• McEd - May 21, 2013 5:37 p.m.

I feel like Xbox is trying to squeeze more money out of me with the pre-owned game fee. And the always online kind of thing, like you need to activate the game online to play offline I find not cool. My vote is PS4 for president.
  • drew-pfaff - May 24, 2013 12:53 a.m.

The fact you go into politics is pathetic, I don't think Obama is that great of a president, but he is much better than the people he ran against, and if you have that big of a problem go and do something about it.
  • chavbuster1 - May 21, 2013 5:31 p.m.

At least the PS4 is ACTUALLY a games console and is trying to do something about backwards compatibility. I think PC gaming is the only way forward for the traditional core-gamer. I wipe my a$$ with kinect and all that sh1t.
  • NullG7 - May 21, 2013 7:02 p.m.

Do you wash you hands with the Playstation Eye then?
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 21, 2013 5:57 p.m.

Aye, we fixed that - thanks for pointing that out (and we apologize for the inaccuracy!)
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 21, 2013 6:41 p.m.

Pffft no need to apologize, you called out a blatantly incorrect series of paragraphs.
  • LoboMau - May 21, 2013 6:02 p.m.

What were you expecting? Most gamming sites lack people that really know about hw. I'm not going to blame them though. Anyway, both presentations (Sony's and MS's, but mostly MS) haven't really showed the specs I truly want to know. What about the GPU? And the CPU max frequency? Power consumption? All they talk is about IO ports, what the hell!
  • lordgodalming - May 21, 2013 5:27 p.m.

Um, have you guys ever been to the internet before? Your very first post about specs is so ludicrous I had to check my calender to make sure it wasn't April 1st. RAM: Not all memory is created equal. Both systems have 8GB of RAM, but PS4 uses GDDR5 and XONE uses GDDR3 (reportedly), which is the same ultra-high bandwidth memory used on the current flagship PC video cards. OS: Devs praised the PS4 OS and its tiny footprint, as well as Sony's tools that allow developers to alter resource use at the deepest operating levels, meaning the standard footprint can be made even less conspicuous by developers. And as one commenter has already posted, the XONE walls off an entire 3 GB of RAM for OS or Kinect or whatever the hell else it's doing in the background all the time. In fact this whole article seems to be some kind of weird NO, THE NEW XBOX IS TOTALLY SWEET reaction to what was basically an EA Sports presentation where MS revealed its new hardware.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 21, 2013 5:59 p.m.

The errors have been fixed, thanks for pointing them out! That being said, keep in mind that GDDR5 isn't just "faster" DDR3 - the two types of memory fulfill different functions. Otherwise, most gaming PCs would be running GDDR5 as system memory instead of dedicated graphics memory. The PS4's "unified" architecture is largely what will determine how effective the GDDR5 is at performing basic RAM tasks.
  • lordgodalming - May 21, 2013 8:31 p.m.

Important point. GDDR3 is lower latency (faster), but GDDR5 allows for much higher bandwidth. Anyway, thanks for addressing the issue. I echo Eightboll812 in apologizing if I sounded like a dickhole in my original post. I was just very surprised at what I'd read.
  • Sy87 - May 21, 2013 5:26 p.m.

I think I will just have to go PC completely. I hate the play station controller and well Xbox is just pretty much a disaster now. If anything I will wait for at least a year.
  • drew-pfaff - May 24, 2013 12:59 a.m.

How is something like the controller seriously that big of an issue? I can almost guarantee that there will be third party controllers that will be different shapes closer to what the 360 is, just like with the ps2 and the ps3, I am seriously curious because of how many people use this as their only argument.
  • talleyXIV - May 21, 2013 5:18 p.m.

Both look awful but I'll give PS4 the edge only because Xbox went with that fee for pre-owned games... just about the worst idea out of both.
  • Sinnott - May 21, 2013 5:18 p.m.

Suffice to say Microsoft have had better presentations in the past. I don't think there are any new features that'd make it the better choice, between the requirement of being online within 24 hours and their reputation to charge for the air that goes through their cooling fans. It may be presumptuous to say so soon but my money's on Sony
  • ericmatrix1 - May 21, 2013 6:04 p.m.

You know that rumor was dispelled right? They have said that most of the features can be used without being connected to the internet. There will be no "always on" internet on the XboxOne. See this article: http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-will-not-require-constant-internet-connection-6408662
  • laurenhiya21 - May 21, 2013 5:13 p.m.

PS4 is definitely looking way better than Xbox1... Not really excited for either but at least I don't have any gripes with the PS4 so far. If Sony announced that the PS4 was region free however, then I think I would be excited.
  • brickman409 - May 21, 2013 5:05 p.m.

The next gen is going to be lame