• martin-lloyd - February 20, 2012 3:15 a.m.

first off i have put a small spoiler in my comment if you dont want to know dont read this. i have to say i absolutely loved RER ive been playing RE since the first and have loved everysingle one (exept the code veronica x back on the dreamcast but thats my opinion) as far as the sexy leg thing goes as soon as i saw it i put jessica as the rouge(sp?) in the mission i just knew she would be the enemy spy, i did like the idea of the i have to say slightly sexualisation of the characters it gives them personalities damn it and as far as im concerened thats a good thiing ada was always the "bitch in the red dress" but she had to be cpoz she turned leons head in re2 coz of her red outfit ashley i think was a step too far but i put that down to her being the presidents daughter trying to be the "bad Girl" to get attention chris`s muscles that was a major jump but hey hes been out of the series for like 8 years hes bound to have beefed up he founded the bsaa for christ sakes hes been fighting monsters most of our lives what more can i say but bring on RE6 ps doesnt the new "6" symbol look like a giraffe getting a blowjob or what
  • talleyXIV - February 7, 2012 12:43 p.m.

Justin is the best writer on this site. Get rid of Hollander Pooper, see what I did there?
  • CitizenWolfie - February 1, 2012 12:53 a.m.

Whatever happened to the good old days where the Resi ladies wore sensible Zombie-survival attire like a red biker jacket/jeans or blue combats with sexy, sexy shoulder pads and beret combo?
  • quincytheodore - February 1, 2012 11:26 p.m.

It kinda died when Ada wore a skimpy dress to an infested village. Of course, Jill in RE3 wasn't that combat appropriate either, but she's trapped, so it's okay. But Ada purposely wore that, to flirt with Leon, and with matching high heels no less. Yet upon closer inspection they turned out to be the proper attire for her grappling gun, I daresay Gucci sold them as bundle.
  • marioman50 - January 31, 2012 10:37 p.m.

"leg is too loud" caption made me LOL
  • onetimebuster - January 31, 2012 1:33 p.m.

Capcom seems to like wwe's zack ryder's old outfit.
  • FauxFurry - January 31, 2012 12:23 p.m.

It's just a video game stylization flourish. Her exposed leg makes as much/little sense as Haggar's bare chest or that one muscle man who thoughtfully makes it easier for Strider Hiryu's cypher to cut him to ribbons by not wearing a shred of protective gear (or anything else) on his upper body. For that matter, Chris Redfield's pointlessly exposed arms are no different. The main characters of Contra and God of War are just as impractically attired,so it isn't just a Capcom design choice, either, nor gender exclusive(though outside of the Furies in God of War, there are severe limits on equality of impracticality right now).
  • Hiruandan - January 31, 2012 12:19 p.m.

SPOILER: The leg is her husband D:
  • Redeater - January 31, 2012 1:44 p.m.

Sweet Jesus that made me laugh!!
  • Spybreak8 - January 31, 2012 5 p.m.

Ahaha, good one sir.
  • TheVoid - January 31, 2012 11:54 a.m.

Demeaning to women! Oversexualization! Stupid stereotypes! Distracting! Christ, was everyone with this mindset born in a confessional booth or what? Personally, I've never seen the harm in any of it. It's a freaking videogame, and as a gamer who hails from the days of the Atari 2600, if a game wants to do what it does while showing off a little leg (or a lot of tit) in this age of near photo-realistic graphics, fine with me. Sex sells for a reason, always has, always will. People cried foul over Lara Croft's rack, which never once distracted or took away from the incredible gameplay in my opinion (for the worthwhile titles, at least). For me it was simply "great game...with tits to boot!" And why not? When fantasizing, does a rotund, dissheveled person come to mind? Hell no! And I hate to break it to y'all but lots and lots of people lean towards the curvy, so going full-on in that regard isn't going to piss off the majority, especially when the only limitation imposed on videogame character development is one's imagination. And in this case it's a stretch of leg (literally) that successfully manages to stand out in this age of EVERYTHING being leggy or top-heavy, so kudos to Capcom there. Can't wait for the cosplay! Going back to Tomb Raider for a minute here, admittedly I'm a bit bummed with the public outcry resulting in the upcoming title's more "realistic" portrayal of Lara. But again, I don't see the gameplay being impacted one way or another, and it won't stop me from buying it (provided it is as good as we are hoping) despite the fact that I'd be just fine if every female in every videogame looked like Soul Calibur's Ivy. I'd say "but that's just me" but something tells me I'm not alone there. AFter all, if I want to see normally proportioned people, all I need to do is step outside. But since videogaming is mostly an outlet to pull oneself out of the drudgery of the day-to-day, I say "go big or go home" (so long as the gameplay remains solidly intact). Case in point: Rumble Roses. Easily one of the best wrestling games out there with a fantastic easy-to-learn-yet-difficult-to-master fighting mechanic, but a lot of people seem too embarrased to play it because (gasp!) the character roster is composed entirely of scantily clad females! Personally I'll take that over a wrestling game filled with nothing but sweaty dudes, but again... And yet even with these "preferences" I don't objectify women in real life. Maybe because I can draw a very clear and unwavering line between fantasy (whether via videogames, movies, or my own noggin) and reality. If that line begins to blur for some people I think the problem goes WAY deeper than the often busty portrayal of women in videogames. Grain of salt people! GRAIN OF SALT! And as far as the presumption that 13 year old teens love to masturbate to things like this, something tells me they are getting their fap material elsewhere...
  • Imgema - January 31, 2012 12:40 p.m.

