• WTeen8 - February 26, 2012 6:28 a.m.

I was hoping for pokemon snap 3D but this is good too. My 3DS is ready. Whether this is a direct sequel or reimagining then ok....wait...didn't the last ones kind of end on a cliffhanger with N flying away? sounds like sequel fodder to me. Also to be coming out in a few months in june they must have been working on this one since the last one's came out. Also any word on nobunga's ambition? Maybe both games will come out around the same time?
  • J-Fid - February 26, 2012 8:09 a.m.

That's a good point. I wouldn't mind a continuation of the story.
  • soggysage - February 26, 2012 3:31 a.m.

While I'm happy to see Pokemon try something new, those new Kyurem forms are just fugly
  • joeycrump - February 26, 2012 2:59 a.m.

um just so you know Henry Gilbert, "version" is added to every main game in english for some reason. i'd go with the japanese name in this case. they're going to be sequels. by "version 2" in the US name they don't mean "second version of BW," they mean "the sequel to black and white versions." As in, Black and White Version: 2, not Black and Whit: Version 2.
  • GhostNappa2k10 - February 26, 2012 2:03 a.m.

Those two new legendary Pokemon just scream " STOP POKEMON! PLEASE, STOP IT ALREADY!" I so wish they had more creativity, than they do nowadays. I love Pokemon, but I feel it's time to end it.
  • KnowYourPokemon - February 26, 2012 5:16 a.m.

Yeah cause pokemon like ditto, ekans, arbok, muk, rattata, voltorb, electrode, and a load of others had SO much orginality put into them...
  • ExtraCheese - February 26, 2012 5:50 a.m.

Original means that it is either not based on anything pre-existing or that it came before something else and is a "new idea", by that definition those Pokemon are definitely original. I find that too many of the newest generation of Pokemon just seem uninspired or ridiculous.
  • Saturn500 - February 26, 2012 7:28 a.m.

Because an ice cream pokemon is COMPLETELY unoriginal.
  • J-Fid - February 26, 2012 8:13 a.m.

Vanilluxe FTW! I use that Pokemon in my Black Version, although I sort of regret it (his only useful move is Mirror Coat).
  • KnowYourPokemon - February 26, 2012 1:05 p.m.

Heard it here first folks, snakes did not exist until the 1st gen of pokemon, completely original idea there. Also, pink jelly didn't exist either. In other news, Charizard was also the first dragon. Ever.
  • BackwaterRifle - February 26, 2012 3:30 p.m.

Charizard was the only Pokemon to cry twice in the first movie, which means Charizard isn't competitively viable.
  • Shenlong4517 - February 26, 2012 12:04 a.m.

So if this is getting released stateside, what's the word on that Pokemon/Nobunaga's Ambition crossover that was announced a while back? I'm actually more interested in that. People were saying that it wasn't as likely due to being a normal DS game, but with this confirmed, that wouldn't be the issue anymore, right...?
  • Zixor - February 25, 2012 11:50 p.m.

If you were to write a differential equation whose set of possible solutions represented every possible main series Pokemon Game, I'd bet it'd be a second order D.E., where every possible game is a linear combination of any two independent games. One of the two is a game that represents everything good in the series; a clever, novel RPG with a deceptively deep combat system, warped up in an adorable package of charming little fighting monsters. The other represents everything bad; rehashing the same old b.s. over and over, and all the new content is stale and devoid of creativity. I can't say I know how these next games will turn out, but so far they've got THE WORST names [Black & White where great titles, Black 2 & White 2 make me want to smother a baby], and THE LAZIEST new legendary's of all time.
  • firelegendmush - February 26, 2012 12:13 a.m.

They aren't new legendaries, they're new forms of Kyurem. Also, if they are direct sequels or something like that to B/W, "Pokemon black 2" and "Pokemon White 2" are sensible titles.
  • joeycrump - February 26, 2012 3:12 a.m.

this may be a case of Engrish but junichi masuda, one of three directors of the series, actually called them "new legendary pokemon" in a tweet rather than "new forms." either way neither is really confirmed. the most we know for sure is that their names are Black and White Kyurem.
  • Bantha_Fodder - February 25, 2012 11:27 p.m.

If this is a straight-up sequel... as in, you transfer everything over from Black/White, and continue on as the same character, I will buy the hell out of this, day 1. But if this ISN'T a straight-up sequel... I'll buy the hell out of this, day 1.
  • ThatGamerDude - February 25, 2012 10:31 p.m.

Well, time to go trade in the 3DS... I feel like were going backwards in time. Either way those new kyurem forms still creep me out. Its like game freak wants to fuse pokemon now.
  • RushLight - February 25, 2012 10:44 p.m.

Why would you trade in your 3DS? The can play DS games perfectly fine...
  • ThatGamerDude - February 25, 2012 11:58 p.m.

Just planning ahead. If I trade in my 3DS, ill have extra cash to get the game. Besides the 3DS just doesn't feel as comfortable to me than the DS lite did.
  • joeycrump - February 26, 2012 3:14 a.m.

lmao this is terrible logic have fun with your outdated system (also trading in a 3ds is likely to barely get you enough to buy one of these games, wih no ds for it. have fun getting $40 for your $250/$170 system)
  • Ultimadrago - February 26, 2012 8:52 a.m.

Outdated? This announcement says otherwise. Only one reason you're getting so laughably defensive. You salty, man. Stay mad, crump. Stay mad.