• gilgamesh310 - December 6, 2010 5:41 p.m.

The4x, what flashback moments were there in Condemned:Criminal Origins? This is a great article though. I easily agree with number 1. All ghillied up is the best level there has ever been in a CoD game.
  • NathanXplosion - December 6, 2010 5:40 p.m.

Going back to Shadow Moses Island in MGS4 is one of my top "Oh Shit" moments in gaming.
  • Crabhand - December 6, 2010 5:37 p.m.

I was kind of surprised to see ODST on this list, I thought I was the only one who actually enjoyed the storytelling in that game. I had never played any Metal Gear Solid games, but even so I find the MGS4 entry to be a very cool one. I love it when developers throw the fanboys a bone and this is one of the best examples I've seen.
  • Defguru7777 - December 6, 2010 4:36 p.m.

Favorite among these was Halo 3: ODST's. Even though Romeo was my least favorite character, that mission was awesome. It was so much fun endlessly wrecking Banshees and Phantoms. Oh, and the ODST leader wasn't Dutch, it was Buck. And HOLY CRAP was All Ghillied Up/One Shot One Kill hard on Veteran. So proud I actually got that Achievement.
  • mattchew86 - December 6, 2010 4:33 p.m.

I'm glad they included the Shadow Moses flashbacks in MGS4. The second I walked out onto that helipad.....*whew*....I got goosebumps like you wouldn't believe. Total nostalgia overload.
  • ExcessGiraffe - December 6, 2010 4:20 p.m.

Ugh, ONE god damn chippy in Scotland makes the news with their deep fried Mars bars are everyone thinks it's the bloody national dish... All rage aside, great article!
  • AnonymouZ - December 6, 2010 3:29 p.m.

i bought cod4 like a year ago (still way late to the party but) that sniping mission was the one that sticked to my brain. also, the kid dying had my sister almost crying. only game i've ever seen her play/finish is heavy rain xD
  • WickedSid - December 6, 2010 3:11 p.m.

Great article, and fucking All Ghillied Up/One Shot, One Kill was so fucking difficult on Veteran.
  • Cutter9792 - December 6, 2010 2:55 p.m.

on paragraph 7 of the cod 4 flashback, it starts with: "Unlike, Black Ops, you..." It should read: "Unlike Black Ops, you..." Comma fail.
  • Vulneratus - December 6, 2010 1:45 p.m.

MGS4 gets it for me... simply too nostalgia-laden And Rab C Nesbitt would definitley not have gotten shot and left your bemused ass fighting wave after wave of soldiers and dogs and dog soldiers (I may have made the last one up) beside a goddamn ferris wheel in Chernobyl!!!! I was in a fit of rage doing that section on Veteran, when my girlfriend rang me for a lift... she doesn't let me play it anymore... And could MacMillan really philosophise over a pint?? Or rock a string vest???... okay lets stop this now
  • monsterhunter3rox - December 6, 2010 1:40 p.m.

wait,what is that "el boner" in the final fantasy pic?
  • KnightDehumidifier - December 6, 2010 1:20 p.m.

A good acknowledgment for a fantastic flashback is Mass Effect 2's Cerberus Network's side-mission where you had to recover dog tags of those that died in the Normandy crash. A cold and desolate planet with scattered remains of your once brave ship, along with brief static images of what fought off Saren and the Sovereign forces. Also, dead Mako.
  • PRISTIAN - December 6, 2010 1 p.m.

hey kids, remember Planescape Torment? AKA the nameless one remembering who he is along the entire freaking game? Right, right, apologies accepted.
  • Clovin64 - December 6, 2010 12:51 p.m.

Great choice for No 1. Like all the best support characters, Cpt MacMillan made me feel all safe and cosy under his protection. Even though I failed that mission maaaaaaaany times on my first playthrough. The accent rocks too, obviously.
  • StrayGator - December 6, 2010 12:22 p.m.

But... but Price was a leftenant then!
  • SausageLozenge - December 6, 2010 11:58 a.m.

Speaking of amnesia
  • WrathLord03 - December 6, 2010 11:33 a.m.

I'm not sure about the first half and a bit of Uncharted 2 being a 'fantastic flashback that gave amnesia the middle finger' but its the only one I know. Now that my possibly horrible sugestion is finished, great article as usual GamesRadar!
  • tareq - December 6, 2010 11:22 a.m.

That's a ludicrously long headline lol
  • The4X - December 6, 2010 10:44 a.m.

Just another title for you: Condemned^ Criminal Origins
  • EvidentDead - December 6, 2010 10:38 a.m.

Im sure I have the life bars out of order with the Ocelot fight that I mentioned. But you guys get the point.