• Z-man427 - January 12, 2012 4:52 p.m.

Yeah it looks exactly the same
  • Doc0608 - January 12, 2012 4:41 p.m.

Does FF XIII-2 look at the save file for FF XIII for any reason? I played FXIII on the XBOX 360 but might switch to the PS3 if it doesn't look at the save file at all.
  • onetimebuster - January 12, 2012 4:36 p.m.

No not gamesradar too i hate comparisions.
  • communinja - January 12, 2012 4:32 p.m.

I don't own a PS3... but in this video the PS3 side does look ever so slightly better. I only notice it if I am specifically looking for it, but the reflective surfaces, mist/cloud effects, and maybe slightly smoother curved surfaces and hair textures. But it is difficult to do a frame by frame comparison without the frames being perfectly synchronized. Even still, the difference is so miniscule it's hardly worth a flame war over it. It looks amazing on both, and I have no plans to freeze-frame the game to critique every little graphic detail.
  • DiJunoMan - January 12, 2012 4:11 p.m.

I see no difference, but then again the player isnt going to convey it perfectly... i have both systems so ill check in person.
  • Moondoggie1157 - January 12, 2012 4:10 p.m.

Honestly, you just do this for flame wars. You bitch about people arguing over which console is better, yet you post these articles. I still can't figure that one out...
  • BladedFalcon - January 12, 2012 4:25 p.m.

Yeah... It does seem kinda pointless to make these kind of videos, SPECIALLY in games like this one when there is no known great difference or anything. I think it's a bit more valid to do it with games like say, RAGE or CRYSIS 2 when there are claims of significant differences, and it CAN be useful for consumers that have more than one console to decide which they like better, or if there's any difference at all. In this case though, more than flame-war bait, i feel it's got more to do with slow news day syndrome...
  • ParagonT - January 12, 2012 4:30 p.m.

Agreed.
  • TheVoid - January 12, 2012 5:41 p.m.

Agreed. Not sure if it's flame war bait or slow news day or what but at any rate it seems entirely pointless considering there seems to be no discernable difference between the two. And yet the author gets to duck for cover under the guise of this being written by the GR Staff? Really? Everyone had to put their collective heads together to bang out this (literal) no brainer? Something tells me someone knew they were posting a shit article and wanted to avoid the to-be-expected shit blow-back... So yeah, can't see a difference, therefore who cares. And punting it to us to figure out via that craptacular video player isn't helping matters. In fact, I don't think I've read a more waste-of-time article on GR since their review for HAWX 2. Although for what it is worth, indescernable differences between the demo graphics aside, at least I know I won't be disc-swapping with my PS3 when the full game hits shelves. Zing! Let the Flame War begin!
  • Errrrbo - January 13, 2012 9:03 a.m.

Apparently you missed the announcement that the Xbox 360 version will be on one disk. Zing! Otherwise, I agree with you, these stupid videos shouldn't be posted.
  • ObliqueZombie - January 12, 2012 5:55 p.m.

I agree, I do. However, maybe their's a bigger point to this. Maybe it's not about the CONSOLE, so much as the developer. For instance, if you honestly think it's the Xbox 360's fault for completely botching the Battlefield 3 texture patch (on the 4Gb, at least), then there's a competency issue there. I'm not saying YOU do, haha, I'm just using an example! Still, the case still stands: maybe they're trying to point out that both consoles are capable of the same thing (which, let's face it, they are), but that sometimes, developers seemingly ruin one version over the other. Still, close-minded, immaturely sensitive people will take this as a flame-war battle, but really, they're trying to point out that developers sometimes get lazy and unprofessional when handling certain games on certain platforms. However, this is my interpretation. I think they look pretty fucking close to the same thing.
  • CaptCOMMANDO - January 12, 2012 10:52 p.m.

OMG SHUT UP