• chr1s_crown - February 25, 2014 1:32 p.m.

I will always put xbox before ps any day .I've read comments and it's funny how Noone talking about ps 3 psn was down for months in 2012 and couldn't get online meanwhile us xbox gamers had no such issue funny how that is. And FYI the sales do matter with the economy the way it is people are buying ps4 cause its cheaper it's only been 4 months since they have been released not a lot of games are out there give it time sales will go up for xbox
  • Hig1134 - April 10, 2014 8:01 a.m.

"it's funny how Noone talking about ps 3 psn was down for months in 2012 " You want to know what's really funny?? How Xbox fans need to dwell on the past to make arguments for the present. This is not about 360/PS3, it's about XB1/PS4. MS are charging more money for a less powerful system. Multi-platform games have already shown the discrepancy. You're right, sales do matter...and in that regard, PS4 is handing XB1 it's ass.
  • jonathan-nielsen - May 14, 2014 10:06 p.m.

do we need to bring up the whole thing about Sony installing a hidden DRM in the ps4 and then suddenly coming out with it after the backlash had begun and had to send out an update for the ps4 so as to remove the DRM? as for Xbox, they openly stated it before it came out then decided to take it back and told everyone.....which company is more truthful here? oh yeah, according to alot of articles and videos, the ps4 heats up a hell of alot faster than the xbox one. according to them, you'll need to keep your ps4 in a well vented area where air can circulate really good, otherwise, bye bye ps4 and hello blue light of death.
  • Hig1134 - May 15, 2014 7:33 a.m.

Yawn....keep those tears flowing Xbot.
  • jason-clarke - February 15, 2014 12:50 p.m.

I love my ps4, the recent release of outlast was massive and most impressive being given it for free on PS plus, I have not once regretted getting a ps4 over the Xbox one, coming from a Xbox 360 I thought I would miss the interface and network stability but no the ps4 has been solid, I've had a few game crashes but I put it down to early days shakes. The simple fact all third party games are better performers on the ps4 certainly helps as well, I thought battlefield and cod were just shakey starts on the Xbox one and sooner or later the games will start using the force. But then tomb raider came along and its the same story all over again. The ps4 really is a fair bit stronger under the hood its becoming clearer all the time just how much. I do miss forza tho I love that franchise.
  • jonathan-nielsen - May 14, 2014 10:07 p.m.

any issues with your ps4 heating up and giving you the blue light of death yet?
  • Danijel86 - February 13, 2014 3:43 p.m.

PS 4 is definitely better choice, don't forget that for PS 3 also took some time to reach its full potential, at the same time consoles today have bean used for much more than just gaming. 1 or 2 two better exclusives for now does not mean that Xbox is better, wait a little Sony has always have better exclusives ( IMPO ), sure it will continue to pursue this tradition... http://geekperspective.net/ps4-vs-xbox-one-which-one-should-you-buy/
  • jamie-krukowski - February 13, 2014 1:06 p.m.

I do agree with this, despite adoring my Xbox One and being an avid fan of Xbox and Microsoft in general. I guess I'm a fanboy, but again, the article's judgement is completely accurate to me. I think with the onset of oncoming games and the improvements on the niggles that are currently there with the system, it'll be much closer. I don't mind the lesser graphics, I can deal with that, especially with the pros of the excellent interface, the Kinect et al.
  • sephex - February 13, 2014 3:49 a.m.

"The Xbox One still has the better exclusives; Forza, Killer Instinct, and (surprisingly) Ryse are games that PS4 owners will pine for. In terms of genres, there's also a wider range of variety on Microsoft's system." Vs. "Thing is, the majority of these upcoming releases are shooters; the Xbox One does (for now, at least) seem to be lacking some variety when it comes to AAA titles." Now which one?
  • GOD - February 13, 2014 12:40 a.m.

I think it's worth mentioning that although the voice commands may not be as extensive on PS4, you don't even have to buy the camera to use them, as you can just plug in the included mono headset and turn on voice command in the options without having to buy anything additional.
  • Kyte - February 12, 2014 10:13 p.m.

