• Lexiconjuration - February 8, 2014 1:52 p.m.

The one level that nearly made me lose my mind was the escort level in the sewers from Jak II. That one took me like two or three weeks of off and on playing to complete, and that was only because one metalhead jumped weird near the end.
  • Outofmanyone - February 10, 2014 4:04 p.m.

I just finished Jak II and the entire game was just one big nightmare to me. There's so much I could complain about but I don't get what people see in it. I hated that escort level but I also hated just about every other mission--especially the racing levels. Damn is that game unforgiving.
  • Pruman - February 8, 2014 12:32 p.m.

The Kid's levels in Super Meat Boy. I would wager that at least 3000 of my 6000 deaths in that game came from just those three levels, and it took me two solid days of 2+ hour sessions before I got by it. Another one: "Raining Blood" in Guitar Hero 3 on Expert. Even if you get past the ridiculous descending scales a minute in, you'll be lucky to survive the solo and its insane amount of HOPOs right at the end. Screwing up for less than a second in either section equals instant death.
  • Sjoeki - February 8, 2014 11:20 a.m.

GTA San Andreas, those remote controled plane missions, HATED them.
  • Syracuse - February 8, 2014 11:06 a.m.

Might just be me, but at first I hated the Library. Then it grew to be one of my favourite levels. Although I did get into the habit of just running past most of the flood, except at the parts that lock you in.
  • Vmachine - February 8, 2014 9:50 a.m.

No Hades from the original God of War? I love you Dave Jaffe, but if I ever meet you, you are getting nut kicked SO HARD.
  • lucid_enigma - February 8, 2014 7:29 a.m.

Natalya!!!!!!!!! Rarrrrrrrrr!!! @#%&!!!! %&@#£@%.......
  • The_Tingler - February 8, 2014 6:58 a.m.

At least Ocarina of Time and Psychonauts have been patched to make those levels a little easier in subsequent re-releases (3DS version and Steam version, respectively).
  • Ketherx - February 7, 2014 10:22 p.m.

I didn't have too much issues with some of these...but fuck you Library. It wasn't that it was just hard...it was just boring and frustrating.
  • N7Spartan95 - February 8, 2014 5:36 a.m.

Don't know why, but the Library didn't bother me all that much when I played through it on Halo Anniversary. On Heroic at least, as long as I had a shotgun to deal with the combat forms and an assault rifle to mop up the infection forms, I was able to proceed without a lot of problems. But yeah, having to deal with all that Flood was pretty tedious at times. Maybe I'm just really, really patient.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - February 9, 2014 6:21 a.m.

The Anniversary edition made the level a bit more bearable, although I would say that any flood level from a Halo game is downright atrocious.
  • Ketherx - February 18, 2014 9:59 p.m.

I usually am, but I remember playing it way back when I was in high school playing with my friend after Youth Group (Wednesday night church). We didn't have too much time, so that's probably why I was so impatient because I could only play so much at a time.
  • Alcampy - February 7, 2014 9:12 p.m.

I wonder why Carrington Institute of Perfect Dark isn't there too, it's the most random map I've ever played in, rooms are random, the start is random, the end is almost as random, it's like playing with dices, and dying in three shots all day long.
  • BaraChat - February 7, 2014 8:53 p.m.

That Lion King level was really annoying. The game itself, you mentioned it, was actually very good but the difficulty level was higher than most modern platformers. I don't remember finishing it more than 2 or 3 times even though I played it 4072389472319 times. Having played through Ocarina of Time from A to Z more often than I care to admit (It's my favorite game ever, I used to go through it regularly just for fun), I was never really that frustrated in the Water Temple. Sometimes you do forget that freaking key at the very bottom of the central tower and you might have to use your brain a bit more than usual to get around, but nothing "controller-breaking"-worthy. Then again, I was (and still am) so in love with Ocarina of Time that I may be simply putting on pink glasses to analyze it.
  • g1rldraco7 - February 7, 2014 8:35 p.m.

Battle Toads made me crack the game itself, luckily the rental place didn't notice when me and my brother returned it after the weekend.
  • Vonter - February 7, 2014 6:54 p.m.

The nitro from Castlevania 64. If I had to think of a good game I think collecting all 100 notes in Rusty Bucket Bay is my frustating memory.
  • Vonter - February 7, 2014 7 p.m.

Also kind of surprised a escort mission wasn't mentioned I'm sure there were several good games that had those. The first that comes to mind is protecting Natalya in Goldeneye. Also that was the worst sequence in the remake.
  • Prof.RealNigga - February 7, 2014 6:48 p.m.

That moment where you're so proud of yourself for being the only one you know that beat the water temple without a walkthrough.
  • rainn'sgaydar - February 7, 2014 6:38 p.m.

I wouldn't say the water temple made me want to break the controller. It's a different kind of frustrating to me. Can't Wait to be King definitely frustrated me as a kid though. Most recently, the most frustrating level I've played is the ship level in Uncharted 3. Although I think I'm the minority on that. It's the only time I've thrown a controller in rage.
  • GOD - February 9, 2014 9:05 p.m.

Yeah I don't recall having any problems in the ship section of Uncharted 3, but for anyone whose played Killzone 3 I'd have to say the on rails vehicle sections (while cool looking) were utter bullshit and I would constantly fail them without any real knowledge as to why, and that applies especially to the last vehicle segment in space which is also the last level in the game. It set me into a fury. Also, not sure who else this applies to but for me, when I rage, rather than smashing something or throwing my controller I just squeeze the shit out of it. This hasn't led to my controllers actually breaking as of yet, but one of my PS3 controllers has this odd piece of something that rattles inside of it now that will jam either trigger if I don't hold it slightly titled up in the back.
  • rainn'sgaydar - February 10, 2014 3:09 a.m.

I do typically squeeze my controller too. I've also just sort of tossed it fairly lightly into the air on occasion. Nothing dangerous, but somehow it relieves some of the stress. Uncharted 3 was the only time I threw a controller across the room. I did not play KZ3