• bigwill1221 - July 6, 2011 3:24 a.m.

There;s no way to take it back to its roots with a new company...
  • Kethmach - July 6, 2011 3:17 a.m.

I am a bit concerned about trying to go backward to go forward. Halo has upped it's game every release. If you don't see that- you don't play Halo. Period. If you only read fanboy biased reviews FOR or AGAINST Halo- you don't need to comment because you have no idea what YOU should be talking about. Halo is the peak of perfected game balance. To start messing around with that is extremely dangerous to the fanbase. Especially for new comers to do it. I have no doubt about the Anniversary. If they do what they've claimed and promised and it's exactly like it was with a fresh coat of paint-- perfect. It's Halo 4 that I find myself being nervous about. And honestly, as perfect as an introduction to a new series as the end of Halo 3 is - they could drop the "Halo" and make it something new with Master Chief somehow. I mean... the Halo units are gone- right?? The Arch was destroyed... is MC really going to go BACK to a Halo device??? Ever??
  • Plan10FromOuterSpace - July 6, 2011 3:13 a.m.

Considering the series has never drastically changed im struggling to see how they plan to return it to its roots unless they mean taking out the new features the series piked up along the way such as forge or firefight, which seems unlikely.
  • Redeater - July 6, 2011 3:06 a.m.

@D0CCON I've listened to a couple Halo audiobooks at work. I didn't care too much for them but I do think they go a long way to giving Halo a story at least. It's funny, for years I assumed Halo had some great story. Turns out the actual plot/story of the Halo games are utter shit filled with plot holes and nonsensical "GET TO THE RESONATOR!!" moments.
  • IceBlueKirby - July 6, 2011 3:03 a.m.

I can't help but find it funny when he says "people who grew up with Halo." It's hard to imagine someone growing up playing the Halo games...but that's because I didn't, I guess. I lost interest in the Halo series when I played Halo 3, because I really didn't like it. But I recently played ODST and I'm enjoying it so far, so my I'm getting a bit of a spark for the series again. Maybe I'll end up playing 4, especially if, like they say, it goes back to what made the first one good, since I like the first one the most and will likely get the remake.
  • austincharlesbond - July 6, 2011 3:01 a.m.

when I read the heading I was thinking Marathon
  • Redeater - July 6, 2011 2:53 a.m.

LOL @trilogy So how many Halo games are going to be made during the trilogy's run? I can't wait for Halo:Revelations!
  • D0CCON - July 6, 2011 2:44 a.m.

I actually decided to start reading the Halo novels. I'm reading Contact Harvest and own Fall of Reach. The books aren't excuses for the game's incoherent stories, but I'm much more interested in the Haloverse than I ever was before. I really am excited for Halo 4.
  • BackwaterRifle - July 6, 2011 2:36 a.m.

Honestly I think 343 will do a helluva good job and we will have an amazing game when this is said and done.
  • powerpc127 - July 6, 2011 1:58 a.m.

It's taking the franchise back to its roots? Isn't this series infamous for not evolving? That just sounds weird to me.
  • Syncmaster - July 6, 2011 1:21 a.m.

the only halo I never played was 2, and I dont see whats wrong with the franschise as it is. sure, all the spinoffs lack some epicness to it but are all awesome games. Reach showed halo can keep things fresh. anyways, halo 4 its right on time, masterchief needs to show up by now
  • FOZ - July 6, 2011 1:13 a.m.

As long as they don't just re-use all of the animations and models from Bungie, it could be interesting. I still don't see why it needs to have Master Chief.
  • TheRandomFool - July 6, 2011 1:07 a.m.

Woah... well, looks like Bungie told the truth when they said they weren't going to do another Halo. Just hope that it is just as good as the first was!
  • InvasivePlague - July 6, 2011 12:58 a.m.

I'm curious if halo anniversary will work similarly to halo odst
  • GringoStar - July 6, 2011 12:58 a.m.

Halo should have ended with 3. Please stop milking a franchise to the point where it's going to be as bad as an Uwe Boll movie. Microsoft, come up with a new IP and just give the fans something fresh and innovative. (Next on Microsoft's plate is to give a Halo Kinect game called Halo Party.)