Topics

Comic-Con

• ShotgunEric374 - August 16, 2010 7:17 a.m.

i like how no one knew about SP until like last week but i never even knew about half of these references and ive been reading them since infinite sadness came out so thnx guys!
  • Zeb364 - August 15, 2010 7:57 p.m.

I only finished reading them all recently so I waited to read this article and I'm glad I got to it because you really did the series justice. I can't imagine how long it took you to find all these.
  • Skykid - August 15, 2010 6:53 p.m.

Y'know, it's time I got interested in this; without certain people knowing of course. Loved the Starcraft reference.
  • Geminiman82 - August 15, 2010 12:37 p.m.

Nicely done sir!
  • super0sonic - August 15, 2010 8:04 a.m.

Scott Pilgrim is great and its something that i have to thank talk radar for putting me on to. I had seen it in stores and stuff but never payed it much mind until it was talked about in the pod cast like back before april. I know it was then because i bought most of the copy's i have from the Calgary Comic Expo in april
  • tayls - August 15, 2010 7:06 a.m.

Really, really nice article. I feel like the movie completely "got" the source material and could be one of the greatest adaptations I've ever seen. I feel like I'm completely validated for everything I've ever cared about thanks to the success of the books and the film.
  • WickedSid - August 15, 2010 2:17 a.m.

DAT WUZ DA FUGGIN' TRY-PHORSSE!!!!! Lmao, great job on the Article.
  • T3xH - August 15, 2010 1:42 a.m.

Great job. We appreciate your hard work
  • epicdominican91 - August 15, 2010 1:23 a.m.

OH SHIT I TOTALLY MEANT RAMONA!
  • epicdominican91 - August 15, 2010 1:21 a.m.

In the movie when Scott understands that Ramona had a sexy phase, that sound u here is from Sonic. Also I kinda thought that Envy stabbing him in his dream was a reference to FFVII, but then again, he was stabbed through the chest, not the back.
  • magic_muffin_man - August 14, 2010 10:22 p.m.

Okay, I know this is a SUPER NERDY TO THE MAX reference, but when Envy resumes her show after Gideon dies in Vol. 6, you can see Travis Touchdown in the audience. (The exact place is to the right of the first panel on page 213). Thank you and goodnight.
  • tuomotaivainen - August 14, 2010 6:38 p.m.

And I thought this couldn't get any lamer............................
  • Kapwan - August 13, 2010 4:16 p.m.

I think Scott's powetr of Understanding sword looks more like Ichigo's sword Zangetsu from Bleach. The pose when he first gets it is Cloud though.
  • Thelonius - August 13, 2010 3:34 p.m.

I'm up to Book 4 already and i couldn't love it more.
  • princewillonwubu - August 13, 2010 11:38 a.m.

oh i see what they did there. . .
  • RonaldRayGun - August 13, 2010 4:16 a.m.

This is REALLY impressive.
  • Onepersonwithnoopinion - August 13, 2010 3:34 a.m.

Issue #2, page 22. "What a wonderful day to miss the bus". Sort of sounds like: "What a wonderful day to have a curse". In case you didn't know, this is from Castlevania 2.
  • frogfromchronotriggerisactuallyjesus - August 13, 2010 3:22 a.m.

what about neil playing what is clearly a ds/gba sp in volume 3?
  • crazyer - August 13, 2010 1:02 a.m.

the defaet both twins at the same time is an trophy in the ps3 game.
  • brettjohnson - August 13, 2010 12:24 a.m.

Sweet. The name of the third volume is a reference to the Smashing Pumpkins third album, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. That makes me wanna read it. Good article.