You heard it here, right from the floor, as it's announced, Diablo 3 is coming to the PC at an as-yet unannounced time. Announced by a man playing the theme on acoustic guitar, a man with a marvellous beard, no less.
From the trailer:
"It has been said that in the end of all things, we would find a new beginning. But as the shadow once again crawls across our world and the stench of terror drifts on a bitter wind, the people pray for strength and guidance. They should pray for the mercy of a swift death. For I have seen what the darkness hides."
To put it bluntly, we're very excited.
More on it as the event progresses...
- Improvements involve a new hotbar, along with quick-swapping of abilities and the ability to - apparently - play with just the mouse.
- It looks absolutely gorgeous, with huge hordes of enemies and destroyable walls and environmental items.
- You can pick up items that instantly replenish your health, like in Devil May Cry 4.
- Fully 3D graphics, as you'd expect. Gritty, dark, and colourful.
- You can smash walls to make them fall down on enemies. Hot damn!
- New Witchdoctor class, using ancient tribal magic, mind-control and pets.