Topics

Top 7

• TURbo - February 23, 2010 5:15 a.m.

Brett Elston. Please bitch towards Mikel Reparaz that its General Shepard and not Colonel Shepard. If you paid any attention to the story.
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - February 23, 2010 5:09 a.m.

i think resident evil 4 should have been No.1 (insert fanfare here), and metal gear solid 4 had something like modern warfare 2, i think
  • JizzyB - February 23, 2010 4:45 a.m.

Do I really have to watch a 30 second advertisement anytime I want to see a video? (groan) Nice list though. However, RE's QTE's were really annoying at times. The knife fight was still cool.
  • toastedmilk - February 23, 2010 3:56 a.m.

to answer your first question: yes, dragon's lair is awesome. however only the home version since the arcade's high cost and the games trial and error gameplay could be quite pricey.
  • goochbiscuit - February 23, 2010 2:51 a.m.

While maybe not a QTE, I really enjoyed mashing buttons to get Snake to crawl through that microwave tunnel at the end of MGS 4. That whole scene was very powerful, and really emphasized how much Snake was struggling to make it to the end.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - February 23, 2010 2:41 a.m.

Wait... Uncensored on Wii, but censored on PS2? Something doesn't seem right...
  • Jacob816 - February 23, 2010 1:29 a.m.

Oh man, Brett's going to bitch about this on TDar this week.
  • Darkhawk - February 23, 2010 1:11 a.m.

I loved the button-mashing "X" run near the end of MGS4. Splitscreen action, Snake being ripped apart by massive microwave beams. I was literally crawling on the floor with Snake, hammering away at the controller. reCaptcha: roebuck reports
  • Montag - February 23, 2010 1:09 a.m.

I really dislike QTEs and is probably why I went the 360 route, not PS3. The PS3 is ideally suited to these sort of lightweight gaming ideas, lacking the "hard core" install base. In fact I expect to start seeing Myst clones anytime soon. Still even being a glorified DVD player at least the games are a bit more advanced than Dragon's Lair
  • RebornKusabi - February 23, 2010 12:59 a.m.

I plan on playing Heavy Rain, to hell with the negative review from this site and Destructoid. Every other site says it's good and I'm willing to give it a chance anyways. Love you guys!
  • Red - February 23, 2010 12:39 a.m.

Die Hard Arcade is so strikingly similar to Dynamite Cop for the Dreamcast, it must be by the same publisher. Some of those cutscenes were identical to the ones in the Dreamcast version as well. Check it out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamite_Cop It's still fun to play to this day if anyone is looking for good Dreamcast games.
  • mgkyo666 - February 23, 2010 12:28 a.m.

@Tochy The demo comes out pretty soon, but you can play it now if you pre-ordered it at Gamestop or if you bougt a Blu-Ray of District 9. Ahh Helios, how I love ripping your head off so much!
  • sleepy92ismypsn - February 23, 2010 12:19 a.m.

another point for sony with the top 2 being ps3 exclusives way to go wikiparaz. kratos is a badass i wish he would rip master cheifs head off
  • Fiirestorm21 - February 23, 2010 12:06 a.m.

Wow, I want to play Heavy Rain now. Forgive me if you did (going off memory here), but I wish your review of the game focused a bit more on things like this. But maybe that would be venturing too far into spoiler territory for a review. And the Modern Warfare 2 one was indeed one of the highlights of the weird-ass campaign.
  • robotechandnarutosucks - February 22, 2010 11:52 p.m.

hey everybody i dare you to stop playing games if another one uses qte
  • Tochy - February 22, 2010 11:45 p.m.

theres a psn demo for god of war 3?
  • CatrParrot - February 22, 2010 11:41 p.m.

I can't help but wonder why game developers continue to use quick time events? Also, the knife fight was actually my least favorite part of Resident Evil 4.
  • soccerclownking - February 22, 2010 11:35 p.m.

Are you kidding?! I absolutely HATE those dance sequences in Ballad of Gay Tony! For some reason they were so annoying to me...
  • M.Do.Col - February 22, 2010 11:21 p.m.

How could you not mention any of the QTEs from the two part Shenmue series?
  • Ded - February 22, 2010 11:20 p.m.

Aww was half expecting infinite climax big bang QTE from Bayonetta! Interesting article tho!