• Fro4show - August 21, 2013 12:05 p.m.

Fanboys are dumb. I don't know why its so hard to admit. Sony got its ass kicked at the beginning of the last console generation. I bought the damn Ps3 on day one and regretted it for years before Sony got their shit together, but they did and caught MS sleeping on their pile of gold. MS screwed up in every way possible with the Xbox One, first and foremost prioritizing things that are not video games. They forgot who they're selling to and got behind and now its their turn to play catch-up. And they're still being difficult to deal with, not letting indie devs have full access to Xbone's capabilities and not giving out important games. I don't know why its not easy to just open the palm and give a little, but if anybody knew it would be MS. Its obvious that whatever they're trying to do now is just to keep up with Sony. Its not looking good for them, but don't count them out entirely. Sony had to make a comeback and they did. It's definitely possible for MS.
  • patrick-biseau - August 21, 2013 4:33 p.m.

MS would be nothing with out PlayStation because most of MS games came from PlayStation if PlayStation stop sharing there games MS would be fucked.
  • Sinsational - August 21, 2013 6:04 p.m.

It isn't up to Sony. The devs/publishers decide to go multiplat, not Sony. The only thing Sony can do is throw shit tons of money at them to compensate and keep the games. Although I hate that some of my beloved franchises are going multiplat, I understand and respect Sony's restraint. Throwing stacks of cash at devs to keep exclusives is bad course of action. It didn't help Microsoft, it wouldn't help Sony.
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - August 21, 2013 11:51 a.m.

I though they promised us Halo 3 for free on live? I have H3 and the boost in player base would be incredible but Microsoft can't seem to get off their asses, probably because they don't want everyone to realize how bad Halo 4 is in comparison. So instead we get all these old games that I could buy for a nickel at a used game shop. Not to mention you're getting vanilla games that have since had multiple DLC packs that I'm assuming they expect us to pay for. No thanks. Can't wait to go back to Sony next gen.
  • montyburns - August 21, 2013 11:14 a.m.

Haters... haters everywhere...
  • AsheDarkthorne - August 21, 2013 10:16 a.m.

Biggest marketing ploy ever is The PlayStation Plus service. Where they lead individuals to believe something is free and given to them when in actually it is just a hyped up rental service. Sorry even if Microsoft supposedly came late to the game on free games they at least don't have a restriction that you need to keep Gold to keep your free games. On top of that every holiday season Microsoft has always given a free game out of the XBLA collection. PS+ is definitely the overrated lie it pertains to be. I will stick with things I know are on the straight and narrow and at least is a more stable online service with Live.
  • D0CCON - August 21, 2013 10:59 a.m.

As long as you keep paying the subscription fee, you can keep accessing the games, even after they are removed. I paid XBLG's subscription for the entire time that I owned the console and I'll do the same with PS+, which means that I'll have every free game they give out for the entirety of my console's life. People who jumped on the PS+ bandwagon at the beginning and are still subscribed have over $1000 worth of games to show for it, on their system, right now (which seems like WAY more than a "hyped up rental service," unless Blockbuster allowed you to keep your movie rentals for years and never told me about it). The first game MS offered on its games for gold that I didn't already own for at least 3 years was Dead Rising 2, which saved me about $5 since I could've bought it on Steam a few weeks ago for that price during the sale. Wow, thanks MS.
  • BladedFalcon - August 21, 2013 11:55 a.m.

Spoken like a true asshole that has never actually used PSN plus.
  • AsheDarkthorne - August 21, 2013 6:54 p.m.

Hey Fanboy.. I did use PS+ and guess what still have the "demos" that the free games became on account of no longer using plus. Keep assuming because we all know what assuming does for ya.
  • BladedFalcon - August 21, 2013 8:22 p.m.

Well yes stupid, if you are no longer paying the service, why would Sony keep letting you play for those games? that would be bad business. But if you kept using PSN Plus for years and years, ALL the games that you HAVE been using and playing stay there with you as long as you keep paying. So no, they are NOT demos, and they aren't rentals. So again, at least understand what the hell you're talking about before jamming your fist up your mouth.
  • Jet - August 22, 2013 4:08 a.m.

You don't mess with the falcon or you get the blade
  • AsheDarkthorne - August 22, 2013 5:08 a.m.

Wow you are a waste of breath to talk to. You need to insult considering that you get called fanboy and for your information when you are not a PS+ sub your games do become demos for you can't earn the trophies for them and you cannot play the game through to fruition. If you ever took a lax in your account you would know this. So as YOU said and I quote "Understand what the hell you're talking about before you jam your foot not fist in your mouth". Fanboy.
  • BladedFalcon - August 22, 2013 5:39 a.m.

