In The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, poor old Link has suffered a bout of amnesia, probably from sleeping on the job for the last century.
Once you reach Kakariko Village and talk to Impa, the Captured Memories quest will begin and as you become more familiar with the landscapes of Hyrule, you'll start to recognise locations from the photos on your Shiekah Slate.
Visiting them will give Link a flashback so that he can start piecing his memory back together. While most of them are easy enough to get to, some of them can get a bit hairy. Sneaking around is the best way to get in and out of most places without causing a kerfuffle.
There are 12 memories in total, plus a bonus memory once you've reported back to Impa.
Recalling them is also accompanied by a lovely cutscene, so enjoy!
Table of Contents:
- Memory #1 - Sacred Ground Ruins
- Memory #2 - Lake Kolomo
- Memory #3 - Ancient Columns
- Memory #4 - Kara Kara Bazaar
- Memory #5 - Eldin Canyon
- Memory #6 - Irch Plain
- Memory #7 - West Necluda
- Memory #8 - Hyrule Castle
- Memory #9 - Spring of Power
- Memory #10 - Sanidin Park Ruins
- Memory #11 - Lanayru Road - East Gate
- Memory #12 - Hyrule Field
- Memory #13 - Kakariko Village / Ash Swamp
More Breath of the Wild guides:
- 14 things I wish I knew before starting The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild best cooking recipes guide
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Korok Seed and Hetsu locations guide
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Shrine locations and solutions guide
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild unbreakable weapons and shield locations
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Old Man locations, warm doublet recipe, paraglider shrine