Topics

TalkRadar

• D0CCON - October 21, 2011 11:04 p.m.

Chris's roast wasn't as good as Brett's if you ask me, but considering that half of the roasters are either going to see him MORE at PC Gamer or have already left and won't be affected by this at all, I can't say I wasn't expecting that. BTW, I think that we are soon to have a new over-played sound effect to join the dolphin/farting/Marcus Fenix screaming effects. It looks like Mikel likes that "Yeah" effect a lot.
  • soren7550 - October 21, 2011 10:54 p.m.

Chris, why you leave too? <:'[ *cries more* Everyone I love at GamesRadar leaves! And GamesRadar people were at NYCC too? Damn, I missed so many things while I was there!
  • Nodoudt - October 21, 2011 9:42 p.m.

I stood in line for nearly an hour at the local pizza place, which is never busy, even on Fridays. It all makes sense now.
  • practicallyhitler - October 21, 2011 9:41 p.m.

In regards to Zamboner, any corporate schilling that includes the phrase "Pussy Dracula" is pure subversive genius.
  • practicallyhitler - October 21, 2011 9:34 p.m.

I was listening to TalkRadar #1 on my lunch break today (starting my third journey through your ever-expanding back catalog) and stumbled across a very, ummm... let's call it poignant example of Chris's unique contribution to the podcast. I launched into Tdar 1 directly from the surprise ending of #182, suffered through the awkward, halting introductions, and chuckled @ Tyler apologizing for having a sore throat. The audio quality was atrocious, and I started to wonder, as you guys often have, why anyone would have chosen to continue listening based on this performance. At this point, not 2 minutes into the first episode (the counter was at 1:43, if I remember correctly), like a bolt of lightning from heaven cutting through the fog of nerves and inexperience, Mr. Antista jumps head-first into a story about drunken pissing mishaps, his mildew-smelling shirt, and the ominous connection between the two. The rest, as they say, is history. Really couldn't think of a better tribute on your last "official" show, Chris. Good luck, and thanks for all the laughs.
  • ArbokDaKobra - October 21, 2011 9:11 p.m.

It absolutely saddens me to know end to hear Chris is leaving. Now that Tyler, Brett, and Chris have left, TDar feels like the dying British Empire of the 1950's. Although Mikel is still on, i feel like the heart and soul of the show is gone, the great one has left. I won't listen every week anymore, but i might drop in every once in awhile it just wont be the same. But i wish Chris the very best in all of his endeavors, and hope he finds happiness in whatever he does. Thank you for all the great memories. ALL HAIL THE NORWEGIAN KING OF NAMES!
  • Fenderstat - October 22, 2011 2:43 a.m.

That is a very appropriate reference there Mr.A. Fortunately the British Empire (now with the family friendly term British Commonwealth) still remains today and so shall talk radar. Huzzah to King Chris! The passing of a monarch is sad indeed...
  • keklar - October 22, 2011 8:12 a.m.

Make sure to check out their Laser Time podcast now! It's the TalkRadar gang, but not focused all the time on games. http://www.lasertimepodcast.com/
  • iluvmyDS - October 21, 2011 8:39 p.m.

Brett, Lizzie, Tyler, and now Chris? My god how things change. I've been listening to the podcast ever since it started and it's been a huge fixture in my life. I will continue to listen because giving up is bs. I just wish Chris and everyone else I mentioned luck in all their future endeavors. Also good luck to those who will be the new fixtures on the podcast. I hope to listen to you all until the day ever comes that TalkRadar ceases to be. with lots of love and boners, Keith.
  • cheezitmonster - October 21, 2011 8:21 p.m.

God, I really feel like I started listening to the podcast at the end of its Golden Age. I only started listening like 3 months before old Brett Elston left. God that guy really killed me. God it sucks being a gamer of a younger variety; as soon as you get acquainted with the Editors featured in these podcasts, they go away because they were working in video game journalism for like 10 years and they want to move on with their adult lives. Now for losing Elston, all we have is that flitty Hollander cooper. God that's depressing. The same thing happened with me and Nintendo Voice Chat podcast, as soon as I started watching, Matt Casamasina left, then Bozon, and eventually Craig Harris. Now it's a shadow of its former self; the only newcomer that I like in that podcast is Audrey Drake. I just hope this podcast, and gamesrader on a larger note can still stay informative, funny, and unique with these wonderful and talents. Even though I have only spent a small amount of time listening, I will miss you chris antista.
  • bloodraven - October 21, 2011 8:12 p.m.

Good show! While is saddens me to see you leave, I'm glad to know that Talkradar is in good hands. Good luck across the hall and beyond Chris. I look forward to see what the future of the podcast brings in the future.
  • bloodraven - October 21, 2011 8:14 p.m.

...Perhaps in the future I'll read what I write before posting.
  • Thequestion 121 - October 21, 2011 8:10 p.m.

An end of an era :/
  • WaffleLeech - October 21, 2011 7:16 p.m.

It'll take a while to adjust, but I have faith that Mikel, Charlie, Henry and the "Coop" will continue to deliver the quality podcasts we have come to take for granted. Godspeed Chris.
  • D0CCON - October 21, 2011 7:15 p.m.

So, now it's Chris Brett, Tyler, and (sorta kinda) Lizzie all in one year? How am I not surprised. The instant I get obsessed with something, it changes drastically within 2 months (148 is what made me fall in love with TDar, even if I've been a Gamesradar member for over 2 years). The only exception to that seems to be Yahtzee's reviews.
  • Blasto - October 21, 2011 7:11 p.m.

The slice of pizza I'm eating is topped with sausage, peperoni, and my tears. Farewell good sir.
  • profile0000 - October 21, 2011 7:06 p.m.

Goodbye Chris, the community will always love you, buddy. Good luck. Long live the TDAR, and long live the legend, Chris Antista.
  • DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - October 21, 2011 7:03 p.m.

Well, I was all set to spend several hours fighting back tears like when Brett left, but this is too damn hilarious. And now that we have Laser Time and Chris and Tyler will be on PC Gamer, I don't feel so much like my childhood friends are moving away. Thanks for all the great TalkRadars, Chris, I've never laughed so hard while listening to someone describe their bowel movements in excruciating detail.
  • IChooseUAntistaMON - October 21, 2011 6:29 p.m.

New power 3 Michael, Henry and Hollander Cooper?? This loss hurts more than Brett Miss you "Anti-Christ"
  • Stabby_Joe - October 21, 2011 6:26 p.m.

I think it's the quick succession of people leaving that's got people so stirred up. I mean we all knew people would come and go eventually. Still if the usual will still appear on TDar, if recurring or once in awhile, it's still all good! Besides, some new opinions and jokes should be at least intriguing for some of you.