...Okay, you know what? Let's try this again, and I promise I won't Insult you this time: PS+ is a service, the service they provide are increased discounts and free games that they select every month in exchange for a monthly fee. Sony expects you to keep paying that monthly fee in order for you to take advantage of those free games and discounts they are giving you. If you suspend your end of the bargain and stop paying, then Sony is also ending their own end of the bargain, why should they allow you to keep playing something that was part of a service you were paying for? It's like getting mad at your Internet or cellphone providers for cutting off your Internet or phone usages when you stop paying them. If you keep your end of the bargain however, every single game you've acquired trough this service over the years remains yours to use whenever you want, so again, it's not a rental service, nor are they demos. You're only required to keep paying a monthly fee to keep the stuff that you got because of that service in the first place. Lastly, even if you stopped paying for PSN plus, but if you start paying again, you get to play everything you had downloaded in the past again. So again, as long as you keep your end of the bargain, you get to play what you go trough the service whenever you want. There you go, no sarcasm, no insults. Just a more detailed explanation of how this works, does this make more sense to you now? or are you still thinking they are scamming you?
  • AsheDarkthorne - August 22, 2013 8:24 a.m.

As I stated a rental service provides you the same thing take your cable company they let you buy and rent movies and other things through your box and as long as you keep paying for cable you own said movies or shows you purchased. Just as PSN+ There is where the Xbox Live and PSN differ. If you stop paying for Gold you are able to play the games they have given out to Gold members keeping your progress and can complete the game to it's fullest and it doesn't become a demo taking space on my harddrive waiting to be unlocked the next time you pay for the service. Simply put free is free if it becomes a permanent part of your collection and never having to "pay" for it again. Paying to unlock the game so you can continue to use it does not make it a free game given to you now does it? No it is you paying for the service to use a game they offer as a "play per pay " use or in other words renting for the year. As you can see there is no doubt that though on paper it seems like a great thing but overall it is a glorified rental service.
  • BladedFalcon - August 22, 2013 9:22 a.m.

Okay, I see what you're saying, and yes, in that strict sense, it isn't truly "free" in the way the Gold games apparently are. (I said apparently, because I haven't used that service in a while, so I can't speak from experience.) I still take issue with it being called a glorified rental service though. Because this isn't a monthly fee you're paying to get only a set selection of games for free. Every single months you keep getting new games you can add in for free on TOP of the ones you already have, not to mention very good discounts for recently released games and whatnot. So eventually, the amount you're paying really does feel minimal compare to all the money you end up saving. And to me, that's why it's nothing like a rental service or a subscription fee. Also, bear in mind that while yes, the titles you get each month with Gold do stay usable if you're not paying the service anymore... You kinda have to pay that service if you want to play online anyway, and you're not getting any extra discounts, not to mention, the games released so far are over 2 years old and probably can be found for less and 10-15 bucks anyway. So I guess it just depends on what you consider a priority. getting one old free game per month which current value isn't very high anyway, but at least you get to keep it if you stop paying. Or get several discounts on current games, plus several free games that often aren't that old or cheap. And you can play as long as you keep paying. *shrugs*
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - August 21, 2013 1:08 p.m.

Keep lying to yourself
  • Shinn - August 21, 2013 10:52 p.m.

When you pay for Xbox Live (as I have for the past 7 years), you gain nothing but the ability to play online and access to a few sales. When you pay for Playstation Plus (as I have for the past 6 months), you gain access to a few sales, and new games are added to your account each month. When you stop paying for Xbox Live, you lose access to the multiplayer components of every game you've ever bought (until you renew). When you stop paying for Playstation Plus, you lose access to the free games you've been given (until you renew). It's nice that Microsoft has introduced a free game every two weeks or so, but so far I haven't gotten anything I haven't already bought, and the net worth of all the games I've gotten isn't as much as a three month subscription. The free games aren't even worth as much as the Vita Uncharted game that comes for free with PS+. It's nice that Microsoft gives out a free arcade game (if you meet their purchase requirements) every so often, but being given access to more Vita games than my PS+ subscription and Vita itself are worth is a little nicer.
  • nickkoch24 - August 21, 2013 9:47 a.m.

Why are people still bringing up the PSN hack like there was never a Xbox Live hack (2007 AND 2008)? Both are good systems, the thing is though that PSN gives more to their loyal customers than Xbox live plain and simple. Waiting to one-up Microsoft at every turn isn't back-handed, it's smart marketing. Simply figure out what the other guy is going to do, and do it better. With all the Xbox ONE changes that have been done its clear they understand this concept as well as Sony. I don't want your silly Kinnect, so your going to stick it in the box and charge me anyways?
  • BladedFalcon - August 21, 2013 11:54 a.m.

To be fair, the PSN hack was WAY worse than the Xbox Live ones. I mean, more than a MONTH being completely offline? Sony's fault or not, it is definitely noteworthy.
  • Doctalen - August 21, 2013 9:46 a.m.

The differences between Online services never mattered much to me. The way I see it, an online service is only useful for the inevitable DLCs (I do like most DLCs with a few minor exceptions) and the inevitable urge to play the latest Call of Duty/Halo/other shooter with my friends. Every now and then I'll partake in these little extras such as the free games or even TV/movie services but those are fairly rare. That said I couldn't give a damn about video sharing. I'm happy with some security in my online accounts and the ability to play online with my friends.