• D0CCON - March 19, 2011 2:42 a.m.

Hate Thompson, but I do agree that mod is really, really tasteless. I don't agree that Thompson should be ranting at Newell though, apparently he doesn't know how mods work.
  • DrMG - March 19, 2011 2:30 a.m.

Am I the only one who noticed this? It seems that the modder (or who ever is playing the mod) only killed black people in the mod. Not only are they a talentless modder, but they're racist (or just wanted to be "funny"). Either way they have terrible taste. You can't blame a company for this. You can only blame the person who created it. This seems to a creation of a broken person anyway. Somebody from a broken home or a life of crime.
  • ScrEAMaPiLLar - March 19, 2011 2:20 a.m.

@GAYMER as in the Testers GAYMER? Also what was that comment about, that made the mods delete it I wonder. As to actually comment on the article. That mod looks boring. I could do the same thing by just spawning NPCS in one of the stock Garrys Mod maps.
  • NickVader - March 19, 2011 1:14 a.m.

You know, I hate to throw this word around, but that letter makes Jack Thompson sound like a terrorist.
  • ChangingtheSpectrum - March 19, 2011 12:59 a.m.

Ahh...If I were to take part in a school shooting (DISCLAIMER: I would NEVER do so), I would also plan on everyone walking around nonchalantly as I shot them. You're right, Jack; this IS totally realistic!
  • Innounci - March 19, 2011 12:41 a.m.

hey Thompson, sue them yourself, you lazy sack-o-crap. Valve doesn't really HAVE to do anything about it if they don't want to, and I'm sure they'll let it slide just to piss off ol' Jacky boy...
  • DabWolf - March 19, 2011 12:30 a.m.

So...Jack Thompson is sending a letter to the Game Company who developed Half-Life, which was then turn into a user-friendly mod creation tool Gary's Mod; THEN a mod from that mod was created to accuratly simulate a School Shooting by shooting people that are obviously not children and are obviously not reacting in a realistic way. ...I wouldn't be suprised if Jack Thompson made that Mod just to get himself back in the limelight.
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - March 19, 2011 12:29 a.m.

While I support the idea of allowing anyone making any form of art or symbolic speech, I also feel that I must remind us that just because you CAN make/do something doesn't mean you SHOULD. Is there any insight to be gained from playing this game? Probably not. Did it even look fun? Hell no. Plus, that video clip was super lame. Jack Thompson is only angry at the name (school shooting tour or whatever). I wouldn't have recognized it as a school setting, and the shootable character models didn't even behave like fearful victims (no running or screaming at the sight of violence). All they did was just "bleed" when they were shot. Not only does it show the stupidity of Thompson, but it also shows a lack of creativity in the modders. If you're going to make something controversial, you might as well do it right or make it remotely interesting as a form of art (like SCMRPG!).
  • Camoxide - March 19, 2011 12:17 a.m.

Nope.avi
  • vortigauntSKUL - March 19, 2011 12:16 a.m.

Ok who the hell does he think he is posing demands like that? It's a MOD (a pretty amateurish one too) which is freedom of expression. Its like going after a guy promoting violence on his online blog - nobody is affected, nobody cares.
  • Fiirestorm21 - March 19, 2011 12:13 a.m.

*sigh* It was only a matter of time, I suppose. Aside from his usually severe lack of logic in his arguments, is it just me or was his grammar also pretty damn bad at points? "...to shut down this public safety hazard I predicted years ago this school massacre game would arrive." I mean, considering he was a lawyer and all...
  • Aletheon - March 19, 2011 12:01 a.m.

Jack Thompson, the subhuman turd troll.
  • Voodoowolfe - March 19, 2011 midnight

Ok the game dev is dumb for the name, but really Jack? Oh my gosh look out or I'll come get you! How ridiculous? Gabe just check under your bed at night before you switch off the lights and make sure no Jack Thompson is hiding there. I fully agree with Doctalen. Please for the love of all gaming fans everywhere, go f**k yourself.
  • Killershadow117 - March 18, 2011 11:48 p.m.

Ha, school shooter, more like prison shooter. They are all wearing identical jumpsuits and looks more like a prison setting. Stupid Thomson, just go away. You have accomplished nothing in your lifetime, just a big long trail of failed court cases. When are you going to learn that if you try to pass a law to ban certain video games then it is just going to be found unconstitutional since it protected by our first amendment right.
  • keltar93 - March 18, 2011 11:41 p.m.

As per ususal, Shit Jack proves he doesn't know Jack Shit about what he's bitching about. Are we sure he's not an entertainer?
  • Epyon_761 - March 18, 2011 11:36 p.m.

Now come on guys we shouldn't be angry at Jack we should be pitying him, this letter shows a broken man who clearly lost the battle but doesn't want to accept it. Jack now resembles (to me at least) is Al Gore from South Park, he doesn't have any friends and no one wants to believe in Man-Bear-Pig. Let's not forget he is being Super-Cereal!
  • mockraven - March 18, 2011 11:21 p.m.

That's like threatening a paper manufacturer and magazine companies for people using their products to write the stereo-typical ransom notes. There's that whole freedom of speech/expression thing going on, even if it's sometimes abused terribly. Oh, and is the guy who recorded this video racist or what?
  • Cleanser247 - March 18, 2011 11 p.m.

I'm interested to see how this plays out!
  • Eliath - March 18, 2011 10:51 p.m.

I couldn't care less about this mod or Jack Thompson. What upsets me is the player playing the mod. Take notice of which NPCs are getting shot.
  • Sensationo - March 18, 2011 10:48 p.m.

"that the more moral midgets who run Checkerboarded Studios have created a mod for your company's Half-Life which they call School Shooter: North American Tour 2012." Those damned moral midgets, I can't believe them. In other news Jack is crazy, and I am curious how he found the game? Does he go looking for murder simulators? Does he then go play them? Maybe he wants them to stop because he is addicted to them, and can't quit playing.