• g1rldraco7 - May 25, 2013 4:35 a.m.

I am on team Xbox to the end and if you don't like it, TS baby!!!! :P
  • Fireninjastar - May 25, 2013 4:52 a.m.

You must be very rich as well as dumb to buy a DVR that has a Xbox controller attached to it.
  • Figments - May 25, 2013 7:56 a.m.

You /do/ know that all Sony announced was the gaming-related features and not anything else, right? We have no idea what they're planning up their sleeves for non-gamers. It may as well be the same thing Microsoft is doing. Just selling a game box isn't as profitable as it once was.
  • Fireninjastar - May 25, 2013 9:34 a.m.

if you're not a gamer, don't bother buying the console! What are you gonna use it for when you're not playing games? To make kool-aid?
  • Ronnie-_- - May 25, 2013 1:33 p.m.

A console needs to be able to do more things than just play games to convince consumers to buy a piece of tech upwards of three-hundred dollars. All devices do multiple things now and there's no reason that consoles shouldn't do the same.
  • ZeeCaptain - May 25, 2013 4:58 p.m.

Yes but are you going to buy the console just to watch hulu and go on Facebook? I'm talking about non-gamers, why would they want to buy a console, sure some gamers may like the idea of having a netflix app or a twitter app, but why is the game industry so interested in making things better for their non-targeted audience. I feel if an analogy would help, ok say your a non-driver, your 15 you don't have a learners permit or a license and you're not worried about it for another good two or three years. Would you go out and buy a car? For what to sit in it and play the radio? It makes no sense.
  • Nines - May 24, 2013 9:49 p.m.

SteamBox / PC
  • archnite - May 24, 2013 2:30 p.m.

We haven't seen the PS4 yet but the Xbox box is pretty ugly...to close to call.
  • Child Of Death - May 24, 2013 12:46 p.m.

I love how this article neglected talking about the required daily 24 hr internet check and used games essentially being fucked over. This alone makes the PS4 a 100 times more appealing.
  • Figments - May 24, 2013 7:11 p.m.

1) Policies change many many times before a product launch. I expect that by E3, all this nonsense will be sorted out. Until then, cool your jets. 2) They haven't even said anything about used games yet other than "we're working on making sure you can still play used games." Check the official FAQ, bro.
  • bebl09 - May 24, 2013 7:35 p.m.

Wrong: "The bits are on your hard drive. At the end of the play session, when I take my disc home - or even if I leave it with you - if you want to continue to play that game [on your profile] then you have to pay for it." - Phil Harrison, Microsoft Corporate VP http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-22-phil-harrison-tries-again-to-clarify-game-ownership-second-hand-sales-and-always-online-in-xbox-one He also seems pretty darn certain about the whole online thing. "I think the key point to make is that Xbox One requires an internet connection." Notice he doesn't say it may require a connection, or that they're considering requiring an internet connection. I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt but it hardly seems like it's something that might change.
  • Figments - May 24, 2013 7:50 p.m.

And then you read elsewhere where he's redacting his previously stated info and saying something completely different. The point is that there's a multitude of mixed messages from everyone everywhere and it's confusing the hell out of an already tangled mess.
  • bebl09 - May 24, 2013 7:56 p.m.

Source? Not saying I don't believe you, I just haven't seen this. MS need to come out and clarify the situation because it's making it worse them telling us all these contradictory things and then leaving it a mess and not clearing anything up.
  • Figments - May 25, 2013 6:59 a.m.

You're the first one to ask me for a source! :D I'm actually surprised; usually people devolve into petty name-calling by now. Anywho, here you go: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/05/phil-harrison-xbox-one/
  • ParagonT - May 25, 2013 11:26 a.m.

