• TokenGamesRadarFurry - January 18, 2014 7:55 p.m.

Wow...no more physical qQotW prizes to Canada? That is an incredible bummer. What caused this change Greg? *sadface*
  • BladedFalcon - January 18, 2014 11:07 p.m.

Indeed, he also had sent me a price to Mexico last year, seems that's off the table as well ): Maybe Future decided the extra cost of the shipping was too much for their stingy blood?
  • winner2 - January 18, 2014 6:32 p.m.

Kratos is the antichrist or something , I don't fucking know, I'm with Tom on these theories
  • asincs - January 18, 2014 6:04 p.m.

Rev up the soundboard, guys, because I have a correction about the Russian dolls: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matryoshka_doll 'also known as Russian nesting/nested doll, refers to a set of wooden dolls of decreasing size placed one inside the other. They are sometimes incorrectly referred to as "babushka dolls" (grandmother doll)'
  • TheGooseinator - January 18, 2014 1:33 p.m.

A three act structure is definitely most common for plays, although a two act structure is often used in musicals. Maybe The Monster in the girls story will break out into song and dance a la The Great Mighty Poo for the second act! Also, I wrote the community segment jingle. Never been mentioned on the podcast, soooo... Lol XD
  • TanookiMan - January 20, 2014 2:56 p.m.

If you did write the community segment jingle, then awesome job! It really adds to the character of the show.
  • TheGooseinator - January 21, 2014 11:23 a.m.

Thanks, man! Means a lot!
  • wadesmit - January 21, 2014 12:53 p.m.

Seconded. You've contributed a great deal to the life of our beloved podcast and provided many laughs. Thanks.
  • wadesmit - January 18, 2014 10:50 a.m.

What the... I know I have a tendency to spam a little in the podcast comments, and I'm in rehab for that, but I have to ask Hollander... Was that you who did the "I'm a cat man" scream? Because, if so; A) AMAZING job. B) You made the joke I was hoping would be made. C) How does your voice do that?!? D) Seriously, that was accurate.
  • GR HollanderCooper - January 18, 2014 10:51 p.m.

I have no idea why I did it but thank you so much for making me think it was a good idea.
  • wadesmit - January 18, 2014 10:43 a.m.

Oooh! Thanks for remembering where I live, Talj-oh-nick! I AM in fact... not moving out of Africa. I'm moving from the East coast of South Africa to the Southernmost region of the continent - Cape Town. For to be a student.
  • BladedFalcon - January 18, 2014 7:38 a.m.

Also... Geez, this podcast reminded once again why I no longer care about the Kingdom hearts Franchise. The story is completely senseless and convoluted in all the wrong ways. Those few minutes of even attempting to make sense of just a part of it's lore made my eyes roll so damn hard they ended up hurting >_>
  • shawksta - January 18, 2014 9:48 a.m.

You think thats bad, it was cringeworthy hearing them pronounce Xion's name wrong. The thing about Kingdom Hearts is it gets complicated more or less, but your able to simplify it on the long run, the issue is that some games exist that have no impact on the story except making it more annoying. Re:Coded for example did absolutely nothing because your told the same exact thing in DDD anyway.
  • BladedFalcon - January 18, 2014 11:26 a.m.

