Topics

Best of GR

• aoa_weaponx - October 22, 2012 3:08 p.m.

I CANNOT BELIEVE MASTER CHIEF MADE THIS LIST. HE IS THE WORST CHARACTER EVER. I UNDERSTAND THAT HE IS THE ONLY EXCLUSIVE MICROSOFT CHARACTER, BUT THAT IS NO REASON TO INCLUDE A CHARACTER FROM A SUB-PAR GAME. I MEAN THE STORY FOR 2 AND 3 WERE SO SHORT AND BORING HE SHOULD BE REMOVED!!!
  • yagi-attaroqithe-opforce - October 22, 2012 1:42 p.m.

you forgeting needles kane (sweet tooth)
  • tomthespesh - October 22, 2012 12:51 p.m.

The Dog from Fable II! He's there the whole way through supporting and helping you, even if you become a mass murdering psychopath and then still makes the ultimate sacrifice for you! One of the most moving moments in any game ever! (for me at least, but he did look a lot like my own dog).
  • rob619 - October 22, 2012 12:48 p.m.

Haha Gamesradar, loved raiden at number 2 or was he? LOL Snake is a gaming God to me it could have gone either way with him or link but for me he is the greatest gaming hero.
  • david-rotherham - October 22, 2012 12:29 p.m.

you forgot the little sparrow(fable 2) and the Hercules and all the Greek gods...
  • WOFxnine - October 22, 2012 11:21 a.m.

also dust is a pretty awesome character!
  • Rockleelives - October 22, 2012 11:18 a.m.

I also think Ethan from Heavy Rain should be on this list. Make it happen!
  • dj-tetreault - October 22, 2012 11:16 a.m.

The Kid or Rucks from Bastion, Faith from Mirrors Edge, The protagonist from Journey (who I don't believe has a name), Red from the original GB pokemon series
  • WOFxnine - October 22, 2012 11:13 a.m.

I see the logic behind snake, but honestly none of these characters come close to Master Chief he is number 1 period.
  • fullmetallegend - October 22, 2012 10:56 a.m.

Ugh, always full of heroes that never even talk, some of them you don't even see. Saying most of those characters are great characters is basically just saying "I am a great character." I mean, at least Link shows some emotion, but number one... meh.
  • Divine Paladin - October 22, 2012 12:47 p.m.

Heroes don't have to talk to be heroes. Drake can do it with a witty comment, but will he do only do what's right? No, not at all.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - October 22, 2012 2:56 p.m.

This list would be far different if it were "top 100 characters"
  • Clumsyninja89 - October 30, 2012 1:41 p.m.

This isn't a character contest, this is a hero contest. Link is the embodiment of courage, and heroism. The guy has had 25 years of saving the world. Legend of Zelda is on top of all the Top Best franchise list too, i mean it is the highest rated franchise, it is the first franchise to be put in the Hall of Fame, OOT is still the highest rated game since 1998. I mean it is one of the most influential, and masterful franchises in gaming. OOT is considered "One of Gaming's Greatest Achievements." So he would defiantly win in the hero, and Franchise contests.
  • CowboyBlasto - October 22, 2012 9:01 a.m.

Finny the Fish definitely deserves that number one spot. Right above Minato from P3.
  • slimjim441 - October 22, 2012 7:53 a.m.

Kirby should be much higher, but that list also needs: Ike (Fire Emblem) Someone from Silent Hill, most likely James, Heather, or Harry Isaac (Golden Sun) Rick Taylor (Splatterhouse) More Castlevania Captain Titus (Space Marine)
  • slimjim441 - October 22, 2012 7:55 a.m.

Ethan Mars (Heavy Rain) Marine (Doom series) Red (Pokemon series)
  • sayego - October 22, 2012 7:47 a.m.

where's batman?
  • Mawsome - October 21, 2012 9:22 p.m.

Commander Shepard too.
  • Swindle - October 21, 2012 10:59 p.m.

Did they not have any Final Fantasy Heroes?
  • Mawsome - October 21, 2012 9:20 p.m.

Batman-Batman Arkham series Faith-Mirrors Edge Ethan-Heavy Rain Everyone else is already there.