• ChipTheExecutioner - April 12, 2011 3:47 a.m.

Cyndaquil is my all time favorite, love that little guy of gen 1 though it would be charmander gen 3: mudkip (though I don't think treeko gets enough credit) gen 4: piplup (gen 4 are probably my least favorite) gen 5: Snivy all the way! really don't care for tepig and oshawott all that much, though i really do like tepig to be honest, i just hate his evolutions and that he became another damn fire/fighting starter.
  • deformedorange - April 12, 2011 3:19 a.m.

For sure mudkip. Not because i liek them, but because Swampert is water-ground and electric type will not effect it
  • rpadTVbsuKenyan5000 - April 12, 2011 2:53 a.m.

There's a reason Bulbasaur is #001 in the Pokedex—because he is the best by far!! Charizard is also extremely good however charmander isn't that great. But I will take any of my three (and counting) IV breed and EV trained venusaurs almost all the time. A shiny black Charizard does look awesome though!!
  • BoltActionRevolver - April 12, 2011 2:43 a.m.

News Flash. As of just 7:40 PST, on Apr 11th, the Liberty Pass is still up on the Nintendo WFC. Birthday was last thursday, and I used my B-Day money to get White... But It took some real effort to get my DS Lite online (It never was an easy system to get there if you had anything but an open network)
  • BackwaterRifle - April 12, 2011 2:15 a.m.

Torchic is my favorite because it based on a fire breathing chicken
  • TheHangman - April 12, 2011 2:02 a.m.

Squirtle or Totodile, because I like the water starters the best.
  • Romination - April 12, 2011 2:01 a.m.

Hmm... favorite starter... Bulbasaur gets points for being my first, of course, so I always attach a sense of loyalty to him that I don't really have with others, and the tree on his back is kind of awesome... Totodile is a great water type, but it stays as just water, even if it turns out looking like it can kill with a look. (Seriously, a Water Dark type would have been great for it). Mudkip is a great Pokemon, evolves into the strong Swampert, and has a great typing, too. Plus, it's just so adorable. Turtwig is nearly forgotten by people, but he's a great one, and I like his "world turtle" design. He just seems to be harboring a really badass nature, saying "I may be slow, but I have a tree on my back." And then Tepig, my only fire starter. His design isa bit bland but he turns out so strong and was such a help in so many parts of the game... So I'm actually going to go with Turtwig, because his Ground/Grass type was kind of weird but also rather powerful, with very few weaknesses. Plus, again, that tree on his back... there's something so cool about it to me when he evolves all the way.
  • megaklok - April 12, 2011 1:42 a.m.

I would have to say that my favorite starter is a tie between Squirtle and Piplup. I love both of them equally. My brother says he likes Turtwig though.
  • MonocledYaoGuai - April 12, 2011 1:30 a.m.

Jolteon? Gross, I thought listeners of Pokemon Monday had taste. Oh well, the obvious best starter is Totodile, the best Crocodile ever. Krookodile is just a poser.
  • santaclouse37 - April 12, 2011 1:28 a.m.

Charmander FTW.
  • Fuzunga - April 12, 2011 1:21 a.m.

Good. I got a Jolteon from that game.
  • bobob101 - April 12, 2011 1:20 a.m.

Treeco Treeco Treeco!
  • Mallow - April 12, 2011 1:17 a.m.

Everyone loves the original starters, but I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that treeko is my favorite starter. Not only was he the original smugleaf, he was the first pokemon ever to learn leafblade! I freaking love treeko!
  • WelcomeGhosts10 - April 12, 2011 1:16 a.m.

I have always had a soft spot for Squirtle, plus Blastoise just always looked like such a damn bad ass. I spent hours and hours as a kid with my Squirtle on Pokemon Blue, he was my first starter *Sigh* Memories *Sigh* Also, ever since I found out he was part of the Squirtle Squad gang he has been solidified as my favorite!
  • Robusken - April 12, 2011 1:07 a.m.

Well Jolteon is definitely my second favorite eevee. I'm probably in the minority on this one but my favorite starter is probably turtwig.
  • Pocotron - April 12, 2011 1:07 a.m.

What can I say? Totodile is my Brotodile. And I like Leafeon for the Eeveelutions. Don't know why, but it always has been.
  • jpbr139 - April 12, 2011 1:01 a.m.

It has to be Charmander, it will be the best until the designers create a starter half psychic. I always wanted the first fire/psychic to be a starter not a legendary... But... Really? No love for Piplup? I like Charmander the most but I think Piplup is the cutest starter ever.
  • D0CCON - April 12, 2011 1:01 a.m.

Jolteon has always been my favorite. As for the starter, I see Charmander winning and he gets my vote, but Squirtle isn't far behind. Totadile isn't far off either.
  • AirickG - April 12, 2011 12:58 a.m.

PS: Tynamo can't learn Volt Switch because Tynamo can only learn four moves. The first stage of Eelektross is super weak probably because Eelektoss is amazing...
  • conchking - April 12, 2011 12:58 a.m.

Piplup because I love his water/steel combo