2 Warlocks = 1 Goblin
2 Trolls = 1 Warlock
2 Goblins = Gold
2 Dark Elves = 1 Troll
2 Skeletons = 1 Dark Elf
2 Mistresses = Punishment
2 Salamanders = 1 Mistress
2 Bile Demons = 1 Rogue
2 Vampires = 1 Bile Demon
2 Rogues = 1 Salamander
2 Black Knights = 1 Vampire
2 Dark Angels = Gold
2 Imps = Cheap Imp Spell
2 Fireflies = Gold
WizzardÃ½s Power Words for Dungeon Keeper 2:
Dungeon Keeper 2 has arrived - full of many new strategic challenges.
Here is a collection of tips to empower your gameplay. Thanx to
MeisterFeger for Hardware, visit me at www.wizz.de for new tips &
downloads on DK2.
- Basic Dungeon Design(TM): build all rooms in squares (exept treasure
chamber & lair), at least 3x3 (Casino 4x4). Dig them out that there are
always surrounded by walls and (if you have the time) secured by doors &
traps. The doors & walls will also enshure that the creatures donÃ½t get
disturbed form each others work & work more effectively. Build the
library & the lair far away from the workshop and torture-chamber.
Protect your Dungeon-Heart with many cannons, boulders,
electricity-traps & (a very effective trick:) with secret doors. Use the
stronger doors more to the inner areas of your dungeon. There should be
no long ways between training-chambers, library hatchery & lair. Plan
your Dungeon Design wisely, because that is one of the most important
factors of winning the game, escpecially in MultiPlayer.
- Fights: during a Dungeon Keeper-Game you will enounter many fights
with enemy creatures. Because of the short K.O.-time when dropped (no
defense then), you should place your monsters three squares away form
enemies. The blockers (Bile Demon) in the front-line, the long-range
fighters (Worlock, Dark Elf) in the last line. Watch them carefully,
because they tend to silently leave the fight & head home. Place them
back to the fight.Like in StarCraft it is good to take all fighters for
an important fight, because if you attack e.g. four enemies with 10 or
with 20 monsters makes a big difference in the losses. (20 monsters hit
more in the same time). Fighting in corridors: in the frontline are two
bile demons & behind them place many Dark Elfs & Worlocks.
- Speed-Start-Tip (especially for games vs. other keepers or
Multiplayer): DonÃ½t dig too big rooms in the beginning, three 3x3 rooms
are enough, then let your imps mark the floor & that will increase your
mana & when having enough mana, summon new imps at once. DonÃ½t let your
Imps strengten your walls at beginning. If one does so, place him
directly near other work. In those 3x3-rooms build the elementary rooms
like lair, hatchery & training-rooms. Then open the way to the portal.
When having some more money & place: build a large library because the
magic spells researched by the Worlocks will help you in the games later
- and having a lot Worlocks is quite handy as long-range fighters.
- Imps: they have a level-system, too. When researching the better
Imp-Spell you should wait until it is finished before summoning new
ones. If you want an Imp to do a certain work (e.g. dig out this wall or
take that dead hero to the graveyard) place them exactly on the sqare
where the work is. They work better when you place them next to their
work, the know you wathc them. And of course they work better when you
give them a slap.
- Sometimes you have to build a wooden bridge to reach important places
over lava (& you donÃ½t have stone bridges in the first levels): place
the Imp at the end of the bridge, let it grab the stuff & place it on
safe stonefloor. Before the wood burns away sell the bridge.
- Mana: later in the game when the Imps have done the most important
work, dig as many free space as you can to get a big area which brings
you a fast mana-support. And: search the level for mana-vortexes. When
youÃ½ve got lots of mana you can call horny many times (of course only
when you found the talismans), summon Imps or gold.
- Sometimes you get the message that you found a magic item. You can use
it when it lies on your floor, but itÃ½s better to bring it in your
library, the spell is added to your spell-symbols. Most of the time the
imps are very busy & forget to bring the magic item to your library, so
place an imp directly on it. Use your magic items wisely, Keeper.
- Portals: The sizes of your rooms determine which creatures come
through the Portal. Each portal allow you to get 15 creatures (maximum),
if you are at maximum & need another creature, throw ones you donÃ½t
need back through the portal or sacrifice it in the temple. When a
firefly has explored all the areas, better place it back through the
- Crossing water/lava with bridges for attacking another dungeon: it is
useful to put a 3x3 sqare bridge at the front that you can place many
creatures on it to attack.
- When you are attacking another Keeper, head to his Dungeon-Heart, if
you are in a room near that, but canÃ½t reach it directly just place all
your monsters nearby & use the spell to call them directly to attack the
heart. Use the Earthquake-Spell to weaken enemies walls.
- To search for e.g. a Worlock, right-click on the creature-symbol,
several time to cycle through them. This is working also for your rooms.
- Training-Trick: if you donÃ½t have the arena in early missions, just
grab a hero from the prison and place it into a crouwd of your
monsters: they beat it up easily & imps bring the hero back to the
prison: that brings experience & levels higher than 4.
- When the message comes: "A creature is unhappy because..." you can
make it happy again with finding it (switch the symbols to teh
mood-display-mode) correcting it at once. (e.g. placing a Worlock into
your treasure-chamber or bringing the fat Bile Demon to the
- After a fight heal your high-level-monsters, they are important (you
used much time to train them to that level). Grab the other monsters &
place them back to your Dungeon Center. Place some imps next to the
monsters which went K.O. so they will carry them to the lair where they
can sleep & recover. If you leave them at the battlefield, theyÃ½ll die.
