• aLeDeris - June 14, 2011 8:35 p.m.

Dante's first one is Trish's original, and Trish's first is Dant'es original. Dante with blond hair and black leather, and trish with white hair and red leather.
  • Tyshi - March 31, 2011 4:14 a.m.

Third Wesker Costume is resembelent of his lab coat. Chris's second costume is Classic cody from final fight and his third is his zebra outfit from RE5. C.Viper's costumes from left to right are color swaps representing El Fuerte, Rufus, and Abel the new comers for SFIV. Dante's colors reference Gene from GodHand, Ryu from Breath of Fire and Dante's diesle alt from DMC 2. Spencers outfitts resemble different bionic commando characters, red = Groeder, oragne = p2 color from re-armed, and white = Thomas Clark. Trishes outfits, red = dante, blue = adrian andrew from phoenix wright. Viewtiful Joe's white suit is also Jet Black. Ryu, Chun-Li, and Felicia's colors are all alt's they have had in other games.
  • KingIcy - February 23, 2011 11:13 p.m.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Rl%27nnd_%28Earth-616%29 And here's proof in case you don't believe me for some reason.
  • KingIcy - February 23, 2011 11:08 p.m.

The orange and black Super Skrull is NOT what you stated. That alternate costume is a homage to Rl'nnd, the super skrull of the X-men. He has the powers of colossus, wolverine, nightcrawler, and cyclops. Hence the cyclops themed suit. So please, UPDATE it Thanks.
  • MkLangley - February 13, 2011 6:23 p.m.

Now thats being lazy.
  • smokemesalmon - February 13, 2011 5:07 a.m.

Hmm, isn't a costume swap supposed to be a complete change of costume and not colour. Soul Calibur 2 did a much better job of it when they made completely different secondary costumes for each character, some of them were epic, these are all just colour changes. I guess that this is a game where it's a collection of fighters from many different games and not just ones from the same games....still a bit more variety would be nice.
  • gumbyx84 - February 12, 2011 5:40 p.m.

Nice to see what Capcom has in store for us. I'm not sure if I'll be buying this day one, but Im pretty sure I'll end up playing it at PAX East. Yet another reason for me to buy a "real" fightstick.MorriganMorrigan A heads up on Morrigan and Lilith: They are not sisters. Lilith is the physical embodiment of Morrigan's lost power. I think it was taken away from her at birth because she was so powerful. In the normal cannon, they merge and become the "complete" Morrigan. In Darkstalkers 3, if you beat the game as Lilith, she becomes the dominate personality when they merge (if I remember correctly.
  • shawksta - February 12, 2011 4:23 p.m.

Great! Look guys, no harm, but I feel this is one-sided, you guys seem to know all of Marvel but capcom feels thrown away, I understand that Marvel is on comic costumes and all but Capcom has either from past games or references, it wouldnt kill you to try as hard. Oh and Brett, I understand your hatred for Spencer, he deserves it but i think one of his costumes is refercing another Swinger but I forgot who and which. There were some special ones that are hard to notice. For example, you couldnt notice because she's sitting but Im pretty sure Tron's roll costume gave her shorts and you can see her legs like Roll from Legends. Also Trish's first is a color scheme of Dante, while the second one is hard to tell but its either Silvia from Viewtiful joe or Adrian Andrews from Phoenix wright:Justice for all. Also, I think Wesker's white costume is a rerference to 'Lab Wesker'(a person not wesker himself) one more thing, Chris's second looks like a Cody color scheme from Final Fight, it makes sense considering Chris's Steroid body matches him. There's more but I dont wanna make this any huger, just please look onto the
  • zacattack69 - February 12, 2011 8:30 a.m.

hsien-ko's 2nd costume (blue and yellow) kind of looks like sly cooper......(from sly raccoon)...i mean it sounds stupid but i still think it does :D
  • Afrodisiac39 - February 12, 2011 4:34 a.m.

Storm's all red costume is also from X-Treme X-Men when she fought in an arena in Tokyo. So excited for this game, I've been counting down the days for quite some time. Can't wait to get my hands on all these guys.
  • kyecross - February 12, 2011 2:08 a.m.

C'mon man, VERGIL is Dante's brother, not Nero, Nero is simply a decendent of Sparta.
  • drunkenfish - February 11, 2011 10:33 p.m.

not sure if there's a comment already up Hank, but there's a typo in the intro paragraph. "they're costumes" changed to "their costumes" would do it. Just putting this up for when this article gets googled.
  • Alomeigne - February 11, 2011 9:30 p.m.

Old Haggar looks like a super buff Old Snake :o. Vergil Wesker will go good with my dante.
  • Guardian88 - February 11, 2011 9:05 p.m.

Why are these just alternet colors? Why not alternet costumes all togather? It would cool to Dante to have his look from DMC 3, or a costume to look like Nero. Or maybe have the WW2 Cap. Or how bout Trish in her Gloria discuise, a costume to look like Luciel from DMC 2, or a costume to look like Lady. And this isnt the only game to go half ass on the extra costumes. All theyve have done is render each characters origional costume another color.
  • Personamanxx - February 11, 2011 8:50 p.m.

@BigLandoz Ultimate Hulk Versus Wolverine Has since been completed. But there was like a delay of three years inbetween issues 4 and 4 I believe.
  • Junpeihermes - February 11, 2011 8:42 p.m.

Dante and Trish receive a palette inversion in them first alt(Dante with trish colors and Trish with dante colors),another one is the blue haired dante that is a reference from the ryu of the breath of fire
  • waffman11 - February 11, 2011 8:20 p.m.

The Zero alts are nicely done, but the hair colors make me cringe. There just isn't a point at which I can accept a Zero that isn't blond. The Bass alt look pretty damn awesome, though.
  • BARRAGE74 - February 11, 2011 8:06 p.m.

Unimpressed. All of the costumes are the same with just different colors.
  • razorwiretensho - February 11, 2011 8:02 p.m.

Not sure, but I think Thor's first alt costume might be a throw back to the Amalgam comics, Thorion of the New Asgods... Same color's, but the chest and helmet are a little off.
  • Deutero - February 11, 2011 7:39 p.m.

Awesome stuff Henry. Lovin these MvC3 articles