• GameManiac - November 25, 2012 9:11 p.m.

I'm not sure whether I should be surprised to see Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Okamiden on this list or not. I do know that I can think of a few other games that would work well on this list. 1. Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (sequel to Nintendo/Cing's Hotel Dusk: Room 215). 2. Solatorobo: Red the Hunter (Spiritual successor to the PS1's Tail Concierto). I've definitely played those two and already knew that they were going to be games that would pass people's radars.
  • archnite - November 25, 2012 9:46 p.m.

It's easy to forget the sequel when that first games are already obscure as hell. I'd say most people are happy to forget about Other M as my recent example.
  • archnite - November 25, 2012 9:41 p.m.

NiGHTS will always be remember in my heart for Kid Fucker's Hoagie. "...Dream Delight..."
  • avantguardian - November 25, 2012 11:29 p.m.

well, i would have to say that nuts & bolts is the only BK game i've actually enjoyed, as it allowed you to be incredibly creative (giant flying cube ship that spit out a small pod that could transform into a buggy AND a boat). also, as blasphemous as it may be, i enjoyed chrono cross more than chrono trigger(!). this is coming from someone who even has a cat named lucca. i beat it back to back to use the different characters (i missed glenn the first time), there were so many good ones to choose from.
  • zelta38 - November 26, 2012 12:41 a.m.

Chrono Cross is also on my RPG classics list, not as high as CT but definitely not a forgettable RPG by any measure! But if this article is about forgotten by the market games maybe these days it qualifies since Square does not know how to give the Chrono series the respect it deserves.
  • avantguardian - November 25, 2012 11:37 p.m.

ooh what about bushido blade!
  • BladedFalcon - November 25, 2012 11:57 p.m.

It saddens me deeply to see Kid Icarus: Uprising in this list. So far, to me it's by and large the best 3DS game to have graced the console so far. (yes, even despite the stupid control layout.) And to see that it has failed commercially is pretty damn discouraging. Also, maybe it's because i didn't play previous Panzer Dragoon games, but I would never think Orta was a step back of anything, the game was pretty effing great and amazing looking at the time. Also a big shame that it didn't sell well ):
  • AuthorityFigure - November 26, 2012 12:11 a.m.

Final Fight: Streetwise. Now THAT game deserves to be forgotten (I'm aware that I am mentioning it right now).
  • ZenRobot - November 26, 2012 1:08 a.m.

I'll never forget Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, that game fucking bricked my Xbox. My roommate was responsible. and then, get this, he went down stairs to play it on my neighbors xbox and it RR'd THAT XBOX TOO. lot of damage for a first party title i'd say. suspect.
  • MrJechgo - November 26, 2012 4:15 a.m.

Dark Dawn was less stellar than the other two, but it was fun. However, I do agree that the lower difficulty and the 3 points of no-return were strikes against it. I just hope that Nintendo and Camelot continue the series on 3DS, because the game ended on a cliffhanger.
  • CitizenWolfie - November 26, 2012 4:20 a.m.

Manhunt 2 was largely forgotten. It got a lot of press before release due to it being so violent (and using Wii's motion controls probably didn't help), but once the edited version was released, seemingly without anyone knowing, I never heard much about it afterwards. That might be more to do with it being a bit crap though, if my unfinished copy is anything to go by.
  • Bionichute - November 26, 2012 8:30 a.m.

I count AT LEAST 5 great games on this list. Pretty shitty list if you ask me.
  • christian-shaffer - November 26, 2012 11:06 a.m.

The list isn't about whether or not the game is good, it's about whether or not it's forgettable. To the majority, they are forgettable. To you, they may not be. You sir, are in the minority. Forgettable doesn't mean bad.
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 26, 2012 9:18 a.m.

You know, I wouldn't have really considered Wolfentstien or Golden Sun: Dark Dawn forgettable. Sure they weren't as great as their respective originals, but they were still pretty good. I loved the new Twisted Metal, it was another pretty good game, definitely not forgettable... Do we have the same idea of what forgettable is?
  • Bloodstorm - November 26, 2012 10:32 a.m.

Just because you remember them, doesn't mean they aren't forgettable. No one is out there holding a conversation about Wolfenstein or the newest Twisted Metal, except here, in which we are only talking about them because they are on a list of forgettable games.
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 26, 2012 7:11 p.m.

I beg to differ, all three of those games have stuck in my head for various reasons... Damn my personal opinions!
  • Bloodstorm - November 29, 2012 8:34 a.m.

Again, not saying they were or weren't memorable to you in particular, clearly they were. I'm saying that just because you remember them fondly, and quite well, doesn't change the games being overall forgettable to the gaming community in general. It's got nothing to do with your opinions on the games, as it was never said once that they were wrong.
  • bamb0o-stick - November 26, 2012 11:33 a.m.

I remember playing Wolfenstein and telling myself, "Hey this is a pretty good solid game from Raven." But I really cannot recall ever finishing it or not. It really was forgettable for me, all I remember are magic zombie Nazis and using a special relic as a weapon, but that's it.