• rezapoc - September 11, 2009 5:18 p.m.

Playing Sonic Adventure for the first time at a demo booth in a Sheffield cinema. My jaw hit the floor! I'd seen the pictures in the game magazines at the time but nothing prepared me for how amazingly fast and crisp it looked compared to the blurryness of N64 and the fuzzyness of Saturn/PS1 games.
  • RageGreen - September 11, 2009 4:02 p.m.

Dropping out the window, little realising classic sonic was still inside :(
  • silvereye - September 11, 2009 3:13 p.m.

Soic the hedgehog 2, the ending. Its just brilliant and simple, and it sees Tails help out his hero
  • drprofessor - September 11, 2009 3:07 p.m.

I remember busting my ass doing chores to pay for Sega Channel. It was the most glorious day ever when the cable guy plugged in that wonderful little black box. Then I got to play Golden Axe 3 and my head exploded.
  • zigs - September 11, 2009 11:55 a.m.

playing Shenmue as a 10 year old. Absolutely blew my mind, and completely changed my entire perspective on what games could be. Feel entirely indebted to Yu Suzuki, i doubt i'd still be gaming if not for Shenmue. I'd never seen a game with that much freedom in controlling the character, and with such a huge city to explore, with so damn much to do. I'd never even in my wildest dreams imagined how real a games world and protagonist could be, completely immersed myself in the whole game. And at that age, the pace of the game was utterly perfect for me, and things i'd probably hate if i played it now (QTEs, forklift minigames, etc) i absolutely loved at the time. Unfortunately, i never actually owned a Dreamcast, and my older brother had borrowed it from a friend in exchange for our N64, and despite the ~100 hours i played the game, i never got to the end of the game before my brother swapped the console back. also never got to finish Jet Set Radio, TrickStyle or Tomb Raider: The Last Chronicles. The bastard. So actually, that's both my best and worst Sega memory.
  • GamerTagsSuck - September 11, 2009 10:59 a.m.

And that activator commercial is scary as a hell.
  • CatrParrot - September 11, 2009 5:45 a.m.

For me, probably playing Jet Grind Radio for 7 hours straight the first day I got it. Why can't more games today have such a bright and vibrant color palette? Anyway, here's hoping a new Jet Grind Radio is released sooner than later.
  • jakab11 - September 11, 2009 2:28 a.m.

walking across the street to play Sonic 1 and 2 on my best friend's Genesis. Other than that, just sinking tons of hours into Super Monkey Ball 2 on my cousins' Gamecube
  • Koouunn - September 11, 2009 12:40 a.m.

all about the dreamcast playing bomberman and sonic adventure 2 and even code veronic. man that game was great way beter than RE5
  • A2guy - September 11, 2009 12:29 a.m.

@effin chrys. I know his name's robotnick, I just always called him Eggman. sounded cooler to me when I was a kid.
  • EffinChrys - September 10, 2009 11:55 p.m.

Remembering every music track and sound effect in Sonic 1-3. I could go YEARS without playing those games, come back (read: Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for 360/PS3) and still hum out the whole game. That's staying power in every way. And as they released the old games for Wii and 360 I would still pay and download them. And Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is a whooooole different, yes also very memorable, experience. 3rd grade thru 5th grade was ruined for me cuz that game ate my life. P.S. Yes kids, Sonic's nemesis' name is Dr. Robotnik- NOT Dr. Eggman. old school.
  • kaythanksbye2 - September 15, 2009 2:07 p.m.

I never owned a dreamcast or saturn, but I have fond memories as a child playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles on my Genesis. I also enjoyed the heck out of Fun & Games because I didn't have Mario Paint at the time and it's kind of similar.
  • DontEatRawHagis - September 13, 2009 12:28 p.m.

Before they sold Matrix Online to SOE. It was shaping out to be a good game in Beta but when SOE took over the entire thing went to hell
  • Da-Ku - September 13, 2009 10:27 a.m.

It was my first console (well my dad's), lion king kept my going so much i didnt care when it shut down my sky box... (re-captcha soave GORDON)
  • RaIdEn - September 13, 2009 6:57 a.m.

i remember wen i was a little rascal i used to get my haircut at this super fun kids place, it had a bouncy castle and a fort like at mcdonalds but screw all that, they had a seeeeeeeeega! i dont remember the names of all the games i played but i remember i went to that place even wen i was too old to go just for that amazing piece of machinery. then the damn thing broke and ive never gone since. it was good while it lasted though
  • TKTOWA - September 12, 2009 9:54 p.m.

I have a lot of fond Sega memories. My favourite console of all time is Sega Saturn. I remember loving Guardian Heroes soo much I'd keep playing after I broke my thumb playing soccer. Spending two nights researching and downloading illegal software to make my PSPs game opening video the Saturn opening. I actually have at least 10 dreams a year which is just finding Saturn games really cheap and buying all of them. Shelling out 120 bucks for Guardian Heroes and 100 for Dragon Force. I regret nothing.
  • Shadsy - September 12, 2009 9:26 p.m.

I never owned a Sega system up until the Dreamcast, but all my friends had a Genesis. One time I went over to one of their houses and, using some quick info I learned through my dial-up internet, triggered the Sonic 1 debug mode while he was out of the room and claimed I was playing a new game. He believed it. Pffft, Genesis owners. Suckers.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - September 12, 2009 5:36 p.m.

Opening title screen of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Obviously not the best game, that's number 2, but it was that same opening once that made me feel like everything in the world was ok again
  • Snarf - September 12, 2009 2:05 p.m.

I didn't own a Dreamcast. My friend had one but we rarely played it and when we did I would always ask to play the same Sonic game but I never saw past the third level, for we didn't save or anything.
  • gmilf71 - September 12, 2009 9:40 a.m.

Having sex with a dreamcast and giving birth to horrible sega-human creatures, then killing them all with a double barreled shotgun. And really really enjoying it.