We Recommend

• JarkayColt - October 30, 2012 3:28 p.m.

I'm not gonna make a call whether this is a bad thing or a good thing, I just think it's interesting, considering I never really expected there to be any more numbered films. It'll be fun to watch how this pans out, I guess. I'd like to think Star Wars is in good hands with Disney though. However this article seems to be missing a certain piece of info. How much did this cost!? Is it a as-of-yet undisclosed amount? I can't imagine it was cheap!
  • DarthPunk - October 30, 2012 3:31 p.m.

4 Billion allegedly
  • JarkayColt - October 30, 2012 4:02 p.m.

Whoa, they're offering around 4 billion? Y'know, considering this is the entirety of LucasFilm...that doesn't sound like a bad deal at all, at least in the long run. I have no idea what they were valued at, but it almost feels like lower bound territory.
  • LordZarlon - October 30, 2012 3:04 p.m.

The main thing that concerns me is that George's biggest contribution to the series over the last 15 years or so is maintaining the continuity in the expanded universe. He approved all books, comic books, games and TV shows that were associated with Star Wars. I see a big company like Disney not giving a damn about that stuff. I also am very dismayed at their comment about games. Many Lucasarts games are some of my favorites. Social and mobile games. These will be quick cash-ins and nothing more. No Battlefront 3, Empire at War, or even the Lego Star Wars games. I see 1313 getting cancelled.
  • DarthPunk - October 30, 2012 3:01 p.m.

Honestly getting the Star Wars filpms away from George Lucas might be one of the best that's happened to them in some time Of course now I've said Disney will probably end up giving them to someone like Michael Bay and end up making even worse films than The Phantom Menance
  • oryanbelt - October 30, 2012 2:58 p.m.

All I have to say is: Lightsaber Keyblade; but that will never happen >_>
  • DictatorStan - October 30, 2012 2:52 p.m.

Disney isn't going to want their name associated with an M-rated IP like 1313 are they? Well shit.
  • Cyberninja - October 30, 2012 3:06 p.m.

Actually Marvel has been able to continue all there comics no problem so this should be the same hopefully.
  • CountRichtertoffen - October 30, 2012 2:33 p.m.

I hope they actually go for more prequels, episodes 0,-1, and -2. Those would probably be even better.
  • Asmodean - October 30, 2012 2:37 p.m.

I hope you get butt cancer.
  • Asmodean - October 30, 2012 2:38 p.m.

Unless you meant KOTOR then yes that would be great!
  • winner2 - October 30, 2012 7:13 p.m.

Lol'd
  • Asmodean - October 30, 2012 2:28 p.m.

HOLY ****!!!! Honesty I never would have guessed in a million years anything like this would happen... Stunned.
  • Tronto13 - October 30, 2012 2:15 p.m.

on the downside they wont leave star wars alone :( But on the upside this could mean some amazing Marvel films in the future thanks to industrial light and magic and skywalker sound... Also PLEASE DISNEY MAKE BATTLEFRONT 3!!!
  • Moondoggie1157 - October 30, 2012 2:15 p.m.

I find Lucas' lack of respect for his fans disturbing...
  • yonderTheGreat - October 30, 2012 3:25 p.m.

Disney is our Only Hope! :)
  • StrayGator - October 30, 2012 2:11 p.m.

Two words: Darth Deadpool.
  • sk8r7 - October 30, 2012 2:08 p.m.

Battlefront 3, Disney?
  • Tranquilbez34 - October 30, 2012 2:08 p.m.

I thought Warner Brothers owned Lucas films? I don't know whether if this is a good thing or bad thing...
  • Corsair89 - October 30, 2012 2 p.m.

Because Star Wars just hasn't been milked quite enough yet.
  • Cyberninja - October 30, 2012 1:59 p.m.

This is just rich, I can't wait to see what long time fans hate more the sequel trilogy or the prequel trilogy and then the prequel trilogy fans hating on the new stuff using the same stupid arguments that were used against them or maybe when this happens we will be more rational then those who came before us. No matter what this is hilarious.
  • veryweirdguy - October 30, 2012 1:58 p.m.

My best case scenario here is that someone at Disney loves Grim Fandango and will push a re-release to Steam or PSN/Xbox Live. PLEASE.