That is by the way the reason why there are sometimes monsters at disply
you canÃ½t grab, because they are in the sleep-of-recovery after a fight.
- The Traps are a nice defense, but you can only use a lot of traps like
the cannons when having a good mana-support. When you know that a very
strong hero will attack, place a freeze-trap & a boulder to make shure
he is well-greeted when entering your place. When enemies come through
water, use electricity (bzzzzz, hehe).
- The ultimate trap is the cannon. Is is not expensive & has
long-range-fire. To attack or defend you have to place many of them
together - an important help to solve many difficult levels.
Cannon-Defense: you know that there are many strong creatures attacking
soon: (think of the vampire-level). Build at the place all enemies must
pass by to come to your dungeon a large set of cannons & some barricades
in front of them. That should blast them to bits.
- Cannon-Attack - a good way to destroy other Keepers: dig out a
corridor as close as possible to the KeeperÃ½s Dungeon Heart, but donÃ½t
enter his rooms yet. At the frontline place at least seven cannons. When
they are built dig out the wall between your cannons and the other
KeeperÃ½s room & place your monsters next to the cannons. Even when heÃ½s
having more monsters the cannons will knock them out easily. And when
you have beaten most of his monsters, it is not difficult to conquer one
room after another diretly to his Dungeon Heart. Look that the stupid &
fearsome Ipms do really take over the enemies land. When you are near
the other Keepers Dungeon Heart use the Call-to-Arms spell to direct
your monsters diretly to it.
- The workers in your foundry are quite lazy (epecially the fat Bile
Demons), after finishing one trap they tend to go off to relax. The best
for fast building a good set of traps: place them into the foundry &
watch them. When a trap was build and the workers leave, grab them &
place them directly back to work. The more cannons you have the more
difficult it is to bring the workers to build new ones: Sell the old
traps you donÃ½t need anymore (when at places youÃ½ve conquerred now). The
new ones will be build faster and you get back half of the money. By
the way: gigants are great workers.
- The secret doors are a good way to enter the enemies dungeon, but hide
your own one. But if an enemy creature sees it open & close, it might
- When you have a casino, the salamanders will hang around there most
time, they love to play ;-) Salamanders are immune to lava, which will
help you in some cases, but they are not the best fighters. If youÃ½ve
got too many of them & you are waiting for better creatures, put them
back through the Portal.
- It happens so often in the middle of an important fight: the PayDay
comes & your monsters leave the battlefield only thinking about their
next paysheck. Just grab them all, throw them to your treasure chamber &
after some time take them all back to the battle.
- You can find additional tips, programs & cheats for DK2 at www.wizz.de
- When you have Mana-Problems (that occurs not only in Magic the
Gathering...) build a Temple & let your creatures pray in it.
- The Temple & sacrifice: 2 Skeletons = Dark Elf (they call it "Black
Elf" in German, again stupid translation), 2 Bile Demons = Rogue, 2
Salamanders = Dark Mistresses (good move ;-), 2 Dark Elfes = Troll (only
do that when really needed), 2 Worlocks = Goblin (who needs that?), 2
Black Knights = Vampire, 2 Vampires = Bile Demon (stupid), 2 Trolls =
Worlock, 2 Imps = cheap Imp-Spell, 1 Mistress & 1 Troll = Electricity
Trap, 3 Monks = Mana Update, 1 Fly & 1 Salamander & 1 Skeleton = Vampire
(donÃ½t call for Buffy then ;-)
- When getting the message that a prisoner hast died & returns as
Skeleton, grab it out uf the prison & place it into the
- The Fallen Angel: a very powerful magical creature, try to get it in
late game-levels. He can conjure Skeletons.
- The Dark Mistress has a special love for pain that she goes to a
combat even when she are outnumbered by the enemy.
- When you put an enemy creature into the Torture-Chamber, heal it at
once if you like to convert it to your side. If it is a
high-level-creature you have to come back after some time & heal it a
second time. It is worth the mana. If it dies too early, you get only
information about enemy dungeon locations.
- YouÃ½ve just conquerred an enemy room and you donÃ½t have much money?
Just sell the room at once, then he canÃ½t get back his room.
- If you want to disable a Hero-portal? It is not always good: sometimes
it is quite usy to catch Heroes & convert them to your side: they donÃ½t
count for the Portal-Creature-Limit. But if you want to get rid of those
nasty hero-attacks just conquer all squares around it. If it is partly
surrounded by water, build a bridge.
- Save your monsters from the Indy-Trap: whet is starts, grab them
before they get crushed.
- Converting Heroes is quite good, not only for battles, but for your
other works, too. The Wizard is a great reseracher (the "Wizzard" (me)
is a good Space-Musician, look out for my next CD at End Ã½99), the Dwarf
can dig Walls & the Gigant is a good worker.
- Time is very important in many game-levels: so watch that
start-sequence (the time goes on during that), restart the level & press
space to abort the time-stealing sequence.
- When playing against other keepers & hearing that flanged gong-sound
you know that he scans your area with his magic eye spell.
And now, enter your Dungeon, Keeper - with new knowledge you can win!
Happy FUL IR! (ThatÃ½s the Fire Ball-Spell from the ancient "Dungeon