...Who gives a fuck if they pronounced a name wrong? everyone making a fuss abut it is an idiot. Unless a name is pronounced incorrectly on purpose with the express intention to insult or annoy, making a big deal of that is petty. As a Mexican, if I cringed everytime you English speaking people pronounced even common names in spanish wrong, I'd have gotten insane by now, but again, it's not a big deal. That's not my issue with Kingdom Hearts, stories are allowed to get super complicated and complex IF there's a good reason for it. KH does this wrong by making a mess of things for the sake of making it complicated. introducing a shitload of characters and term that ultimately have no real consequence whatsoever and make it appear more deep than it is. Furthermore, i guess it just annoys me more that the more and more the series progresses, the less and less it is about this supposed "crossover" and "celebration" of Square and Disney, and it's more about their own original characters and crawling into their own ass. Even the first KH, while good, never treated Disney or square characters more than cameos or incidental companions. Yes Goofy and Donald are always with Sora, but their role in their story could be easily replaced with anyone else. They just put Disney characters and Square characters for the sake of fanservice but without really staying true with the characters. Hell, fucking Mario RPG for the SNES is closer to the kind of tone that Kingdom Hearts should have had since the beginning. A whimsy, overall adventurous and cheerful story that makes justice to the characters that are crossing over in it. Mickey Mouse has no fucking Business acting like a "Baddass" in the KH series, that has NEVER been his character at all. So aside from the fact that it physically resembles Mickey, that entire character could be replaced with an angsty anime character stereotype, and it would be far more accurate. ...Holy shit did that rant just exploded. Guess I've had more pent up resentment with this franchise than i had realized. Feels kinda good to let it out though.
  • shawksta - January 18, 2014 12:23 p.m.

Its okay, let it all out, Kingdom Hearts is convoluted as hell and the unnessesary spin offs are making it worse. Your description of not giving the Disney Characters justification is also good, i havent heard that argument before. Also to be fair, people are pointing out the pronounciation only because Greg and the others are giving us the power to correct them. Though i feel for you on pronounciations of names, as nobody can ever get my name right till i tell them its pronounced with an O despite having an A.
  • universaltofu - January 18, 2014 12:40 p.m.

I hope your name is jake, because I don't know very many good jakes.
  • shawksta - January 18, 2014 10:11 p.m.

You tried, i'll give you an 8.5 Its Shawki actually, similar to my username.
  • universaltofu - January 19, 2014 6:13 a.m.

Thanks, and cool.
  • BladedFalcon - January 18, 2014 1:56 p.m.

I just- I think KH is one of those things that in hindsight, the more you think about it, the more stupid you realize it was, and as I was writing, my brain recalled all that I've seen in the first two games and went "wait... all of that was fucking retarded, why did I ever think this was any good?" I then I got mad XD Honestly, I feel like KH is comparable to one of those super long, convoluted anime series like say, bleach, or Dragon ball Z, that when you watch then as a teenager, you go "oh hey, that's super cool" but when you look back at it... You realize how senseless and silly it all was. Lastly... Compare it to another Square property: The World Ends With You. Which initially seems to have a similar tone, and also has a very complex, at times potentially confusing plot, and CAN get very dramatic and angsty at times... Difference is, TWEWY's story obviously was thought out with an end and a PURPOSE in mind, and when it's all say at done, you get an awesome feeling when you figure it all out because it makes sense AND it had a point to make. Whereas with KH it seriously feels that with every game they are just making shit up as they go, to the point that they no longer remember if their story had any fucking point to begin with.
  • Vonter - January 18, 2014 4:22 p.m.

Power Rangers was cool. At least the main generation got a decent ending in Space. Although that time between Zeo and Turbo still bothers me. Also Nomura believes in the same J.J. Abrams (Lost) believes; that if you make your story look more intelligent than it is, you easily hook people. I think he express this in depth at TED.
  • BladedFalcon - January 18, 2014 8:53 p.m.

No comment regarding Power Rangers. I do remember liking them when I was like 5, but I quickly outgrew them, and nowadays I find them too campy and repetitive to be enjoyable. And yeah... That's an incredibly bullshit philosophy to use, if you ask me. And I know what you're talking about, it's Abrams's infamous "Mystery Box". Funny thing you mentioned lost as well, as that there is another prime example of a botched series with a story that even the creators had no fucking clue how to handle or what was their point to begin with. There's many ways to do storytelling right, it's not a set or single path, I agree. But one thing that I find as a common factor for the truly great ones, the ones that stay with you, is those that the Author genuinely cared about for, those in which you could tell he thought about it over and over, and WANTED to tell that story, how to start it, AND end it.