Topics

Top 7

• Ripamaru - July 19, 2010 1:50 a.m.

The deal with FF7 is quite simple, the "bland" or "stereo-typical" characters let you use a near forgotten thing called imagination. The people in that game were exactly who you wanted them to be.
  • alexgm711 - July 17, 2010 10:15 p.m.

Dudes please let go of final fantasy, believe me, analyze a little bit and you´ll notice it is a whatever game, good but that´s it, By the way when they killed Aeris I didn´t give a shit, I palyed this game in 2002 and it wasn´t my first rpg to play.
  • JosefMotley - July 17, 2010 9:19 a.m.

thank you for bringing up super star wars, awful games
  • ultimatepunchrod - July 17, 2010 2:59 a.m.

just wanted to say that it is really just stupid to say that "nothing changed" from one release of sonic adventure to the next. The entire climate of platformers changed. new ones came out evolving from the previous gen's style if spyro the dragon were re-released today it wouldnt get as good of review scores because devs have built on that standard and now platformers are better now than they were then.
  • TURbo - July 17, 2010 1:20 a.m.

TDAR1
  • Wikkwik - May 7, 2010 10:32 a.m.

Final Fantasy 8 detroyed 7 :) end of discussed. FF 7 is a dead game, yeah the story is good and the characters personalities are good aswell. but it is not the god of games people claim it to be. it doesnt have the replayable factor as the story is worn after the first play through. oh and btw i have and have completed every FF and got perfect files on them all (yes even 13) to end.. FF8 beats in graphics story and..everything. Win :)
  • ultimatepunchrod - May 3, 2010 3:23 p.m.

uh. im pretty sure people can be nostalgic for whatever makes them nostalgic. its really subjective and if you played it a while back and remember enjoying yourself while playing it, well thats pretty much all nostalgia needs. and sonic adventure didnt mark the end of good sonic games because look at sonic adventure 2 and tell me that was a bad game.
  • Memph - May 3, 2010 11:03 a.m.

i found the worst thing by far in FFVII was the random battles. it could take 30mins to walk 20 feet and when trying to reach a save point it was ridiculously tedious. that said i clocked over 80 hours on it, my gf loved to watch it for the story and actually cried when aeris died :/ 7 being my first rpg my most vivid memory of it was the sheer black magic of cutscene graphics melded directly into gameplay. that train pulled in and i was, 'crikey, this is the game? i can move? wow!' followed immediately by a battle scene and 'wtf is this? why won't he move? ffs hit him!! oh i got magic selected *chooses attack* well go on hit the bast! he's got a sword the size of a viking's oar and he hits him once? wtf do you do i can't sodding move him!?' 30mins later i'm blowing up a reactor with Mr. T and hooked like a butcher's goods. still, chrono trigger smacks the crap out of any FF game, imo. though being my first, 7 definitely has and deserves my fond memories with it. being a sega gamer until the ps1 i hadn't even heard of final fantasy.
  • ObsessionWithEdgeworth - February 28, 2010 3:29 a.m.

OMG, the game on page 1, Sonic Adventure DX: Directors Cut. I never worked out what the DX stood for. That game was so annoying
  • ranivus - February 8, 2010 7:17 p.m.

Yeah and i got suckered in paying $8 for my copy of FF7 on my ps3. I played it for 4hours and havent touched it since i bought it 3 months ago. Lost Odyssey is my top JRPG of the era imho
  • waldorfkirby - October 13, 2009 10:56 p.m.

I want to vomit! what utter toot, i may cry myself to sleep now.. even though i agree absolutely. Well done GR... for nothing and everything :)
  • sgh342 - October 11, 2009 1:56 a.m.

Final Fantasy VII was great, but it overshadowed later games. FFVIII and IX were great games, but you don't hear nostalgia pouring for those, now do you?
  • sepirothpk - November 21, 2008 11:42 p.m.

I'm playing FFVII now, and I'm finding it a great game. While the graphics haven't aged too well, I believe the story and characters are actually quite good. FFVI was good too, but they also had stereotyped characters and the story wasn't that "original" as people claim. I beleive them both to be good games
  • tehperson123412 - September 24, 2008 1:22 a.m.

and yet, gr wonders why there are 100 reasons to hate them...
  • key0blade - August 29, 2008 12:55 a.m.

I wish I had FFVII...
  • mrbutlertron - November 14, 2008 5:25 p.m.

Some of those beat 'em ups were hella fun to play with a sibling or friend, but there's a reason Turtles in Time was 25 minutes long. There wasn't a whole lot of variety.
  • Stinger911 - November 13, 2008 3:53 a.m.

Final Fight?! And then the article writer continues to blaspheme against one of the greatest genres of all time: the beat 'em up! Repent! Repent, blasphemer!
  • tehperson123412 - October 18, 2008 9:36 p.m.

never mind my comment. shoulda actually SEEN the 100 reasons to hate gr. but still it's pretty hard to get away with a list like this
  • ryzuku - October 9, 2008 8:33 a.m.

I thought FFVII was alright, and I love good RPGs, especially ones with good stories. But, I never understood why so many people held it in such high regard. I just didn't really enjoy it that much.
  • Corsair89 - October 1, 2008 5:59 p.m.

Whatever. I still love FFVII.