• Danomeon - June 11, 2013 9:18 a.m.

I was excited to see xbox win me back over with great games, but they really dropped the ball. They showed good stuff, but screwed up on their two best games. Titanfall is coming to PC and 360 as well, meaning it's not an xbox one exclusive. In addition to this, Killer Instinct is free to play and starts you off with one character instead of being an on-the-shelf title! Those were the two games that had me excited! Now I'm sold on the PS4. 100 dollars less, better system specs, no used game or online restrictions, killer apps that are actually exclusives and not available on the computer as well, and a better profile of exclusive developers (Santa Monica and Naughty Dog, anyone?) I just wish that they had shown more new IPs at their conference.
  • Stankfinger92 - June 10, 2013 9:41 p.m.

I have to say at first I was the cynical about how both would turn out with favor towards neither. But E3 showed me something I have not seen at any in the best, humor. Humor and humility were the two graceful acts that Sony pulled off by showing everyone that not only will they be getting my money from now on but they also declared themselves the winners in I think a lot of peoples minds. I heard the chant at Sony's press conference, I and think Microsoft should listen to all the fans they pissed off find solace in a home that many thought lost. All I can say now is this, I'm sorry I left Sony, I hope you understand it was for the better because now this reunion will taste all the sweeter for both of us.
  • lilj805 - June 10, 2013 8:20 p.m.

Hands down PS4 with flying colors
  • jman0625 - June 8, 2013 7:08 a.m.

Wii U! But out of these two i don't know a single person who would say the XBone. PS4U!
  • Jet - June 8, 2013 2:13 a.m.

Xboned
  • db1331 - June 7, 2013 12:34 p.m.

Don't you mean, "Which one is SECOND best?"
  • Jet - June 8, 2013 2:12 a.m.

Not unless you mean to Pc
  • BladedFalcon - June 11, 2013 9:10 p.m.

He is. He ALWAYS is :P
  • jeffrey-stoddard - June 4, 2013 5:26 p.m.

Xbox One for me!
  • Danomeon - June 1, 2013 12:37 p.m.

I think that calling the exclusives slide in favor of Xbox One based on their promises might have been a bit of a bad move. While they did technically promise more exclusives, looking at their history in the recent past shows that their 'exclusives' have been a little lackluster near the end of the 360's life cycle. Kinect sports, skittles, and Fable: The Journey showcase some of their recent mess-ups, and seeing them squander their best talents and IP's (Case in point: rare) makes me wonder just how many of these new IP's are kinect exclusives or small arcade games. I would argue that, by the same logic that you gave PS4 the graphical edge because they showed more and put their money where there mouth is, you should also have given the exclusives to the PS4 because they have actually announced and shown more exclusive titles with their console. That being said, with so little information the race could really tip either way. I'm heavily leaning towards Sony at the moment, because their press conference had way more of an emphasis on games, actually showing new titles rather than just stating that new titles are in development. Seeing microsoft's advertisement-ridden dashboard already has my palms sweating a little bit, and I much prefer sony's sharing network of game footage to microsoft's 'most popular' media navigation. I don't want to see pop star advertisments everywhere. So, microsoft is really going to have to PROVE that they have strong IPs in development. I want to hear titles, the concepts of all these IPs, and see gameplay footage. They absolutely cannot be this vague at E3. The same can be said for Sony, too.
  • supadupasumo - May 31, 2013 5:09 p.m.

Well, I've had almost all the consoles through the ages, spent many an hour with my Xbox, then bought a PS3, then traded my Xbox. I'd like to think I was impartial, but I definitely hope the PS4 is the better console. I have PS+ until next September, and have just discovered the potential of cross play (shadow of colossus anywhere I feel like!) The thought of taking my home console gaming anywhere I please is a seriously fantastic prospect since I do spend a lot of time on the road. I did hate the Microsoft reveal, as that cut together video where all they talked about was TV and fucking COD condensed the essence into one short video, and on the surface at least Sony seem to be taking the lead at this point. Fact is, though, we won't actually know for a long time, but I do like the speculation. My money's on Sony to take this generation.......does anyone even remember the Wii U now? Only console I never gave a flying fuck about. Except the PSP, PSP go, PSP 1000, PSP light, PSP slim and/or lite, PSP 5billion etc etc
  • CitizenWolfie - May 31, 2013 5:15 a.m.

The last slide says it's too close to call, yet PS4 took more victories per slide? Anyway for my money I'll probably go with PS4 first. I'm a self-confessed Sony fanboy (despite having a PS3 and Xbox 360) and personally I prefer the Sony exclusives over Microsoft's hands down. I've gotten far more out of my free PSN account too than I ever have with my Xbox Gold account, so much so that I haven't bothered to renew my membership this year. Just in general after watching both reveal events I was far more excited at the PS4 than Xbox One. It seems like Microsoft are repeating all of Sony's mistakes with PS3 (namely assuming that gamers would love them regardless and just turn it into a media hub) whereas Sony appear to have learned from theirs and focused on the games again.
  • gadjo - June 4, 2013 12:45 a.m.

Despite being an xbox 360 owner this gen, I think ps4 has got this race in the bag as long as they don't do the same stupid online requirement and used game blocking. Usually I argue console wars on the games, but with shit like that it's hard to see the Xbone winning.
  • JimmyCooldaddy - May 30, 2013 7:51 p.m.

i wonder if i own both consoles if i can use the xbone's voice recognition to say "xbox, play ps4"...
  • mbavalo - June 11, 2013 5:01 a.m.

Quick! someone get this man a medal for his thinking!
  • Rowdie - May 28, 2013 7:55 a.m.

It's pretty much impossible to take someone's opinion seriously when they choose the sony controller over the ms controller. Should have known the article was going south when the specs section doesn't even mention the esram then gives sony the nod on ram. Giving the point to sony is almost certainly right but not because the gddr5 is superior to ddr3, but rather by not having to put the esram and move engine bit in the apu allowed for more gpu compute units. That's where the real power difference lies. Where is NextGeneration the mag when you need it?
  • Fyrebrand - May 28, 2013 1:23 p.m.

"It's pretty much impossible to take someone's opinion seriously when they choose the sony controller over the ms controller." Pfft, it's a matter of opinion. Personally, I can't stand Microsoft's controllers. Sony's are pretty much the best controllers I've ever used.
  • Rowdie - May 30, 2013 1:27 p.m.

No, it's an objectively measurable fact.
  • Fyrebrand - May 30, 2013 3:50 p.m.

Well, when you put it that way...