• RicePuddingUK - December 10, 2010 12:47 a.m.

Wow, can't believe the gamers of the 90's said how fit Lara was in the left image, just to think people cracked one out over that. The image on the right is far more reasonable.
  • n00b - December 10, 2010 12:24 a.m.

is it just me or does the new lara look like a cross between yuna(flipped hair) and rambo (the dirty face and the bow)
  • BobberyFan98 - December 10, 2010 12:18 a.m.

I like the Redesign. They should keep it IMO
  • oryandymackie - December 10, 2010 12:11 a.m.

Oh, so that wasn't the appeal of Tomb Raider? Ah.
  • powerpc127 - December 10, 2010 12:11 a.m.

They didn't reboot anything. They just put shit on her face.
  • NappyAfro - December 10, 2010 midnight

Most iconic game characters have or are in the process of getting an extreme make over. I like the the new look. It makes her look... real and not cartoonish. Considering Angelina Jolie's role as Lara in the Tomb Raider movies, picturing Lara without her over inflated breast doesn't seem like it's out of place at all.
  • Darth_Griffin - December 9, 2010 11:57 p.m.

I like the new look. It's gritty, dirty and very sexy. The previous TR character models have been basically about emphasizing her breasts. this empahsizes all of her, which is welcome
  • Felixthecat - December 9, 2010 11:51 p.m.

OH GOD NO MY WORST FEARS HAVE COME TO LIFE SHE DOESN'T HAVE ANY BOOBS THIS IS A TRAVESTY. Honestly, I hate all this "realism" bullshit. Lara Croft without massive breasts is not Lara Croft. They pretty much made the character.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - December 9, 2010 11:50 p.m.

She now looks like a girl you could take home to your mum :)
  • BoltActionRevolver - December 9, 2010 11:49 p.m.

Mmmm, proportionaly correct goodness. No more "Seriously, its cold in cyberspace. Thats why the gravity defying polygons can poke an eye out"
  • Clovin64 - December 9, 2010 11:49 p.m.

Seems too much like an imitation of Uncharted to me. With Uncharted 3 recently announced, I doubt this game will keep my attention for long.
  • Vulneratus - December 9, 2010 11:45 p.m.

Whoa whoa whoa back up here... “We don’t want to play sexuality up for sexuality's sake”...- Well then its not Tomb Raider!! :P and breast reduction surgery!!?? my old teenage self is spinning in his grave/messy bedroom... ahh those were the days!! ... Anyway, : "The big thing for me – and for us – as we were designing Lara was trying to find something that felt both iconic and timeless at the same time,”... = mindless PR jargon It might seem like I'm being harsh here, and I probably am, but c'mon!! Reinventing a franchise nowadays pretty much seems to be this: Setting: Big cold corporate boardroom Bald capitalist contemptuously takes cigar out of his mouth, "Whats with this Laura Craft gal?? Why isn't she making me any lovely green moolah??" "Well we have an idea, Sir" Developer replies meekly, as a last resort. "Well out with it, or I'll show you whats for... with my cane. We need to convince these smelly gamer punks to part with their cash, pronto!!!" "Well.. we could make her more gritty, Sir, more realistic, with more shades of brown. That seems to work" He's then shown some statistics that substantiate this... "Hot damn, thats it!!!"
  • Fredeur - December 9, 2010 11:43 p.m.

Lara without her D-cup... Well, what's next ? Kratos without his steroid body so we can focus on his face ? Mario without his moustache ? Master Chief without his Mjolnir armor ? The new Lara has the same body as Elena Fisher in Uncharted. For Elena, it is working very well, but come on, Lara Croft is an über babe, not a girl next door. Nonetheless, this art is great.
  • SideOfBeef - December 9, 2010 11:41 p.m.

I would like this new Lara Croft but... dude what happened to her face? I've fallen off cliffs and gotten a fishing hook in my face, and I've never managed to look that beat up.
  • CoffeeForTheAdmiral - December 9, 2010 11:36 p.m.

"like that in the game," I meant to say. DON'T JUDGE ME!!!
  • CoffeeForTheAdmiral - December 9, 2010 11:36 p.m.

This is going to sound stupid, but her face looks too realistic to me. I doubt it will look at that in the game, but it really looks like they stuck some girl's head on a fake body. Also, what is that long thing she's wearing on her back? Bonus point to Thorpe for honesty.
  • munkyluver - December 9, 2010 11:35 p.m.

The reduction in breast size is appalling! Unless this is changed, I, an avid Tomb Raider fan, will not be making the purchase!
  • paganpoet - December 9, 2010 11:31 p.m.

Is it just me, or doesn't the new Lara look kind of latina? Maybe they're harking back to the "Lara Cruz" concept from early on.
  • aguynamedraf - December 9, 2010 11:22 p.m.

The new look is so much better. Honestly, looking into those big brown eyes is more intense than her chest, lol.
  • killorabbit - December 9, 2010 11:21 p.m.

Looks like she's turned from Lara to 'Generic female badass' to me. Toning down the element of sexuality? Fine by me. Just this new character doesn't look like Lara, more like a character from the next L4D game.