The only way I would buy a XBONE is if it could play pc games. I think microsoft would have made a larger impact on the market and win over the pc fanboys if they had added that feature. The xbox 360 had Twitter, facebook, youtube. Internet Explorer etc. Now they added Windows 8 OS to the mix. No pc gaming function? Who wouldnt want to own a 2 in 1 system. They could have added a partiton like function that allow you to change over between a Xbone custom windows like pc side and the Xbone live side. Oh well, my ps2 and 360 are still working. So, i'm gonna pass on these consoles. They way I see it, each console generation that passes, its successor will move closer to becoming a pc. PC FTW!!
  • Drekner - February 13, 2014 11:06 a.m.

Dude. If that was possible, that would have sold soooo many consoles. I'm planning heavily on getting a PS4 but if the xbone could do that.. I'd switch up my game for sure.
  • cory-smith - February 12, 2014 7:15 p.m.

Why put Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition on the Xbox One's game lists? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the PS4 version superior since it runs at the full 60 frames per second, not to mention at native 1080p, while the Xbox One's runs at 30. Just saying.
  • jonathan-nielsen - May 14, 2014 10:10 p.m.

hey buddy, not native 1080p. and oh yeah, killzone ran at a 30fps and i think around 720p or 850p max for killzone. and should graphics really matter when it comes to games? as long as it's fun, campaign is nice, and multiplayer isn't filled with CoD Players, i'm happy with it. still planning on buying both consoles though.
  • infestedandy - February 12, 2014 7:12 p.m.

It's always tough when talking about console exclusives and such because, as we all know, most of the time some of the big titles hit the PC market; Titanfall is one of them. When we say something is exclusive to a platform, to me that means it's only available on the designated platform. For instance, The Last of Us is a PS3 title only and never made its way to the PC - console and PS3 exclusive. BioShock released on the Xbox 360 and PC, making it exclusive to the 360 in regards to consoles. Of course one year later the PS3 ended up getting the game, but for that time it was only available on the Xbox 360 console and PC. My point is, when fanboys point at their system, like Titanfall and the Xbox One, and say, "Oh yeah? Well we have this game to play and you don't!" it may be true, however there's another platform that can also play the game. This makes me feel like their argument still carries a point but far less weight and less of an essential reason to absolutely own something like the Xbox One. The later Halo and Gears of War games are exclusive to the Xbox 360, much like the PS3's Uncharted and Infamous series. I feel that if you're going to play the 'Exclusive War' game, make sure you choose games that are actually specific to your platform and your platform only. Thoughts?
  • jonathan-nielsen - May 14, 2014 10:11 p.m.

agreed, don't forget about the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3 for PS4 thats suppose to be shown at E3 this year! AMAZING!
  • Jackonomics2.0 - February 12, 2014 6:42 p.m.

It's all preference in the end, im just playing Battlefield 4 and Killer Instinct, in my opinion Killer Instinct is by far the best next gen exclusive compared from PS4 or Xbone, but genre's differ.
  • SunniDee - February 12, 2014 5:01 p.m.

Obviously they are in the pocket of $ony and Mirco$oft because we all know that the Wii U is the truest and next genniest system out of all of them.
  • garnsr - February 12, 2014 4:54 p.m.

I've played through several games on PS3 since playing AC 4 on PS4 and not having anything else to play yet. Which doesn't really bother me, getting Bioshock Infinite, Brothers, and DMC free with PS Plus has helped fill the time waiting for InFamous, and knowing that things will pick up on the new system, while I still have quality games to go back to on the PS3.
  • BladedFalcon - February 12, 2014 3:37 p.m.

Oh man... *Braces for another wave of pointless bickering between fanboys of both sides* I think you guys should have waited two months before updating this article... Not much has really changed so far between now and when the systems launched. Atleast by April we should see a killer app from each side come out, making that something else to talk about.