• bass88 - January 24, 2012 6:39 a.m.

Meh. World War 2 was a very overrated sequel of The World War.
  • fattoler - January 24, 2012 7:48 a.m.

Poppycock. WWII was the best sequel of all time. You probably hate it because you thought the villains were stock or something? Well you know what Kaiser Wilhelm was the most pathetic bad guy ever, there I said it, and let's just be honest here, no-one liked seeing the same action sequence over and over again in those never ending Western Front scenes, WWII actually felt like a WORLD War, rather than a prolonged European engagement, and don't get me started on that prolonged cocktease that was TV Spin-Off Cold War...
  • profile0000 - January 24, 2012 8:15 a.m.

I laughed so hard I almost spilled my drink.
  • bass88 - January 24, 2012 10:09 a.m.

@fattoler Oh please. WW1 had far better characterisation. Wilhelm was a complex and conflicted character while Hitler was a one dimensional bastard. He even resided in a bunker - what Bond film did he crawl out of? Plus, the "heroes" of WW1 were morally grey and more interesting. You won't find any Paul Walker's in there. WW2 just had the goody-goodguy Allies and the nasty-Nazis. Even George Lucas would call horseshit to that. WW2 did what all bad sequels do - throw in a shitload of characters, throw in more international locations and turn the carnage up until the whole thing becomes a bloated and overlong mess. And it climaxes with not one, but TWO atomic blasts!?! I didn't realise Michael Bay was around back then.
  • fattoler - January 24, 2012 5:19 p.m.

Your still overlooking the most critical flaw of WWI, the poetry scenes, I mean really? Plus what about the Soviets? The Finnish Winter War and that great scene when the British were thinking of sending troops to Finland to fight the Soviet Union?
  • fattoler - January 24, 2012 5:20 p.m.

*You're
  • bass88 - January 24, 2012 5:51 p.m.

What's wrong the poetry? Siegfried Sasoon's Base Details is excellent and a perfect allegory for the plight of the common soldier. Also, Jona Lewie set Stop The Calvery around WW1. Score!
  • ThisIsMyFuckingThirdAccount - January 24, 2012 2:50 p.m.

Dude, the WW series sucked from the opening scenes. I saw Franz Ferdinand and I was all like, "Aah yeah, this guy's gonna star in the whole thing", then POOF! I almost walked out.
  • bass88 - January 24, 2012 4:15 p.m.

In all fairness to Ferdinand, he did have a music career to look over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZGcw9HHOkU&feature=related Musical styles don't develop overnight, y'know.
  • ThisIsMyFuckingThirdAccount - January 24, 2012 5:29 p.m.

He only got that publicity because of his failed acting career. I wish I could make a joke about Ryan Gosling here, but he's still a great actor. Also, Dead Man's Bones.
  • bass88 - January 24, 2012 6:04 p.m.

Yeah, you don't want to make jokes about Ryan Gosling. He has a "Slaughter Rule" where he puts your name in his "Notebook" and takes a "Drive" over to your house. He puts you in the "Half Nelson" position so he can "Fracture" your neck bone and make a "Believer" out of you. Ryan Gosling will "Remember" all, especially "The Titans".
  • BladedFalcon - January 24, 2012 8:30 a.m.

I lol'd.