• ericmatrix1 - May 21, 2013 6:09 p.m.

I think the PS4 will have significantly better graphics, so they will win there, but the XboxOne will undoubtedly OWN in the content arena. their exclusive offerings and ease of use will bring them to the front of the console pack, I think. I mean, do not get me wrong, I like Playstation but they have just failed the consumer so many times. They make promises that they either do not keep or takes them years to make good on. Microsoft is just on it
  • ericmatrix1 - May 27, 2013 3:25 p.m.

My comment on the graphics was not based on the "on paper" specs but rather, from what we saw at the reveals. Each company took time to break down specific graphics-related features and display the quality of the resulting product. For example, Microsoft & Activision showcased the enhanced graphic changes in regards to COD: Ghosts. They were nice, in comparison to older games, I must admit. Sony, on the other hand, showed the photo-realistic image f the old man and the subtle changes in facial contortion and expression of feelings. My assessment is indeed a premature one, but it is based purely on what we were SHOWN rather than what is printed on paper. I mean, on PAPER, both have 8 Cores but if most of those cores are used for the operating system and functionality (PS4) then the console would be much slower when trying to do things like Multitasking and swipe gestures. My point is, you can not go solely on what papers say, because two systems may utilize the same or similar hardware, but both may utilize them differently, producing a very different result. Also, to be honest, my comment on them having failed the consumer is partially true, but also, in part, due to personal experience. You are correct in inferring that many corporations (especially in the gaming industry) will fail their consumers many times during the cycle of a console. My gripes with Playstation, however, are because their failings as of late seem to be more current and more often and do not even get me started on all their promises surrounding the PS Vita & its functionality with the PS3. I do hope they get it right with the PS4 and truly follow through. In relation to ALL gaming companies, I would much rather them say NOTHING about a product until its release rather than getting my hopes up, only for them to be dashed when said company does not follow through. You know?
  • slimjim441 - May 21, 2013 5:56 p.m.

Today's Xbox One reveal was honestly rather lackluster. Nothing was bad, but nothing made me think 'wow.' Granted, PS4's reveal wasn't too much better, but it definitely wasn't as uninformative. If you're going specs, Xbox One does have a lot in it, and I mean that in a bad way. I'd like to say PS4 is looking better, but everything from Battlefield 4 to MGSV hasn't actually been showcased on either next gen system, so it's hard to say. Final verdict: Xbox One is a fucking stupid name and Super Nintendo wins.
  • Fhiend - May 22, 2013 7 a.m.

SNES always wins.
  • pokepark7 - May 21, 2013 5:39 p.m.

OK so this is a close one but the PS4 does look better and gives a effort BUT the X box one does seem to have great graphics so....... i'm going with the .......... UGH!!!! i cant decide they both are cool but still. :P
  • McEd - May 21, 2013 5:37 p.m.

I feel like Xbox is trying to squeeze more money out of me with the pre-owned game fee. And the always online kind of thing, like you need to activate the game online to play offline I find not cool. My vote is PS4 for president.
  • rballa2 - May 21, 2013 9:41 p.m.

"I hate so much about the things that you choose to be."
  • McEd - May 22, 2013 12:32 a.m.

What? what I think you are saying is that you think I am saying that Obama is a good president? Is that what you are saying?
  • drew-pfaff - May 24, 2013 12:53 a.m.

The fact you go into politics is pathetic, I don't think Obama is that great of a president, but he is much better than the people he ran against, and if you have that big of a problem go and do something about it.
  • chavbuster1 - May 21, 2013 5:31 p.m.

At least the PS4 is ACTUALLY a games console and is trying to do something about backwards compatibility. I think PC gaming is the only way forward for the traditional core-gamer. I wipe my a$$ with kinect and all that sh1t.
  • NullG7 - May 21, 2013 7:02 p.m.

Do you wash you hands with the Playstation Eye then?
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 21, 2013 5:57 p.m.

Aye, we fixed that - thanks for pointing that out (and we apologize for the inaccuracy!)
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 21, 2013 6:41 p.m.

Pffft no need to apologize, you called out a blatantly incorrect series of paragraphs.
  • LoboMau - May 21, 2013 6:02 p.m.

What were you expecting? Most gamming sites lack people that really know about hw. I'm not going to blame them though. Anyway, both presentations (Sony's and MS's, but mostly MS) haven't really showed the specs I truly want to know. What about the GPU? And the CPU max frequency? Power consumption? All they talk is about IO ports, what the hell!
  • lordgodalming - May 21, 2013 5:27 p.m.

Um, have you guys ever been to the internet before? Your very first post about specs is so ludicrous I had to check my calender to make sure it wasn't April 1st. RAM: Not all memory is created equal. Both systems have 8GB of RAM, but PS4 uses GDDR5 and XONE uses GDDR3 (reportedly), which is the same ultra-high bandwidth memory used on the current flagship PC video cards. OS: Devs praised the PS4 OS and its tiny footprint, as well as Sony's tools that allow developers to alter resource use at the deepest operating levels, meaning the standard footprint can be made even less conspicuous by developers. And as one commenter has already posted, the XONE walls off an entire 3 GB of RAM for OS or Kinect or whatever the hell else it's doing in the background all the time. In fact this whole article seems to be some kind of weird NO, THE NEW XBOX IS TOTALLY SWEET reaction to what was basically an EA Sports presentation where MS revealed its new hardware.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 21, 2013 5:59 p.m.

The errors have been fixed, thanks for pointing them out! That being said, keep in mind that GDDR5 isn't just "faster" DDR3 - the two types of memory fulfill different functions. Otherwise, most gaming PCs would be running GDDR5 as system memory instead of dedicated graphics memory. The PS4's "unified" architecture is largely what will determine how effective the GDDR5 is at performing basic RAM tasks.