Topics

E3

• babyhenchy1 - June 25, 2011 7:48 a.m.

I thought Skyrim was the best of the show, followed by Mass Effect 3 and Bioshock Infinite. However, Mass Effect 3 is still my all time most anticipated game.
  • Gene - June 25, 2011 6:56 a.m.

@TheRandomFool It's just you. I genuinely believe Bioshock Infinite could be the best game of this generation. No other game has seemed so complete: it links intellect, world, character and gameplay like nothing I've ever seen. I can't wait.
  • quincytheodore - June 25, 2011 6:32 a.m.

How can you choose from these? I'll just get them all... Oh, except one, you know which TT
  • shinyscizor93 - June 25, 2011 5:57 a.m.

I just reserved my copy of Skyrim today (I gotta have that map), but all of these games have me extremely excited. Well, except for Mass Effect 3, call me crazy, but I never really got into Mass Effect.
  • shawksta - June 25, 2011 5:56 a.m.

I guess so, Bioshock did open allot this year at E3, Arkham City is one im really anticipated to buy. @EnigmaSpirit I hear you, the game will still be awesome and nobody forgot about it, its just these games were more fully revealed and widely open on info which is why they were chosen, Skyward Sword didnt reveal that much but a new awesome trailer. Im dissapointed Sly 4 and weegee's mansion 2 didnt get mentioned but oh well!
  • EnigmaSpirit - June 25, 2011 5:13 a.m.

I am sad that Skyward Sword didn't even get a mention anywhere. I know alot of people are turned off by the motion controls, I am certain you will find a good game. They wouldn't put the Zelda name on something not of high quality (cdi doesnt count), and the art style, character designs and rumors of new mythology for the series have got me excited. Also the controls may be a good change of pace. I am not at all saying it should win best of show, but I would have liked to see it mentioned in atleast one category.
  • Z-man427 - June 25, 2011 4:39 a.m.

Technically, Revenge of the Jedi did exist. There were posters in theaters advertising the movie with that title which wasn't changed until shortly before the release.
  • Yeager1122 - June 25, 2011 3:18 a.m.

Love all these games but Mass Effect 3 is defintley the one im most anxiously waiting for.
  • TheRandomFool - June 25, 2011 3:16 a.m.

I really liked the first two Bioshocks, but for some reason this third one doesn't make me incredibly excited. Perhaps it's just me, but I am far more excited about ME3, Batman, and Skyrim.
  • thewulfen - June 25, 2011 2:47 a.m.

Yeah, that sounds about right.
  • Headstandz - June 25, 2011 2:46 a.m.

I'm excited for all of these games!
  • D0CCON - June 25, 2011 2:46 a.m.

I don't know why Infinite won and I refuse to read why. Of course, that's because I refuse to read anything about the game so it's more of a surprise (thus hopefully countering the fact that everything in Bioshock 1 was spoiled for me).
  • ShadowBroker23 - June 28, 2011 12:43 p.m.

Revenge of the Jedi, FTW !!!
  • mothbanquet - June 27, 2011 4:59 p.m.

For me it has to be ME3 simply because the other games beat the previous instalments of the other games. It was a close call but I simply like ME1 more than Uncharted/Bioshock 1 and ME2 more than Oblivion/BS2, etc. I certainly can't argue against other people's choices mind you, the quality on show is far too high to render any arguement redundant. At this point it's all a matter of personal taste.
  • taterboob - June 26, 2011 5:14 a.m.

I really wish the games journalist community would kindly remove Levine's balls from their collective chins. Don't get me wrong, I liked Bioshock 1 and 2, but they weren't THAT damn good.
  • dkgshiz - June 26, 2011 4:16 a.m.

Bioshock? Eh...not so sure about that. Its a great series...but Uncharted and Elder Scrolls would have been much more worthy picks.
  • Crypto140 - June 25, 2011 10:36 p.m.

Infinite will be another Bioshock 1. That's not bad, but it's not really new. After Infinite, there will be Infinite 2, and everyone will bitch about that just like with Bioshock 2. I never really enjoyed Mass Effect, the first one was so bad I had to froce myself to finish it. Batman Arkham City will wreck, hands down. I'm the only gamer in the universe who never played Oblivion, so I dont really know why I should piss myself over Skyrim. I just finished Uncahrted 2 today becasue I had nothing else to do. It is not 10/10 material, more like 9.5 MAX. I am most exited over Batman becasue it isn't any of the other games. And that kills me to say it.
  • gilgamesh310 - June 25, 2011 6:57 p.m.

Can't say Im particularly excited about Bioshock:Infinite. I don't know why it's such a critics favourite. Mass Effect 3 is easily my no. 1 most anticipated game. I think Dark Souls should have replaced Skyrim as an RPG contender on the list too.
  • Clovin64 - June 25, 2011 5:01 p.m.

Skyrim and ME3 for me thanks. Concentrating on Uni is going to be a real pain when these get released.
  • AlSwearengenHatesCocksuckers - June 25, 2011 3:12 p.m.

If I had to choose it would have to be Skyrim. Morrowind sucked 500+ hours from my life. Oblivion sucked well over a thousand since it was released. When I see the trailers for Skyrim, I literally see years of my life wasting away in it's wintery grandeur. MOTHERFUCKING DRAGONS BITCHES!!! Dragons and Dinosaurs are the two genres of video games that MUST be exploited further, and done well. Skyrim is going to do dragons VERY, very well.