. Which is why you might have noticed that for once, I was not among the crowd that decried Tomb Raider getting MP.
  • archnite - January 8, 2013 7:55 a.m.

We have so much in common, we should play (shooter) some time, just not online, or in the same space, or at the same time, or even the same game.
  • BladedFalcon - January 8, 2013 8:27 a.m.

Unless you Live in México, that seemes unlikely :p
  • jack-hentschell - January 7, 2013 12:42 p.m.

Dead Space 2, no. Everything else, absolutely. Mass Effect 3 in particular surprised the hell out of me. I'm still deep into both the single-player and multiplayer.
  • Skate360 - January 7, 2013 12:34 p.m.

I dont know..I certainly enjoyed Uncharted 2s fine multiplayer system..
  • Sinosaur - January 7, 2013 12:06 p.m.

I was one of the people disappointed by the inclusion of Multiplayer in ME3 (Not so much that I thought it would ruin the game, I just thought it was something that would sit on the disc and never get used). Then they put out the ME3 demo, and I didn't have anything to play at the time, so I decided to give it a try and it was fun. It wasn't until I played it in the full version that I got completely sucked into it. Unlocking new characters with amazing abilities, powerful new weapons. Then every time I drop out for a bit, they drop a new expansion and pull me back in. I was totally proved wrong, and am so pleased that I was.
  • needles - January 7, 2013 12:04 p.m.

Multiplayer is ruining this industry.
  • Sinosaur - January 7, 2013 1:11 p.m.

Why? Do you mean all multiplayer or just some multiplayer? Because I, personally, fail to see how a game I can play with friends is less valuable than one I can only play by myself.
  • needles - January 8, 2013 2:25 p.m.

I don't know, son. Multiplayer sucks. Just leave it at that. I was quite addicted to Modern warfare 1 and 2 for a while though. Like heroin addicted.
  • ultimatepunchrod - January 7, 2013 11:19 a.m.

I'd like to believe that these are the rule as opposed to exceptions, but I'm not convinced. Good entries though. Uncharted surprised the heck out of me for sure.
  • MolokoVeck - January 7, 2013 11:51 a.m.

Uncharted 2's multiplayer was indeed a pleasant surprise. I did not even try the multiplayer until I had completed the game, and then playing it on a whim to try it out turned into hours of leveling up, earning cash, and buying upgrades. It only took a couple of times kicking someone off of a ledge, pulling someone over a ledge, and jumping over someone's riot shield, before I realized that I had been missing these elements in multiplayer all my life...