• JC182 - July 16, 2009 2:23 a.m.

i can't wait for this game to come out i love halo games.
  • jar-head - July 16, 2009 1:30 a.m.

Their first shot of an open world would be, Halo: reach, right? Werent those "rumors of complete open world interface released?
  • Doorstop - July 16, 2009 12:35 a.m.

While I can see that Halo 3 doesn't stand up as well as some later 360 games, I wouldn't downright call the game ugly compared to them. It sounds more like looking for flaws. Not saying the game will be perfect, mind you.
  • civver - July 15, 2009 11:21 p.m.

Sandbox games are getting popular. Not that that's a problem.
  • Defguru7777 - July 15, 2009 11:05 p.m.

I'm not worried about having health. They did that in Halo 1 and that game is still pretty fun. As for the Rookie not being the Master Chief, I don't see it as a problem. It would be if you played as the Rookie during a Halo 3 mission. But considering ODST is created with the Rookie in mind, the enemies will present the same difficulty. Also, I'm pretty sure Firefight is on the ODST disk and not the Halo 3 multiplayer disk. I watched a preview on another site and the main menu had campaign and Firefight. I'm glad that they have both sandbox style gameplay and Halo missions. It's a way for them to experiment with new gameplay without getting rid of the old type. This way, if the sandboxing bombs (which I'm sure it won't), the missions will still be good. And besides, a lot of the Halo 1 missions are miniature sandboxes (Halo (the mission) and The Silent Cartographer). And I think it'll be worth sixty bucks. Think; a new campaign, a new multiplayer mode that's really expansive (if it's anything like Horde), new Halo 3 maps, and Halo 3 multiplayer on its own disk with every map? Seems like sixty bucks for me. And even if you bought all the maps, you'll at least have more room on your hard drive. I only bought Legendary maps, and they were on discount. I got Heroic when it was free, and I got Mythic when I got Halo Wars LE.
  • MechGyver - July 15, 2009 10:30 p.m.

@GoldenMe: You Got Served
  • cart00n - July 15, 2009 9:10 p.m.

@GoldenMe: just because someone works on a mag that specializes on a particular platform doesn't mean they're on the take. Did you READ the article? Did you not notice how the writer attacked the game's old-ass engine and its graphical shortcomings? I know if I was paying some guy to kiss my ass, I wouldn't let him get away with talking about jaggies in reference to MY flag ship products. Leastways, he'd be kissing a WHOLE lot more than my ass after I'd read what he wrote!
  • cart00n - July 15, 2009 8:56 p.m.

It's a weird set, to be sure - 2 disks? One with all the H3 dl maps? Nice for ppl new to H3, but I'm pretty sure the regulars have all the maps already. Will ODST's campaign be enough to make them want to spend another $60? I'm nervous about the health bar, tho' - does this mean we're gonna have to look for health packs? Another weird decision, considering Bungie were the pioneers of "self-regenerating health" which they claimed was the product of keeping the game focused on action and fun. "Thirty seconds of fun" FEELS like 30 seconds when you have to keep casting about, looking for health whilst in the middle of a fire-fight. Trying something different is admirable, but not when that different something is simply taking a few steps backward into gaming history. Health-packs are SO last century...
  • MechGyver - July 15, 2009 8:47 p.m.

"Lets see you dance sucker you got nothing on me..."
  • GoldenMe - July 15, 2009 8:43 p.m.

Wow, this preview is absolutly terrible. And I like Halo. Why does this preview suck? Becuase it was from The Xbox World 360 UK editor, Micheal Gapper. He's probably paid by Microsoft to say this. I want to read GamesRadar's articles, not this guy's crap. I'll still be getting this game, no matter what. And inb4 immature gaylo calling. Seriously people, that's pathetic.
  • Scott1121 - July 15, 2009 8:13 p.m.

