• mothbanquet - August 15, 2011 4:29 p.m.

Finally, something worth protesting over.
  • space_cakes - August 13, 2011 4:02 p.m.

@robertpopovic: Oh yeah, you're right! I was trying to hype up HL from memory and totally missed that. pipe bombs ftw :D
  • robertpopovic - August 12, 2011 6:46 p.m.

@Space_Cakes: Actually Blood was earlier with the multiple (awesome!) fire modes. For me the biggets reason of wanting a continuation is because I want to know what happens next in the story and wether they'll ever dig in more into the G-man and who he works for. Then again, like a good horrormovie that last would be best kept undisclosed of course.
  • Crabhand - August 12, 2011 5:23 p.m.

Certainly more meaningful than a bunch of bitching on the internet. Valve will probably hire these guys as PR reps or something.
  • StonedMagician99 - August 12, 2011 3:42 p.m.

I would bet a whole ot of money that some Half Life game will be what Valve does after DotA 2.
  • ChrisCultista - August 12, 2011 3:34 p.m.

Everybody is missing the point. "The picture was snapped by Bungie Studios's Jason Sussman". A Bungie Studios employee was snapping photos of Gabe talking to protestors. I have the weirdest boner right now.
  • space_cakes - August 12, 2011 11:33 a.m.

@jackthemenace: Half-Life made the modern FPS. That's what sets it aside. Physics, a large seamless environment, multiple firing modes, and a dedicated mod community really made HL1 the precedent.
  • jackthemenace - August 12, 2011 10:37 a.m.

I'm gonna call it, HL3 is gonna be another DN:F. I don't completely get what all the fuss about HL IS anyway. Sure, it's fun to play, but I don't quite see what sets it aside from every other shooter :/
  • WinkedUp Lozza - August 12, 2011 10:29 a.m.

~So far, Valve has been unwilling meet any demands.~ GR Can't possibly figure out why...
  • UberNoob - August 12, 2011 9:20 a.m.

@Plan10FromOuterSpace I don' think it is possible to hug Gabe...
  • Plan10FromOuterSpace - August 12, 2011 8:10 a.m.

haha, not quite the London Peace protests but credit to these guys, mind you if I lived near valve's HQ i'd pop down and do the same, just on the off chance id get to meet someone from the company, id hug them and ask for a third portal game...
  • Jacko415 - August 12, 2011 4:13 a.m.

at this point... we can wait as long as VALVE needs... BUT JUST GIVE US A SCREENSHOT OR SOMETHING! GOD DAMN!!!!! ANY NEWS AT ALL!
  • Yeager1122 - August 12, 2011 4:06 a.m.

I would love Half Life 3 already honestly if it ever comes out it better be amazing.
  • cman12314 - August 12, 2011 3 a.m.

Honestly, I've forgotten about Half Life, and I'm pretty sure Valve has too. They're moving on to more fresh and better ideas, I mean can anyone seriously say, with a straight face, that Portal 2 wasn't as good as Half Life 2, because Portal 2 was effin' beautiful. I've made my point.
  • AntiGimp - August 12, 2011 2:59 a.m.

I can't say I am incredibly impressed with what they have been pumping out so far. Portal 2 was fun though... Half life 3 is overdue for them. No more team based nonsense. No more undead nightmares or portals. Just good and gory FPS fun.
  • soren7550 - August 12, 2011 2:49 a.m.

The best part of the story for me has to be how Gabe bought them lunch (how could you guys leave that part out?).
  • TheJHat - August 12, 2011 2:29 a.m.

Gabe already said that a new Source wouldn't be made, though. Anyway, at least they got to meet Gabe.
  • BigLandoz - August 12, 2011 2:29 a.m.

Haha, very cool for Gabe to come out and get a photo op with the protestors. And if you're gonna protest, protest right! http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/BigLandoz/?action=view&current=2009-09-06-madbeast.png
  • TheJHat - August 12, 2011 2:13 a.m.

• newgames128 - August 12, 2011 1:40 a.m.

I think they're waiting because... A. it will be a full fledged sequel, not an episode. and B. it will be running on Source^2