Google+

It's a good time to be a nostalgic gamer with a PC. Not only has the almost Valve-quality mod remake of Half-Life, Black Mesa, just launched to rightly rapturous applause, but we're now starting to get a real, concrete look at Skywind, a full remake of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind in the Skyrim engine. And it is pretty.

The project has been in development for a while now, but has only just caught the attention of the internet at large, via the recent posting of screens on the Morroblivion forum by user and modder Eloth. The project is a work-in-progress and is obviously going to take a loooong time to complete, but the extra graphical oomph is already doing great things for Morrowind's more ethereal look.

Topics

Bethesda mods

9 comments

  • hintzke - September 21, 2012 7:58 a.m.

    This is the length game companies should go when making an HD version, so many of the games have only a slight upgrade it's not worth the asking price. Also, is there a link to a site where donations can be made for this project?
  • NullG7 - September 21, 2012 8:35 a.m.

    Definitely agree its so weird when you see a remake where 30% of the games objects are in stunning HD quality but then the other 70% is just original textures.
  • ObliqueZombie - September 21, 2012 8:52 a.m.

    I hope my PC can run it. It looks like they used that damned beautiful ENB mod, which I can't run and still enjoy the game properly. Any word on specs?
  • Darree - September 21, 2012 9:07 a.m.

    This is almost exactly what I've been wanting. Please Bethesda, don't shut them down.
  • Fox_Mulder - September 21, 2012 9:37 a.m.

    This is exactly the motivation I need to finish Morrowind.
  • edan-hogan-duff - September 21, 2012 3:08 p.m.

    HOOOTEERRRSSS!!
  • kyle94 - September 21, 2012 3:44 p.m.

    This sounds absolutely fantastic. Honestly, I bought Morrowind a couple of years after I got Oblivion, and it's always a struggle for me to work backwards through a series, abandoning the graphics and gameplay of the latest one, with a few rare exceptions (such as Monkey Island. My first exposure to the series was the third game, and the fourth one is actually the one that I had to push myself to complete).
  • robotdickens - September 23, 2012 9:02 p.m.

    My God. It's so... beautiful. Still, I would like to see the devs release these for consoles. I still haven't beaten Morrowind yet mainly because I was so young when it first came out and now I'm like "meh".
  • NinjaPopsicle - September 24, 2012 11:05 p.m.

    "The project is a work-in-progress and is obviously going to take a loooong time to complete, but the extra graphical oomph is already doing great things for Morrowind's more ethereal look." So, in other words, it's basically Morroblibion all over again. While I have no doubt it will be just as good, if not beter, I'm sure it will be just about done just as Elder Scrolls VI is released next gen, then the process of porting it to the new new engine will start all over again.

Showing 1-9 of 9 comments

Join the Discussion
Add a comment (HTML tags are not allowed.)
Characters remaining: 5000