• thinkerluchho - September 5, 2013 9:41 a.m.

i would have bought this and all the previous games, but the story really offends my religion. why:- 1. those who came before made adam and eve. that's nonsense, it is god who created them. 2. all what jesus did was with the help of the apple of eden, they weren't by miracles. 3. adam and eve escaped from "those who came before" . that's nonsense ,read any of the religious books, it's nothing like that. you may say it is just a game, well even though it's a game, why do devs try to disrespect my religion? i won't allow that, i hate buying such a game, even if i love the gameplay. i know the story because i read the wiki.
  • wadesmit - September 5, 2013 9:47 a.m.

That is so ridiculous. Are you saying, first of all, that because a religion is partially the subject matter, the story MUST adhere to that religion's canon? And secondly, that such an aberration, in clearly fiction-based video game, would offend you? Wow. Dude, there are more important things to worry yourself about than people telling the same story you were told.
  • thinkerluchho - September 5, 2013 11:32 a.m.

why can't they just use new characters?
  • The Mad Prophet - September 5, 2013 7:11 p.m.

If the game offends you, then don't buy it. Either way though, keep your fairy tale beliefs to yourself. Try reading GodIsImaginary.com if you ever have a moment of reason.
  • thinkerluchho - September 5, 2013 11:57 p.m.

you offered me a site. it did not have a single intellectual reason, it is all based on the imagination of intellectual reason. instead of only listening to the media, and insulting me, try to check on different religions, . if you don't you are just running away from reality.
  • N7Spartan95 - September 6, 2013 7:01 a.m.

I'm Christian too, but I'm still getting this game when I can. All that reinterpreting of religious figures is obviously made up anyway. We know it. They know it. It's simply a construction used to tell an interesting story with no actual bearing on the validity or lack thereof of modern-day religions. Sure, I'd rather do without all the pseudo-religious sci-fi conspiracy nonsense, but how many good open world pirate games currently exist? Because if someone knows any of the same size and scope as Black Flag, I'd love to hear about it.