• tymillz102 - December 1, 2011 12:30 p.m.

Skyrim was the obvious winner. Skyward Sword on the other hand should have been the runner up, not Saints Row 3.
  • Elard621 - September 17, 2012 5:17 p.m.

They didn´t put it because most of the staff had not played it at that time. Otherwise, it would have been a hard competition.
  • shawksta - December 1, 2011 12:06 p.m.

Honestly, I Cant argue, But there's too many great games this month to JUST give it to Skryim and Saints row the third, Uncharted and Skyward Sword were awesome as Hell, and as much as I liked Modern Warfare 3, im glad its not on the list.
  • talleyXIV - December 1, 2011 11:59 a.m.

Skyward Sword ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  • talleyXIV - December 1, 2011 12:04 p.m.

Just read a lot of people's comments. I love how all the Saint's Row fans are not impressed by the third but Gamesradar thinks it is a revolution. Gamesradar definitely tries to be a hybrid of gaming sites which is usually great but when picking games of the month you need to give credit where it is due. 1. Skyrim 2. Skyward Sword 2. Uncharted 3 3. Saints Row 3 4. Modern Warfare 3 4. Assassin's Creed Revelations
  • Cwf2008 - December 2, 2011 11:20 a.m.

Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion I certainly think Skyrim deserves GOTM (hell GOTY? Screw that: Game of the decade) but everyone has different tastes
  • RonnyLive19881 - December 2, 2011 7:03 a.m.

This times a billion.
  • Yeager1122 - December 1, 2011 9:24 a.m.

Knew it would be skyrim and i for having logged in 60 hours so far think its well deserved.
  • jennyleezy - December 1, 2011 8:06 a.m.

Skyrim I understand. But Saints Row the Third?! What about Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Skyward Sword etc? These games deserve more than SR:3. Honestly GR, you've got SR3's dick stuck in your mouth. I used to think such blatant fanboy-ism only existed on IGN, but I guess you're on that bandwagon now.
  • inkyspot - December 1, 2011 10:34 a.m.

Maybe Uncharted is a console game of the month, or sony game of the month, but these games are on all platforms.
  • teamliftrequired - December 1, 2011 7:21 p.m.

You mean to tell me that if some people on the internet dont like SR3 then no one can? makes sense dude
  • inkyspot - December 2, 2011 6:07 p.m.

I like SR3, I love Uncharted. (hell, I want to work for that company), but a console specific game, as good as it is (and I agree it's good), I can't imagine why would it be game of the year, maybe in terms of artistic direction). While my favorite game so far is Skyrim (Bugs and all). I actually though I would of not like this game at all. I have a personal love for Uncharted on a artistic level and attention to detail, but Game of the year, no (IMO). And I am not familure with Skyward sword, but then again I assume it must be a good game, but for Wii users. With Saints Row. I like a lot of things and I don't like a lot of things, but the game is fun to me so I have no regrets buying it.
  • TURbo - December 1, 2011 7:09 a.m.

Assassins Creed Revelations
  • IAmJohnGalt - December 1, 2011 6:44 a.m.

Let me preface this by saying I loved Saints Row 2. However, I bought the third and I have been majorly disappointed. Everything feels like its streamlined to a fault. Every car can be customized from your crib, there is 1 clothing store that has almost every article of clothing in the game, same with every other type of store. I also felt like Saints Row 2 had a more entertaining city. Mabye it's just me but I didn't enjoy the third as much as 2.
  • Crypto140 - December 1, 2011 12:36 p.m.

For me it was the fact that in Act 2 or around that time, all the missions were just diversions. Also I didnt really feel like Killbane should have been the number 1 villian for the whole game, I thought it would have been the bulgarian. And I never used homies, I didnt see the need for them and when I tried to use them it said "busy". Also the special edition headphones were shit.
  • pr0tostar - December 1, 2011 6:17 a.m.

No surprise here, but rightfully so. I'm a big SR fan, and TT was a major disappointment in alot of ways. Meanwhile Skyrim is my first ES game, and it's the most gaming fun I've had since... well Saints Row 2 lol.
  • IAmJohnGalt - December 1, 2011 6:45 a.m.

This ^
  • heznave1 - December 1, 2011 4:16 a.m.

Too many other good games this month to even consider Saints Row. Saints Row ad in the background huh?
  • Endg4me - December 1, 2011 4:02 a.m.

Ok so, I couldn't help myself. Finally had to make an account here.. Everyone who is complaining about Skyrim having poor graphics or glitchy scripting, give yourselves a head a shake. Just how easy do you think it is too write for the many differant platforms and brands of hardware that are out there? Point and case. Graphically, most games these days are limited by the platform it is developed for. If you bought a computer from Walmart, Futureshop, or any other mainstream retailer, do not expect much from it. In most cases the computer was built with refurbished or low grade parts. Example, you might have 8 gigs of ram, but at what latency and frequancy is it running at? "A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link." As for consoles. Well, remember that article GR published a few weeks ago that showcased the anomalies between the varying models of the XBOX360. Not to mention the fact that the 360 was using four year old parts before it left the drawing board.(Facepalm) And you wonder why the graphics are bad? Save some money up, and build yourself a power rig. If you don't know how, go to MaximumPC.com. They have great tutorials for "N38Z0r5". I've played Skyrim, SR, and Skyward Sword, and I have to say, Skyrim wins by a landslide. For replayability, community involvment, graphics, scripting, compatibilty (I don't see Zelda porting to any other system besides Nintendo), and overall entertainment. The only point it loses is multiplayer. It isn't meant to be part of that crowd. Don't get me wrong either i'm totally unbiased. I'm a huge Zelda fan. I have been since the very first came out back in the 1980s, and I also enjoyed the previous versions of Saints Row.
  • winner2 - December 1, 2011 3:29 a.m.

To be completely honest, I was expecting MW3 or something to make an appearance on this article, what with it's habit of stealing the spotlight from, IMO, the more interesting games. Glad to see I was wrong.
  • farsided - December 1, 2011 3:23 a.m.

Logged 160 hours on Skyrim now. Run into a few bugs (textures failing to load upon entering an area-leave/return and they're back to normal, quests not updating-fix'd by console, dragon skeletons teleporting all over the place-fix'd by console) but nothing game breaking. I'm currently thane of every city but Falkreath and Windhelm, leader of the thieves guild, listener of the dark brotherhood, and champion of damn near every single daedra lord in the province. Hardly touched the main quest, saving Mages College/Companions for other playthroughs, haven't taken a side in the Civil War, and I'm only level 45. I got a long ways to go. I fuckin love this game.