• chrisat928 - July 11, 2010 8:45 p.m.

Goddamn it Square, put Dragon Quest VII on PSN.
  • Gobblemeister - July 11, 2010 7:26 p.m.

I know little of Dragon Quest as a series. This being said when I bought DQVIII without really knowing what to expect I can say I was very pleasantly surprised. It reaffirmed my love of the turn based system and is, in my honest opinion, the greatest JRPG I have played second only to FFIX. MY interest has also been piqued by the review of DQV. If I can find the money to put into it I might try it. However, I've already put a lot of money into FF, buying XIII, III, IV and IX all in this year alone. But I'm always game for a great RPG.
  • CaseInPoint - July 11, 2010 6:48 p.m.

@NeoKef: I think Akira Toriyama has been with Dragon Quest from the start of the series. And he also does the Dragon Ball series' art, so yes, the art styles are pretty much the same. I used to hate his art style, after watching Dragon Ball Z and hating it, but then DQ came along and I learned to love it. Recaptcha: "Vizier 70th". Sounds like a DQ boss. The chancellors to the throne are always bad!
  • NeoKef - July 11, 2010 6:23 p.m.

Wait, let me rephrase: Did the same person who did the character designs for Dragon Ball work on the early Dragon Quest as well? The blue dragon on the first box art was in the DB series and the main character in III looks a lot like a teenage version of Goku.
  • NeoKef - July 11, 2010 6:17 p.m.

Is it me or did the same artist who did the Dragon Ball series did the early art for Dragon Quest games?
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - July 11, 2010 5:58 p.m.

well.. two slimes
  • awsomemaster - July 11, 2010 3:29 p.m.

ahh nothing quite as awesome as a slime!