• cAtAsTrApHiE - June 18, 2013 10:34 p.m.

What a way to market the ps4 sales...I had stored pictures of my kids for years. Poof...all gone with a push of a button. One word....wow. thanks for nothing sony.
  • SpaceCow4 - June 18, 2013 11:10 p.m.

I had no idea anyone actually used their PS3 as primary storage for stuff like that.
  • RandyChimp - June 19, 2013 1:55 a.m.

He doesn't. He signed up today, he's a troll.
  • RandyChimp - June 19, 2013 1:54 a.m.

Poor attempt at trolling. Logical response is (if your claim were true) that you shouldn't keep pics of your kids on a console, and that maybe a portable HDD is in order. Not that trolls can have kids. Something to do with DNA, they go all "Children Of Men".
  • Child Of Death - June 18, 2013 10:22 p.m.

Strange I downloaded the update a couple hours ago and my system still works fine.
  • matthew-wyers - June 18, 2013 11:34 p.m.

Mine too works fine. I have been downloading tons of stuff after changing my 80gb to 160gb 7200rpm drive. I think its a WD-Blue from 2007. I first tried a update earlier on the 18th but didn't get anything. Later that day I went to amazon video downloaded and installed some extra stuff when it said it needed a update. I said ok and the Amazon video app froze to where it wouldn't exit on its own with a grey back ground. I held PS button and it allowed me to Quit then. It might have froze and I might have hard powered with PS power switch on back of console. I downloaded installed the update it restarted but the controller was beeping a bunch but unplugging the charge cable and turning console off and back on was still working.
  • alexfranco60 - June 18, 2013 10:13 p.m.

Looks like Sony deleted the patch. I just went online and it didn't ask me anything. 30 minutes ago it was asking for a patch, though. Maybe Sony took it down because of all the trouble.
  • alexfranco60 - June 18, 2013 10:29 p.m.

And apparently, it only affected the ps3's with HDD of 500GB +
  • cAtAsTrApHiE - June 18, 2013 10:42 p.m.

But I have two ps3s 1 a tb I custom-made and one with the standard. Both ended up with thed black screen.
  • GhostNappa2k10 - June 18, 2013 10:58 p.m.

I've also just gone online, and wasn't notified of a patch. Looks like they have deleted it.
  • joshua-stanard - June 18, 2013 10:11 p.m.

Looks like this is one last time us Xbox fans can gloat.
  • kratos1 - June 18, 2013 10:18 p.m.

then one question for ya y is xbox fans switching to to playstation when the new consoles come out answer that one idoit
  • Child Of Death - June 18, 2013 10:24 p.m.

"Then one question for you, why are Xbox fans switching to the Playstation when the new consoles come out? Answer that one idiot." Fixed
  • Scoob - June 18, 2013 11:05 p.m.

kratos1's version sounded okay when I said it in my head with a gansta accent.
  • Lemons - June 18, 2013 11:23 p.m.

Lmao, nice.
  • DaveTheBouncer - June 18, 2013 10:06 p.m.

oops.