Topics

Pokemon

• Burdmayn - October 24, 2010 9:38 p.m.

I have a question regarding your Pokemon's moveset. I don't know any Japanese and I just ordered the game from PlayAsia, (can't wait to get my hands on this!) but the only thing I can't find mention of anywhere are your attacks. Is it fairly easy to tell which move you're about to use? Or am I going to be blindfiring besides knowing what "type" the move is?
  • Reaverx - September 23, 2010 6:30 p.m.

Curse you subtle anti-piracy!
  • sepirothpk - September 23, 2010 3:27 a.m.

@ Yaro It seems like an option, whether you want Kanji or not. Probably easier for the most part to not have any kanji.
  • snorooster47 - September 23, 2010 2:07 a.m.

@ Reaverx, You're Pokemon aren't gaining any exp because you are playing from a rom, the developers designed it so pokemon would not gain any experience unless its an original game.
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - September 23, 2010 12:11 a.m.

@ GamesRadarCarolynGudmundson -thank you, and i love your podcast
  • GamesRadarCarolynGudmundson - September 22, 2010 11:07 p.m.

@ihopethisisnotantistasblood - i'm trying to update at least once or twice a day as i play through. thanks for waiting - i'll try to get through the main game as fast as possible.
  • RonaldRayGun - September 22, 2010 10:51 p.m.

Thanks
  • Reaverx - September 22, 2010 10:22 p.m.

I'm glad a site actually bothered to do this. Although for some reason my pokemon aren't gaining exp, so until I figure out how to fix this I guess I'm stuck :/
  • felix7227 - September 22, 2010 8:54 p.m.

@Spartan11794 Just read the books then if you get an exclamation mark above your head one of the 2 trainers will be face away from the bookcase, talk to them and answer Yes everytime, eventually youll fight both of them and theyll move the bookcase
  • ChipTheExecutioner - September 22, 2010 8:49 p.m.

Thanks Carolyn
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - September 22, 2010 8:05 p.m.

when will you publish the second part?
  • Fusionmix - September 22, 2010 6:02 p.m.

Team...Plasma? Ugh. I really wish they'd reinvent the Pokemon games one day.
  • GamesRadarCarolynGudmundson - September 22, 2010 4:51 p.m.

@ChipTheExecutioner - We ordered our copies from play-asia.com. It's pretty pricey because DS games cost a lot more in Japan. I think it ended up being about $65 each.
  • musclesdylan - September 22, 2010 4:46 p.m.

if you really want to play it in english download a ds emulator a black or white rom and an english patch thats what i did =) or you can download the rom and put it on an r4 card with the patch ..
  • ChipTheExecutioner - September 22, 2010 4:29 a.m.

How exactly would one go about importing this? (please excuse my ignorance) is it pricey to do?
  • enlargedhousecats - September 22, 2010 3:48 a.m.

@sabatos: and you don't mind brutally killing humans and other oganisms in other games?
  • RebornKusabi - September 22, 2010 1:58 a.m.

I can't wait for this seeing as I became completely indoctrinated to Pokemon Platinum(before that, my first and last Pokemon game was Red) although the s***ty breakup I was going through at the time probably didn't help lol ... and yet, while I can't wait for Pokemon Black/White, I would rather delve into it when it ships here in American instead of trying to decipher the game's text, Indiana Jones- style >_>
  • Yaro - September 22, 2010 12:47 a.m.

Wait, so is the entirety of the game in hiragana/katakana? No Kanji? I just might import this in japanese to practice reading =)
  • SoySauceHater - September 22, 2010 12:41 a.m.

Did you mean to call it TM01? or is it still HM? just making sure, cuz they screwed around with stuff, sorry if its just a typo :P
  • aibogreens - September 21, 2010 11:56 p.m.

Meh. I don't feel like importing it. It just means I have to buy a game twice. One time to only enjoy half of it, and another time just to play it so I can slightly comprehend it more. I might try it, though. My friend may have it imported.