[Harrison: I don’t think that’s what was said. Let me try and clarify what is happening. So, there is a lot of anxiety about “what if my Internet connection goes down” and you don’t have connectivity for a period of time. There are a host of features which will be usable without an Internet connection — watching movies, playing[ ----certain single player games----]… all of which will operate offline. We expect most of the more advanced experiences, like online multiplayer games, or games which have a lot of connected features… those games won’t operate if you don’t have an Internet connection. We designed the system to take advantage of a connection to the cloud, and all that that means. But no, it’s not required that you are connected all the time, every second of every day.] He's obviously playing with semantics and very cleverly not giving direct answers. The way he puts his words leave a lot to be desired in terms of a single answer. As I noted above with the concern of single player games, he mention "certain games", so that could range from many to almost none and be true. So everything else is what is known. [Harrison: Absolutely, just like you can today. You take the disc, install “the bits” on every machine you have in your house from the same disc, and anybody in your household can play that game. You have exactly the same restrictions that you have today, as in only one of you can play that game at a time because you only have one disc. But anybody in that house… [--well, the Xbox Live account--]… it goes for both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One, and any user inside that house.] Once again, he is using a play of words to make it sound better than it is. He back-stepped by correcting himself with the above highlight; "xbox live account". So that is not different than what has already been known. Since he systematically covered that it is indeed tied to your account, he had no reason to mention that again in his following answer. But without him mentioning it again, it seems to reinforce the opposite of what was said. So I don't believe this changes anything.
  • Figments - May 25, 2013 11:29 a.m.

My point wasn't that it changes anything. My point was that a lot of contradicting information has been said and has caused even more confusion when there shouldn't be any.
  • bebl09 - May 26, 2013 7:03 p.m.

Although this was him attempting to clear it up, he is pretty much confirming what he'd said before, except purposefully not explicitly doing so. I have to agree with ParagonT that it seems like he's just trying to do a bit of damage limitation but doesn't actually confirm the opposite. If anything it makes things more confusing as he hasn't come out and said "yes we're charging for used games and require a connection" or the opposite.
  • Aceremi - May 25, 2013 5:12 a.m.

Not to mention forking over a fee to play used XBOX ONE games and also that if you have that FORZE motor sport game and 3 other friends want to play in the same house as you those people have to pay a fee in order to play it
  • BipolarTroll - May 22, 2013 7:50 p.m.

PS4 is looking strong. Of course we'll have to wait for the "full" reveal of the PS4 system to truly judge the outcome, but as of right now, Xbox One is pouring gasoline on itself.
  • Princeofgaming12 - May 24, 2013 12:57 p.m.

I have to agree with you, Bipolar Troll but the xbox isnt as bad as you think because that system gets way more games than any other.
  • BipolarTroll - June 4, 2013 12:53 a.m.

Huh? hahaha I get it.
  • CitizenWolfie - May 22, 2013 4:08 p.m.

Honestly, I'm getting too old to be caught up in another silly console "war," and if I can save up enough, I'll buy both as I'd hate to miss out on a killer exclusive. That said, so far PS4 looks far more promising as it seems like for the most part, Sony have gotten the motion control fad our of their system. Microsoft on the other hand seem so pleased with their Kinect tech that they don't seem to realise that the overwhelming majority of core gamers don't have huge rooms to take advantage of the tech or are indeed not that bothered with it in the first place. That's why I'm pretty skeptical when MS say that they have 15 exclusive games lined up as I'd wager at least a third of those (if not more) will be gimmicky Kinect games. Sony on the other hand at least showed some teasers for new games and franchises along with interesting tech demos from third party devs which sparked my interest. But maybe MS are after a different market now? Either way, the real shocker came from my mate, a real Sony-hating Xbox die-hard fanboy said he was going to switch to PS4
  • blake-mizzell - May 22, 2013 2:52 p.m.

Okay. So looking at just what we know for sure so far about the Xbox One and ps4. The ps4 and Xbox have basically the same processor. (same line, the Xbox's may be clocked slightly lower but the difference will be negligible) The PS4 has a graphics chip capable of 1.84 TFLOPS. Microsoft said the the Xbox One has 8 times the power of the 360. Well, the Xbox 360 has 355 GFLOPS of processing power. In that case using simple multiplication, you are looking at 2.84 TFLOPS of processing power. Which includes both the CPU and GPU. Also, if the ratios of Xbox 360 CPU to GPU are used to figure out what each piece in the Xbox One is capable of, then we are looking at about 1.81 TFLOPS for the GPU and 1.02 TFLOPS for the CPU. Therefore, almost dead even with the PS4.