I think they could have done much more and im not sure i want to play as an odst the fun of halo was being an almost inhuman killing machine
  • r3ap3r - July 15, 2009 7:14 p.m.

i think this is gonna be a good game but i guess time will only tell.
  • rezapoc - July 19, 2009 10:49 p.m.

30 quid on amazon.co.uk it'll be the cheapest big game in the run up to christmas, snap it up!
  • Makk_Mizzy - July 18, 2009 11:32 a.m.

Me personally Im not buying this game at all, it may be a change to gamers, but to me I just feel that MASTER CHIEF should've had an ending and broke away from the halo ordeal and created something fresh and new to the hardcore gamers out there, even tho' its suppose to be a human I feel betrayed because ever since I played Halo it has been on my top 3 listof must play and have, but I understand BUNGIE and Microsoft wants to make money and continue this Franchise, but HALO ODST is not the way it should've been carried out! Gears Of War did a perfect job of making a 2nd part to answer our questions and to put our minds at ease by stopping at Gears Of War 2 and going in another direction. I just like a change, think of what Im saying like this-> if you were a prisoner in your state prison, and every day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner they served noodles and water what would your reaction be? Its not bad, but sooner or later someone will speak up and say im tired of eating the same old sh!t day after day after day, and that's basically how HALO is being fed to the GAMERS, with one halo after another 1,2, and 3 was exceptable, but HALO WARS and now ODST. All I know is this is the end of the line for me, im leaving HALO just like MASTER CHIEF did, I don't have to eat noodles anymore, now im going to eat some Bar-B-Que!
  • Doctalen - July 17, 2009 10:38 p.m.

Looks good but that will leave my wallet empty
  • ujikae - July 17, 2009 6:37 p.m.

u guys are freakin crazy.i mean this game will be kickass.i seen the gameplay trailer and it rocks.im not even playin.the peaple who says this game will be gay u can suck the sack man cause u will regret not buyin it.this is true.
  • SwampRock - July 17, 2009 5:49 a.m.

I have no doubt that ODST will be fun. I'm personally excited for more elements to gameplay incorporating strategy and such. But my guess DEFINITELY not going to be worth 60 bucks even if i can "get recon" oh my god bungie definitely likes throwing out gimmicks like this to get people to buy more product, not to mention I could only play like 3 playlists before I bought the map packs which angered me deeply. Guess I'm gonna have to wait till its 30 or less dollars. I hope this doesn't interfere with Halo3 playlists to a force you to buy our crap to play basis.
  • Tsubaki - July 17, 2009 12:08 a.m.

Why is it that everyone is so weird? (rhetorical) You don't have to purchase the game straightaway. Wait a while, then rent it and see how it is. The review doesn't freakin' matter. People can talk shit about something, but if you haven't experienced it then don't listen to them. Take [PROTOTYPE] for example. It's one of the greatest games I've ever played and so many people say it sucks. I'm not quite sure how this will turn out, since it's supposed to be a sandbox game, and sandbox games usually end up being the kind of games no one plays for the missions. But we can worry about that brigde when it's time to cross it. Halo! FTW!
  • woot117 - July 16, 2009 6:24 p.m.

I am glad to see that sanbox games are catching on. I was so sick of games like COD where there was only one way to complete each mission with no tactics involved. thats why I loved the Halo SP's. they really let you play the way you want to play.
  • UberPorpoise - July 16, 2009 5:46 p.m.

@Everyone who can't get this right for some reason. I forgot something. On one disk you get with ODST, it will contain everything new to ODST. Which is the campaign and the Horde-type mode. On the second disk, there will be everything pertaining to Halo 3. Which is all of the older maps, all of the DLC, and the three new maps which are part of the Mythic expansion. The only reason there is a disk containing all of the maps is so you can pop it in the tray and play Halo 3 multiplayer. You can't fully enjoy it without all of the maps so they did you a favor. And, like my Halo 3 disk, yours might need a break from constantly spinning in your disk tray. My Halo 3 will be able to watch some other disk do it's work while it rest on the trophy shelf above my TV.