Topics

Top 7

• lovinmyps3 - February 24, 2010 12:23 a.m.

God of War and Bayonetta's in game QTEs were pretty good like the Torture Attacks. I'm ok with ones that are in game but the ones that interrupt cutscenes suck. I hate suddenly picking up my controller in an "oh shit QTE!" moment. JUST LET ME WATCH THE CUTSCENE!
  • Cyberninja - February 23, 2010 11:40 p.m.

now i want heavy rain and @ xboxrulez if xbox has better hardware how come they A had to cut back on stuff they put in ff13 for the xbox verision and B the same game is on 3 disks not 1 if think that leads to a logical FAIL
  • Abe504 - February 23, 2010 10:37 p.m.

Everything was good, except that crap mw2 one, same ending as the 1st game, just wit a knife.
  • Metroidhunter32 - February 23, 2010 9:27 p.m.

I loved the RE4 knife fight. I was hoping the final clash with Krauser would be the same but then they pulled the "you can't hurt him until he's about to rip your face off thing" Also, where is choping off you hand in Dead Space Extraction?
  • skynetiscoming - February 23, 2010 8:57 p.m.

At first I was like wtf xboxrulez, but if he's being ironic... it's almost kinda funny.
  • Pocotron - February 23, 2010 8:43 p.m.

@xboxrulez Your a bit off there. And of course it won't work on 360, that's why its called an exclusive!
  • oryandymackie - February 23, 2010 8:06 p.m.

EnragedTortoise1...'zactly what I was thinking.
  • oryandymackie - February 23, 2010 8:03 p.m.

(looks off into distance, slack-jawed, pondering some trivial matter) - oh, so that was a QTE I just missed? I've watched every dragging, boring, dreary cutscene you have to throw at me with dogged determination and the ONE time you decide to, y'know, interact with the player I miss the prompt!
  • chairmanofthebar - February 23, 2010 7:21 p.m.

Couldn't disagree more on the Resident Evil 4 knife fight. I think it's the MOST annoying QTE ever, next to any QTE from the God of War games.
  • mmarano - February 23, 2010 6:05 p.m.

Brilliant screenshots of Kratos ripping the head off of Helios on page 3. Can't wait to play God of War III.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - February 23, 2010 5:04 p.m.

Yeah, really expected to see the MGS4 microwave scene on here. Great article GR.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - February 23, 2010 5:02 p.m.

@sleepy92ismypsn - you're making the rest of us look bad. We don't need a PS3 equivalent of xboxrulez Anyway, epic article :) Off to download GoW3 now....
  • philipshaw - February 23, 2010 1:37 p.m.

Heavy Rain had to be top because the most of the game uses QTE's and uses them well. Mikel, it was a great article but you should have put a spoiler alert for the Heavy Rain video because I’m trying to go into that game without knowing anything about the story
  • OnyxOblivion - February 23, 2010 12:41 p.m.

You gotta be kidding. The MW2 QTE sucked. You had to mash the button FOREVER to pull it out. Also, regarding Heavy Rain, DO WANT
  • crumbdunky - February 23, 2010 10:39 a.m.

Jesus! Why no MGS4 microwave scene? Best QTE EVER! It brilliantly equates to Snakes struggle against both his situation AND his prematurely ageing body by, at harder diffs anyway) being a true test of finger endurance. It even fits with being just one repeated button press(for EVER)as the task is just to drag yourself ever onwards. Genius. Should have been top three.At least. Though HR(which I feel is way better than you guys make out-you really didn't seem to grasp that both the acting and writing jobs for this game were revolutionary and who gets that stuff bang on first time? Honestly unreasonable expectations much?)has some amazing moments.
  • GamesRadarMikelReparaz - February 23, 2010 7:46 a.m.

@TURbo: You don't need to appeal to Brett as an intermediary; you can bitch to me directly. But yes, you're right to point out the embarrassing error. Consider it fixed. @jmcgrotty: No, I think you'll find I implied that people who like Dragon's Lair don't have a problem with QTEs, and also are masochists. Both are well-documented facts.
  • jmcgrotty - February 23, 2010 7:09 a.m.

I noticed an error in this article that really need to be fixed. You mentioned, or at least implied, that no one likes Dragon's Lair. You obviously screwed that up, as the exact opposite is true. Probably would be a good idea for you to fix that.
  • murraydonald - February 23, 2010 5:59 a.m.

The Knife Fight will live on
  • magicwalnuts0 - February 23, 2010 5:30 a.m.

DIE HARD ARCADE AWESOME. I thought QTE's were commonplace after that game but I wasn't playing enough games to know, but now I know.
  • JustTheBoBreaker - February 23, 2010 5:21 a.m.

YAAAA! The PS3 is waaay better than Jesus! We should find every person who thinks this and organize into a big group. We'll call ourselves Sony fanboys and piss off everybody on the internet every time an overrated exclusive gets mediocre to good reviews.