We Recommend

• Darkhawk - November 28, 2013 8:56 a.m.

Now is the time to finally purchase the last-gen console you didn't have time/money for before.
  • udUbdaWgz - November 29, 2013 5:58 p.m.

nothing better right now than a gamer wanting to stock up their 360 and ps3 libraries.
  • pueblonative - November 28, 2013 8:12 a.m.

I'd say the winner is. . .PS3/XBox 360 (whichever system you don't own right now).
  • cJinL - November 27, 2013 4:54 p.m.

Sooo just buy whatever brand we're comfortable with? Okeeee
  • Balaska - November 27, 2013 10:48 p.m.

That was my whole plan before I read this article... still is now :D
  • TheGooseinator - November 27, 2013 4:18 p.m.

Don't really care much about the Last Guardian. The concept never really grabbed me, and from what I can tell the gameplay didn't really seem to bring anything new to the table. And this is coming from a guy who honors Shadow of the Colossus and Journey as some of his favorite games of all time. Probably better to just let the project go at this point:(
  • TheGooseinator - November 27, 2013 4:12 p.m.

Even PS4 is still overall the best console, I'm incredibly proud of Microsoft as a company for recovering in the way that they did. Although the XBox One is less technically impressive and has a much more multiplayer oriented game plan (which could be viewed as a plus), the console also has many neat features and forward thinking ideas involving Kinect and XBox Live. Even if the PS4 has similar features, that console seems more concerned with providing unique game experiences than a unique console (also an incredibly respectable approach). In short, although the PS4 is still overall the better console and will likely sell better in the coming months, the fact that the race is as close as it is shows off Microsofts chops as a game and console provider. Also, before anyone accuses me of any fanboyism, I should make it clear that I'm probably not going to buy either console anytime soon. I'm just sitting back with my Wii U, watching the sparks fly and waiting for the dust to settle. It's been incredibly entertaining XD.
  • AnthonyTV - November 30, 2013 9:22 a.m.

Weird. I sold my Wii U for less than half what I spent on it & the games and put it as store credit toward a PS4. And I couldn't be happier. How is your Wii U? Looking no better than PS3 or 360? Because it isn't. Almost no online support? Almost no stand-out exclusives? Is Super Smash Bro's that worth buying something as powerful as a 360 with an OS & online weaker than PS3... and a PS4 at 399, the same price, just 1 year later? How's the blu-ray? Oh wait. How about the next several years of games that will no longer bow down to the xbox 360's 10gb limit and thus will not even be able to fit on a Wii U disc? Remember when the Wii reached the point where it had half-assed iterations of games because it couldn't handle the full versions? The Wii U is going to become that after 1 year!!!! I hope it's worth it to spend 500 dollars on a Wii U just to have Super Smash Brothers.
  • sephex - November 27, 2013 3:54 p.m.

"The Xbox 360's interface was a mess..." What!? I think it was the coolest point of X360.
  • Razzal - November 30, 2013 12:01 p.m.

My biggest problem with the 360 interface was the fact that I had to look at adverts on a service I am paying for. At least on the playstation UI, I do not have to wade through ads to get what I wanted, even when you are not on ps plus.
  • Swedish_Chef - January 31, 2014 3:27 a.m.

The interface started off really good at launch but as they kept adding stuff and changing it, things got really messy.
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 27, 2013 8:16 a.m.

But what about that extra RAM they might have hidden in the Xbone? No mention of it here, I see.......
  • Eightboll812 - November 27, 2013 9:11 a.m.

Oh, you mean the MS-fanboy troll? I think his pre-order came with that extra RAM because his last post claimed Xbone hardware was superior to PS4 hardware, lol.
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 27, 2013 9:14 a.m.

That would be the one!
  • Redeater - November 27, 2013 12:53 p.m.

I just about spit coffee on my screen. Thanks for that.
  • dangomushi - November 26, 2013 9:52 p.m.

I just want a WiiU..
  • Eightboll812 - November 26, 2013 6:11 p.m.

Resurrecting this article, although I see why because it's updating the conclusions now that the staff has played both, still seems like trolling for flame wars, lol.
  • Shigeruken - November 26, 2013 5:09 p.m.

I really do not like the Xbox One ui, it seems like everything I dislike about windows 8 has made its way into the console somehow.
  • Timstertimster - November 26, 2013 4:34 p.m.

PS4 because: 1. My friends are on PS4 2. The HDD is really easy to swap. And trust me, 500 GB is nothing in 3 years' time 3. Software arguments are bogus both ways. Both consoles support software updates so yeah, I don't worry about not having YouTube yet. 4. Nicer looking for my tastes but I do worry about heat. Sigh. 5. I just like Sony as a corporation better.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - November 26, 2013 4:32 p.m.

I still prefer Xbox :P
  • shawksta - November 26, 2013 4:25 p.m.

My eyes are on Xbone but that doesnt mean i hate the PS4, thats not how i am