• universaltofu - February 19, 2014 9:42 p.m.

racist ass klax
  • shawksta - February 23, 2013 10:29 p.m.

"Videophile (a person fond of video; especially one interested in video equipment or in producing videos)" Huh, how ironic considering the only way for Joe to get his powers is if he is in Movieland or is constantly being filmed.
  • zelta38 - February 23, 2013 11:36 a.m.

How do you people keep coming up with such crazy good article ideas (and articles)!
  • brickman409 - February 22, 2013 8:38 p.m.

I thought tetris mean four in russian, because all the pieces are made of four blocks.
  • CH3BURASHKA - February 23, 2013 12:11 a.m.

...what? That's kind of ridiculous. FYI, it's "che-tih-reh". Not "tetris".
  • brickman409 - February 23, 2013 1:15 p.m.

I remember hearing somewhere that the name Tetris had something to with four. Well I guess it's definitely not Russian for four, but it had to have something to do with four. Well, that or whoever told me that was wrong/lying lol
  • brickman409 - February 23, 2013 10:37 p.m.

Okay no wait, I just looked it up. Tetris was a mix of the board game tetraminos and the sport tennis. Tetraminos is a mixture of the word tetra and dominoes. The word tetra means four. (literally meaning four dominoes). I knew Tetris had something to do with the number four! by che-tih-reh, do you mean tetra? they sound similar.
  • Gemsa - February 22, 2013 3:39 p.m.

nowadays there aren't many nonsensical words left that arent names of apps
  • Lucario995 - February 22, 2013 2:26 p.m.

Hm. If Odama means "Great Ball," maybe that should've been the name in stead of Katamari!
  • taokaka - February 21, 2013 11:27 p.m.

What? A list of games with stupid names that doesn't include Ar tornelico qoga: knell of ar ciel. That name's funny because not only is it gibberish in English, it's also gibberish in Japanese.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - February 22, 2013 9:35 a.m.

Oh believe you me, I hit that up and found "Ar tonelico III: The Girl's Song that Pulls the Trigger of World's Demise"
  • WrathLord03 - February 21, 2013 10:26 p.m.

This whole thing seemed a little bit familiar and then it all clicked when I saw the Webster-Mirriam suggestion for XEXYZ. Few years back, you guys (It was probably the UK folks) messed around with game covers by replacing nonsensical words with their dictionary suggestions and adjusting the cover's illustrations to fit it. Would have been nice to see that here, although that article was due for an update some time as well.
  • theflyinfoote - February 21, 2013 8:07 p.m.

I wonder if some of these Japanese developed games have a more straight forward name in Japanese?
  • antiAntag0nist - February 21, 2013 7:23 p.m.

I'll admit, when I saw this article on the homepage I thought it was story announcing a new Viewtiful Joe; that obviously was not the case. Either way, this was a fun article and I'm not surprised to see that a lot of these games were published by Atlus.
  • n00b - February 21, 2013 7:09 p.m.

Dodonpachi and Espgaluda on Gamesradar makes me happy
  • laurenhiya21 - February 21, 2013 5:49 p.m.

Why is Hoshigami not with the other "lost in translation" ones? (since it is Japanese...) Also I'm kind of surprised that Popolocrois isn't in here, but w/e, I still enjoyed the article.
  • JMarsella09 - February 21, 2013 4:30 p.m.

Why didn't you put Duodecim with the other titles that have meanings in other languages?
  • Elgyem - February 21, 2013 2:29 p.m.

Why is there photoshop? Still, these were hilarious.
  • Schnipke - February 21, 2013 2:15 p.m.

I noticed a lot of these games were made by Atlus...
  • TheDudeFromNowhere - February 21, 2013 2:03 p.m.

Wargasm !! Lol, seriously who would comes up with this and actually use it as a name for their game?