• PevMaster - April 26, 2012 7:58 a.m.

As I've said in an older comment, Call of Duty is like a bunch of cars. The first few were pretty good, but the 4th and 6th ones were pure Ferraris. However, the successive cars after that were too similar to their predeccessors and became shunned by former fans. Honestly, I hope that the next CoD actually changes this time. Scrap the ultra-tight and campaign-recycled maps. Give us open battlefields, space stations, underground bunkers and large urban neighbourhoods to play around in. Hell, scrap the current multiplayer entirely and come up with a brand-new multiplayer mode completely unlike the current system (I'd prefer something similar to Counter-Strike or Battlefield, to be honest). And call me crazy, but I think Zombies fu*king sucks. I want a revamped Spec Ops mode that include more creative missions than simply 'defend this position' or simply 'kill f*cking everyone'. Missions should be things like 'plant a bomb here then repair X and disable Y before escaping' and be much harder alone and more often than not require a co-op buddy. More sophisticated missions=better Spec Ops mode. In my opinion, the Black Ops campaign was a dull soup of recycled ideas and bonecrushingly linear gameplay. Hell, it was basically all 'press X to start, play and complete game and watch cut-scenes'. This time, I'd like to be given clear objectives, but complete them my own way. For example, instead of just walking down a linear route to kill Dragonov or Makarov or Bleznov (so...many...'ovs...), I want to be dropped into a large open space and given the freedom to get there however I like. And one more thing Acti'. I'd like a new engine, too. This comment doesn't sound unlike a letter to Santa Claus, but in my opinion if Activision/Treyarch did all the things that I've asked for, we'd get a truly cracking return to form that ex-CoD fans have been waiting years for. But it probably won't happen, and we'll just get another carbon copy of every other CoD game since MW1 which claims to be a brand new experience ("don't get TOO excited guys, but we're renaming Killstreaks CODstreaks! Hooray!"). Thanks a lot, Bobby Kotick.
  • Mamudo - April 26, 2012 6:55 p.m.

I hate commenting like this but... This.
  • gmcb2011 - April 26, 2012 10:58 p.m.

I'm honestly not trying to troll or start a flame war or anything, but reading this....all I could think of is exactly what Battlefield 3 is. (except the improvements to the campaign, that's Bad Company 1)
  • Hobogonigal - April 27, 2012 12:41 a.m.

You mean the opposite of improvements right? Because the campaign in BF3 was way worse than Bad Company 1.
  • PevMaster - April 27, 2012 6:50 a.m.

Even better than. I love Battlefield 3, or at least the multiplayer.
  • lewis-barclay - April 26, 2012 7:47 a.m.

Ok look kids if you dont like a game or hate it or whatever then why bother wasting time to read the article and comment on it? Get a life.
  • PevMaster - April 27, 2012 6:51 a.m.

Something you have just done. Fuck off.
  • lewis-barclay - May 13, 2012 2:14 p.m.

Not really because I like the article you douche.
  • PevMaster - May 15, 2012 1:51 p.m.

But you're wasting time in the comments section, so you've just contradicted yourself.
  • thyho - April 26, 2012 6:50 a.m.

no cover bullshit i hate this cover shit and life regen. And they can't put both of this shit together. I remember the first cod where you have to find medkits was so much better.
  • mattdark - April 26, 2012 5:01 a.m.

Have to agree on balancing the multiplayer. There seem to be too many cases of people getting lucky by getting a kill streak early on, before reaping the stage with one of the many 'you havent died yet! lets kill everyone!' perks. While it certainly seems to be a mute point for Activision these days. I would like to see the time put into making a longer story mode. Yes, I know their focus is the multiplayer, and they say they create a shorter story so people can just blaze through it and get stuck into the MP. But tbh, if people are buying it for the multiplayer, you cant guarantee they will even bother with the story. Try and make a story for those who actually want to put the time into playing it, not just something put in as an excuse to re-release a largely similar MP game every year.
  • CitizenWolfie - April 26, 2012 4:50 a.m.

As of this comment I'm no longer going to get caught up in the "debate" and instead just comment on the article. Because commenting on an article about a game you're interested makes sense right? I'd actually be pretty happy if it returned to the Cold War era but focussing mostly on Vietnam. The 'Nam missions were the highlights of Black Ops' campaign for me. Please don't bother with "future" warfare, even if it is near future. Otherwise you might as well call it "Modern Warfare 4." Saying that, the 80s and 90s could be pretty cool but I fear it'd be straying back into "Middle East" settings again which have been done to death now. How about African campaigns? Somalia for instance. A few nods to MW would be nice if they didn't overdo it though. The zombies/spec ops idea sounds cool. Even if it was more of a "get from point A to point B" scenario like Left for Dead instead of a big horde mode it'd make a nice change. I think BlOps made a good effort to balance the multiplayer with killstreaks and Cod points. I really enjoyed the maps too - they made for good "base" style team games. And the wager matches added a bit of variety. So long as they don't start going all Sci-fi in a future setting I'll be looking forward to this.
  • c-c-c-combo breaker - April 26, 2012 3:56 a.m.

Change the title to 'Call of Duty: BlOps warfare 2 – We don't want to see COD 9'
  • P0ck3tC1am - April 26, 2012 2:34 a.m.

You can't take 2 different stories and put them together..... Modern Warfare was Infinity Ward's take on the game. Trey Arc are the ones with the Black Ops and all the other games of the series. They may both be under Activision, but you can't tie 2 different games together.
  • Shazamin - April 25, 2012 11:38 p.m.

Haha I also thought of Killzone 2 right when you mentioned a cover system. They could also go the way of Ghost Recon and have a third person option :) The beta for that game has been pretty fun.
  • spideralex90 - April 25, 2012 11:14 p.m.

I know it's stereotypical to hate on Call Of Duty, but really, I mean really, why are people still buying this game? Didn't we learn anything from the milking of The Tony Hawk series?
  • mattdark - April 26, 2012 5:05 a.m.

What can we see. Some people are brainless enough to keep buying the same game year after year. Looks at games like Fifa, and the EA sports titles. (And the Dynasty Warriors series, despite how much I enjoy it) Probably doesnt help when reviewers continue to give the series high marks despite the lack of changes/innovation.
  • IChooseUAntistaMON - April 25, 2012 8:44 p.m.

An only zombies game, treyarch can't do multiplayer right but they are good at Zombies
  • QuickSticks45 - April 25, 2012 8:19 p.m.

Dude, I had no idea another COD would be coming out. It's really hard to remember when the next one is coming out so I can make sure to pre-order it, gots to get predigested as soon as possible!
  • Rub3z - April 26, 2012 12:55 a.m.

Not sure if you're joking or not, but honestly? Why wouldn't there be another COD coming out? There's always another COD coming out. Man... now that my COD-loving best friend is gone, there's one less video game I'll be getting for my birthday this November...