The Destiny 2 Beta starts next week so I'm kind of amazed Xur turned up. Shouldn't he be finding a new spot to lurk in somewhere more sequelly? Maybe he's just waiting for contracts to be signed...
Still, in the meantime it means we still get some shiny new ish toys to play with. Take a look:
- Legacy Engram (body armour) - 29 strange coins
- Immolation Fists (Titan gauntlets) - 13 strange coins
- Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter chest armour) - 13 strange coins
- Starfire Protocol (Warlock chest armour) - 13 strange coins
- Monte Carlo auto rifle - 23 strange coins
- Dragon's Breath and Tigershark - 30 strange coins and 25 silver dust
- Suros Regime and Basilisk's Glory - 30 strange coins and 25 silver dust
Titans could do worse this week than to grab the Immolation Fists. It's Explosive Pyre perk chains your Hammer of Sol kills together for all manor of fiery hammer chaos.
If you're the helpful type, then the Hunter's Crest of Alpha Lupi will give your resurrection speed a boost, but not a lot else. So you've got to really want to help people not be dead to make it worthwhile. Same level of [shrugs] for the Warlocks’ Starfire Protocol. You'll get an extra fusion grenade and a boost to Solar protection but it's very specific and not overly useful.
Weapons wise there's good selection to choose from. Dragon’s Breath has a great area-of-effect damage option, making it strong for crowd control and tactical space clearing. Suros Regime swaps its initial fire rate for more damage, but spools up over time and adds more even damage from the lower half of the mag. It also has a chance of refilling health on each kill. And, finally, Monte Carlo is always a good choice, it partly refills your melee gauge with every kill, and can potentially even completely reset the cooldown altogether.
As ever, load up on three of coins and exotic shards, and make sure you get the best of Xur before he disappears Sunday night.