• xCosmicChaosx - September 28, 2010 7:37 p.m.

For the hologram they suggest using with the sword.That is a great way to get you killed.Never activate the hologram if you are already engaged with the enemy.A name does not appear over the holos head and will not fool anyone who has played more than a single match.The holo should only be used to check rooms and divert sniper fire.
  • asspills - September 28, 2010 7:11 p.m.

I am a Hologram/Decoy FIEND!!! I love that thing!! You guys missed many uses for that thing. For instance: say you got ambushed and so you duck around a corner, waiting for your ambushee to finish you, send your hologram across the room and crouch, he'll think your still running away. Or, for sniping a sniper, send your sniper up to your roost, and run right along side it, mimicking it, then stay as still as possible while lining up the shot on your confused target.
  • BMW89 - September 28, 2010 4:04 p.m.

Gotta love the hologram. Not too many people I've played with use it, but once you've got the hang of baiting opposing players with it, it can be really effective.
  • Darkshine34 - September 28, 2010 3:22 p.m.

Amazing article. Thanks for the tips, I will now be a more well rounded spartan instead of using hologram 24/7.
  • TheElephantManchurianCandidate - September 28, 2010 9:32 a.m.

Nice article these were some great ideas that I'll have to try out next halo night reCAPTCHA: spanxing aufbruch ???
  • PeptoTurismo - September 28, 2010 7:43 a.m.

I should really think about getting this game.
  • elpurplemonkey - September 28, 2010 6:21 a.m.

Very funny and informative article. And I'll add a couple of tips: the Jetpack works great for evading grenades and also helps in strafing. The grenade part is self-explanatory, but I find it super helpful to mix up my strafing. Instead of just going left and right and jumping around, also try to move vertically with the Jetpack. And the hologram has to be the funniest armor ability. I recommend running behind a corner when you see a red dot on your radar near you, and sending one out where you think he'll see it. He either wastes ammo shooting it, or melee's it- either way you've got the drop on him and have also embarrassed him.
  • p3rf3ct1ns4n1ty - September 28, 2010 4:50 a.m.

one massive downside to hologram is that if you see a guy staring at a wall, it is most likely a hologram with a person hiding in a corner right behind it. Just trace holograms back to the source, they only run straight. Also armor lock seems to get people stuck more than it actually saves them.
  • batman5273 - September 28, 2010 3:15 a.m.

Good Article!
  • SirManguydude - September 28, 2010 3:09 a.m.

One good one for the Hologram is meat shield. Nothing is better then using your own hologram to bullet soak as you switch weapons and charge up with a sword.
  • Baron164 - September 28, 2010 3:06 a.m.

Great article, I'm not a huge melee player but I'll have to try out that evade tactic. Me and my friends were playing some team slayer and 3 of the 4 people on my team were using holograms and it was hilarious how often it fools people and opens them up for grav-hammer strikes.
  • Bagmun - September 28, 2010 2:28 a.m.

@ChaoticracerX I thought about putting that in, but it seemed way too obvious. Likewise, I've encountered a few dudes online who could consistently spam that move while simultaneously shooting me in the face. It worked. I got confused as Hell.
  • Metroidhunter32 - September 28, 2010 2:28 a.m.

Gotta love the puppies.
  • TizzleSniper - September 28, 2010 2:08 a.m.

another don't for the jet pack is. dont start using it after you get in a gun fight, you become a slow moving, easily predictable, sitting duke. you draw the attention of everyone around you, and make an easy headshot for anything with headshot capability. i see people do this all the time. and i must say, they make an easy 5 shot with the DMR.
  • enlargedhousecats - September 28, 2010 2:01 a.m.

not to mention with sprint you can finally get that assassination rather than chasing someone with the same running speed as you
  • dontshootthereviewer - September 28, 2010 1:52 a.m.

You could use the hologram when ur sniping to lure people into the area u r hiding in. this could backfire and show everyone where ur waiting for them.
  • shadowreaper72 - September 28, 2010 1:18 a.m.

Armor Lock is cheap as hell in invasion as they will ignore all enemies run like hell to the invasion point with only 7 secs and activate armor lock. Needless to say I was pissed for hours afterwards.
  • ChaoticracerX - September 28, 2010 1:16 a.m.

I can think of a don't for the Hologram, which I use almost exclusively- Don't use it after the enemy already sees you. It wastes valuable time that could have been better spent shooting the enemy.
  • GammaGames - September 28, 2010 1:14 a.m.

i want this game! i dont have a 360 though... yet...
  • ThatGuyFromTV - September 28, 2010 12:59 a.m.

The Don't for the Drop Shield reminds me of a team who was seriously overusing the thing, so I charged into the shield they were hiding in a fired a rocket inside it. Sure, it was a suicide, but I got an Overkill out of it.