Topics

Swag WTF

• brickman409 - June 12, 2010 3:08 a.m.

stupid, another fallout rip off
  • Doctalen - June 12, 2010 3:02 a.m.

Seems cool
  • FantasticMrStarFox - June 12, 2010 2:54 a.m.

There are 2.3 "legal" ar15 owners who actively shoot them and are trained to operate them in the US, I hope the Koreans are ready to fight a guerrilla war across varying terrain the likes of which have never been seen before.
  • MitsuharuSan - June 12, 2010 2:41 a.m.

The problem, is when you're using cheap stereotypes like the american imperialist who everybody hates and the evil asian who's trying to dominate everyone and now goes to fight the hero America, the imperialism (just because all asians hate America, right? Right?). Plus, I also think it's wrong to make games based on WWII. It's history, let it go instead of creating games where you need to exterminate evil german and evil japanese or something. How can someone think it's nice to play a game based on something TERRIBLE as WWII is beyond me.
  • Theocrat - June 12, 2010 2:35 a.m.

Love the trailer. There is no hate mongering with this concept - this is nothing more to it than the Red Dawn movie or even typical WWII combat (there you're killing German soldiers of the Nazi era - but still someone's grandfather). Using real world nations adds to the excitement and authenticity of the game. I look forward to reading the 'future history' of the game and how it is that a million man military that barely survives, has sub-par capabilities (subs that cannot go deeper than their shallow borders) is able to take Japan with ease and force a withdraw of US military might. Understanding a Gas shortage is a possible cause seems OK, however, Korea would be under the same Gas needs. I think a conquest of the world would need to be based upon a ideological or religious aspect more so than a political one (religion powers the world). But as a movie or as a game - this sounds like an awesome concept and I look forward to reading more (I'd love to get a copy of the brochures).
  • mEgAzD - June 12, 2010 2:24 a.m.

I know this almost has no correlation but this reminds me of World War Z Also: reCAPTCHA: combo toad
  • 8bitBaby - June 12, 2010 2:21 a.m.

creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy. also i love how after all that horrifying imagery, i get a happy super mario galaxy 2 commercial to lighten the mood. X3
  • RebornKusabi - June 12, 2010 2:20 a.m.

As someone who lives in Texas, I'm used to dumbass ignorant children who know NOTHING about what living in Texas is really like... it's just stopped bothering me because they look stupid when they spout nonsense that they have only heard about from television. On the topic of this xenophobic game, it sounds... hilarious. Why would ANYONE want the U.S.? It's economy is crap, it's people are getting fatter and we're all lazy ****'s that don't want to do anything. Strategically, taking Japan would be far more intelligent since you'd be getting all of that technology that other countries lack. Oh well, I don't care. Great article though Charlie! It really shows how... interesting this game is going to be.
  • ColonelKc - June 12, 2010 2:18 a.m.

Ya know THQ im korean, and i take offence to this because S korea will NEVER, I repeat, NEVER unite with N korea. (unless they give up)
  • GoateeGuy615 - June 12, 2010 2:05 a.m.

I have to say that was a pretty epic trailer. Hopefully it beats out the bad taste Turning Point left.
  • MitsuharuSan - June 12, 2010 2:03 a.m.

PS.: I think that's racist as hell. Thumbs down, THQ.
  • MitsuharuSan - June 12, 2010 2:02 a.m.

What's up with ALL the hate? It's a game, for God's sake. That's exactly why I think it's wrong to involve nationality in things like that.
  • CurryIsGood - June 12, 2010 1:58 a.m.

@Cwf2008 what up with that Texas hate???
  • CurryIsGood - June 12, 2010 1:56 a.m.

but they will never take San Fransisco cus the hippies will fight them off
  • Cwf2008 - June 12, 2010 1:54 a.m.

@Embolado: Who the hell wants Texas? The only reason its part of the US is because we actually lost the Mexican American War and Mexico demanded we take Texas... Well while this is completely impossible the game and trailer look incredible
  • Embolado - June 12, 2010 1:33 a.m.

They'll never take Texas!