• BMW89 - September 28, 2010 4:04 p.m.

Gotta love the hologram. Not too many people I've played with use it, but once you've got the hang of baiting opposing players with it, it can be really effective.
  • asspills - September 28, 2010 7:11 p.m.

I am a Hologram/Decoy FIEND!!! I love that thing!! You guys missed many uses for that thing. For instance: say you got ambushed and so you duck around a corner, waiting for your ambushee to finish you, send your hologram across the room and crouch, he'll think your still running away. Or, for sniping a sniper, send your sniper up to your roost, and run right along side it, mimicking it, then stay as still as possible while lining up the shot on your confused target.
  • xCosmicChaosx - September 28, 2010 7:37 p.m.

For the hologram they suggest using with the sword.That is a great way to get you killed.Never activate the hologram if you are already engaged with the enemy.A name does not appear over the holos head and will not fool anyone who has played more than a single match.The holo should only be used to check rooms and divert sniper fire.
  • Crabhand - September 28, 2010 8:29 p.m.

There are some very good tips in this one, although there is one "don't" for the hologram. Don't just point it at a wall and go, the Spartan making a b-line for the wall isn't going to draw much fire (although some bad players will still go for the assassination =P)
  • FACANAWESOME - September 28, 2010 9:13 p.m.

Do: Buy another game! Do not: Buy another marginally better Gaylo game! Your Welcome!
  • gmknoble - September 28, 2010 11:09 p.m.

nice article
  • Spybreak8 - September 28, 2010 11:36 p.m.

I couldn't believe there were so many people that kept getting killed when I used the armor lock and they tried to run me over!^^
  • Defguru7777 - September 29, 2010 4:10 a.m.

I found that Armor Lock can be used very successfully in melee fights. Both you and your opponent melee and take out each other's shields. Then you go into Armor Lock and the other guy melees. While he's recovering from the melee (1 second) come out of Armor Lock and deliver the finishing melee blow. I've gotten a lot of successful kills out of this (and even a Double Kill once).
  • Logan2911 - September 29, 2010 4:48 a.m.

Hologram = Shadow clones ^_^
  • SinisterThougts - September 29, 2010 12:19 p.m.

Awesome article, really helpful on some points. I really like how my screenshot was used to show Evade <3
  • gamefreakl1996 - September 30, 2010 2:10 a.m.

Lol, I love how I do basically all the "don't"s and almost none of the "do"s, I love just putting the camo on and standing infront of the enemy, or using the holgram and standing right next to it
  • seanbidwell - September 30, 2010 3:56 a.m.

dude i learned alot about what ive been doing in other words i was using them wrong
  • ethoreson9761 - September 30, 2010 4:49 p.m.

A do for the hologram stay a good distance from the edge of cover so when you use it the enemy won't see the initial shimmer and they start to shoot it. by the time they put 2 and 2 together they're already dead.
  • theloofa - October 1, 2010 8:25 p.m.

lol @ "Lt. Corporal"
  • Raistlarn - October 2, 2010 8:52 a.m.

Here's a don't for the hologram. When you see someone on your radar don't stop and make your hologram or make any funny odd jerky movements while making your hologram, because alot of people actually watch their radar and when someone sees a weird jerk or a pause then something runs out of cover it will most likely be a hologram. The best way to make the hologram is to run with it when you make it then just stop after it is already made. Another don't is to not do it when the enemy sees you. Although you can get away with using it when you have a couple more teammates and you are in a huge close quarters combat fight, it will literally confuse the opponent especially if they are being fire on from multiple angles and you are not their sole focus(although if you pull an energy sword or a grav hammer, you'll just be painting a huge target on yourself). Another don't is don't aim to far or it will run against a wall and keep running in the same place. And the last don't with the hologram is don't aim it at breakable glass because the hologram will not break the glass it will just run in place at the glass.
  • SenorHurt - October 3, 2010 11:47 a.m.

I already knew how to use the Armor Effects but I hadn't yet figured out how to best use them. Some of the scenarios you mentioned are gonna be a lifesaver for me. I find that I forgot to use them a lot at first. Now that I have been playing for a while I find I am using them much more.
  • Vader999 - October 3, 2010 11:53 p.m.

Actually, dive spamming isn't that bad.......
  • D0CCON - October 4, 2010 1:42 a.m.

"You're the one who gets to drive the scorpion while armed with the rocket launcher and sniper rifle" God I hate people who do that when they are on my team (I love enemies who do it though). They do realize they can only use one of their uber-weapons at a time right? As long as they are a live, they have a powerful weapon doing nothing instead of letting a teammate actually help out (luckily, this seems to happen less in Reach).
  • TaichouDaidai - October 4, 2010 12:11 p.m.

i know a don't for the hologram running right by your hologram charging toward 3 enemies is a don't i remember seeing a dumbass do that i guess he didn't know that your name shows above your guys head if your pointing at them
  • cronomonkey - October 6, 2010 2:19 a.m.

i use active camo when my team is a bunch of pussies who quit on me