Let me remind you that this is supposed to be a serious horror game. You say it does not impact gameplay and you are right. It does impact atmosphere though and for a horror game this is important. Trying to be as sexy as hell in a hostile environment where zombies try to eat you alive is silly, distracting, off topic and a deal breaker.
  • TheVoid - January 31, 2012 2:07 p.m.

Resident Evil? Serious? Seriously? Listen, I love the series. I really do. But I never felt it took itself that seriously throughout. Sure, we've had oodles of tense moments and downright chair-lifting scares (when it works best) but all of that has been tempered with more than a few shades of the ridiculous, whether it be the earlier installment's laughable dialogue or RE4's everywhere-at-once-and-always-ahead-of-you merchanct (let alone the goofy but fun in-game shooting galleries). And RE4 is often cited as the series' best (rightfully so)! My point simply being that if immersion/atmosphere is your thing (which I can appreciate), you can't tell me those aspects aren't any better than a fully unclothed leg. And can you honestly say that RER's Jessica is any worse than mini-skirt toting Jill Valentine? Or "allow me to infiltrate Saddler's base in a red dress and heels" Ada Wong? Even RE4's Ashley appeared to be quite "developed" for her age. As for RE5's Sheva - well, maybe you got me there, but she's still damn beautiful. And then Jill shows up all blonde with a skintight combat suit. Boing! Maybe RER's unsure-of-her-name but VERY heavy chested female character (the one presumably killed based on the trailer) *ahem* stands out a bit more than the rest, but she seems to be more of a natural progression for the series rather than someone wildly "off topic" as you say. In fact, seeing her probably increased my likelihood of picking up the game (which was pretty much a given anyway). To me, Resident Evil routinely roots itself in all things over-the-top, whether it be the grotesque but wildly imaginative baddies, the global conspiracy plots, the unnaturally beautiful ladies, or Chris' newfound MUSCLES. And never once has any of it bothered me because they are consistently so much damn FUN. Even Silent Hill, which I would argue to be a series that takes itself more seriously than RE (especially in terms of atmosphere), manages to throw in cleavage-heavy nurse-creatures and cops. Cops! How am I supposed to take a cop that is literally pouring out of her blouse seriously? But I take it for what it is worth, that much more eager to engage in a world where such cops really exist... Although I too am a HUGE fan of immersion, especially when it comes to horror-centric games. I'm very much a lights-off-headphones-on gamer in that regard. I just don't consider RE the place to be for that sort of thing. Console-wise, I point to the Fatal Frame series for that, as well as Dead Space. Consistently terrifying, with little-to-no distracting nonsense. PC? Check out Amnesia (with a clean pair of underwear within reach). And if you can forgive it's dated graphics, System Shock 2. If immersive horror games are your thing you won't be disappointed by any of those.
  • Imgema - January 31, 2012 6:55 p.m.

I stopped caring about RE series after 4. Mostly because of the action oriented gameplay the later games have and its characters. Jessica is one fine example of why i don't like the series anymore. She reminds me of all those silly characters in JRPGs. And i also didn't like RE 3 that much because i could not relate myself with the protagonist. Code Veronica was a bit better. Anyway, My favorite RE is the GC remake, check it out if you haven't already. I agree about Dead Space (amazing atmosphere) and Amnesia and i would also add Pemumbra. Anyway
  • TheVoid - January 31, 2012 8:57 p.m.

Well I guess I can see your point if you tore off after RE4 - although was RE4 when it "jumped the shark" for you? Personally I thought it was awesome, but mostly because those "steers like a tank" controls for 1-3 were getting really old really fast. Plus I can't say I minded the more action-centric nature. I even liked RE5, but I'm glad to hear RER seems to line up more closely with the earlier titles in terms of pacing and atmosphere. So we disagree on where T&A lands in the scheme of things, fair enough. Although I'm definitely with you on the GC version of RE1, which was really, really good. Everything that needed improvement got it in spades and the new content/changes were impressive. It's been a while but I remember that girl/mutant/thing was fucking creepy as hell. And to your point I recall Jill being cool looking but not overly sexy. Hell, just talking about it makes me want to dig it up and give it another spin. What were your thoughts on RE0 then? Decent enough I felt, and probably a bit more your "flavor" (in case you never tried it, but I'm doubting that already). A nice bookend to the "classic" era of the series before RE4 stormed the gates and things got nuts. I almost mentioned Penumbra as well, the reason I didn't being that I truly felt Amnesia left it in the dust (although I suppose it would be worth recommending to someone who loved Amnesia in a "You liked LOTR? You should read The Hobbit" sort of way). That and the Fatal Frames are the only games I've ever had to step away from sooner than expected because my shit was seriously freaked out. Although Dead Space (1 and 2) often came close...
  • Manguy17 - February 1, 2012 7:52 a.m.

This this and this a bit more, I agree
  • Ravenbom - January 31, 2012 11:05 a.m.

My first thought about her is that Marcus Fenix wants his do-rag back.
  • Kuro - January 31, 2012 10:10 a.m.

Well, wonderful leg, you have my vote for President. Or.. what?
  • sirdilznik - January 31, 2012 9:05 a.m.

I, for one, welcome our new Sexy Leg Overlords.
  • codystovall - January 31, 2012 9:05 a.m.

doesnt seem like a wetsuit would be functional that way.