Topics

E3

• StonedMagician99 - June 1, 2012 12:35 a.m.

Though the gameplay looks great, I don't like the way Lara looks and sounds in this trailer. Compared to the very first CG trailer for this game, her eyes look off, and she almost sounds American rather than British. Does anyone else feel this way, or am I just insane?
  • taokaka - June 1, 2012 1:10 a.m.

The accent does sound slightly different to me as well, however her appearance looks fine to me. But more importantly did you think the man that kidnaps Lara is a dead ringer for Joel from the last of us?
  • StonedMagician99 - June 1, 2012 5:09 a.m.

Actually, now that you mention it, they do look a bit similar.
  • StonedMagician99 - June 1, 2012 5:12 a.m.

Oh, and here's a comparison of her looks from the trailers: Original CG trailer: http://pixelsmashers.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Tomb-raider.jpg This trailer: http://www.gamesaktuell.de/screenshots/970x546/2012/05/Tomb_Raider_Lara_Croft__30_.jpg
  • taokaka - June 1, 2012 6:22 a.m.

Wow, she really does look different.
  • StonedMagician99 - June 1, 2012 6:42 a.m.

Yeah. This is gonna sound awkward, but I honestly feel like I'm ruining everyone else's fun by having this reaction. Is that weird? Everyone's so hyped for this game, and I'm nitpicking her eyes. It's amazing how something so small can make a character look so different.
  • yonderTheGreat - June 1, 2012 8:06 a.m.

Nah, you are ruining it for everyone. :) Seriously tho, it's the Uncanny Valley. The better things get, the more tiny things stick out, and considering how important the eyes are to a human being's appearance, it's actually fine to notice that. I know some people that look like that, however, so it didn't really bother me.
  • therawski - June 1, 2012 10:06 a.m.

I think the first look is from a pre-rendered cg and the second is in-game cg, so probably not what you are thinking
  • Risonhighmer - June 1, 2012 12:58 p.m.

I thought the guy who tried kissing her neck before she kicked him in the balls looks like the Dad from Heavy Rain.