• Cleanser247 - April 13, 2011 8:28 p.m.

I don't think Skyrim need multiplayer. It just wouldn't feel like an "Elder Scrolls" game then. Maybe one day Bethesda could try it, but for now, I am totally fine with singleplayer. And lets keep it that way ; )
  • DarkForceWolf - April 13, 2011 8:28 p.m.

I always have this argument with my friend, he says it would destroy Skyrim i just tell him make a separate multiplayer disc(like halo ODST) and spent more time in development because i can wait :)
  • PlasmaSnake - April 13, 2011 8:25 p.m.

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a seperate disc for the multiplayer version after you finish the main one. Then it wouldn't take up memory and it wouldn't take away any time that could be spent on the story.
  • NuclearXmas - April 13, 2011 8:25 p.m.

I love the idiots who lack the ability to analyze an idea who think "Oh, yeah. Who NOT have multiplayer! I mean, TES is a good thing, friends are a good thing! Who not take both good things and create a hideous combination of the two?! Wouldn't that mathematically make a great thing?!!?!?" It's those kind of people that are the reason the gaming industry is such shit.
  • zeetlock - April 13, 2011 8:20 p.m.

BORDERLANDS! 'nuff said (I.E do what they did in BL in skyrim)
  • stoge - April 13, 2011 8:19 p.m.

what a lot of poop ....the elder scrolls-multi player?..give me a break.i mean the whole essence of this game is that u are exploring and making the world ur own.not sharing it with divs who are intent in ruining the expeirence or cheating with bugs etc.bethseda are one of the best deveolpers in the world and this decision proves that.they understand there games and its players.....not making a quick buck or go for the most"comercial choice"....BRAVO
  • jasoncarter - April 13, 2011 7:54 p.m.

Thank god, don't really need to say more.
  • Clovin64 - April 13, 2011 7:52 p.m.

I wish more developers had the same mindset at Bethesda. I'll pick a good single player game over another online multiplayer mode every time, regardless of how long the single player campaign is. Vanquish was a short single player game, yet I got more fun out of it that a hundred online deathmatches.
  • db1331 - April 13, 2011 7:48 p.m.

There are single player games, and there are multiplayer games. There are no single player AND multiplayer games. Just because an online shooter has a 6 hour campaign doesn't mean it's not made to be played online. Likewise, just because an established single player game tacks on an online mode, it's still a single player game. I have never even thought of checking out multiplayer in GTA IV, BioShock 2, or RDR, for example. Those are single player games to me. I know without even trying it that the experience won't be anywhere near as good as a game that was designed for online competition, like CoD or L4D. Ken Levine knows this, that's why he's said there will be no MP in BioShock Infinite. When I first skimmed this headline I thought for half a second that it said they WERE adding multiplayer to Skyrim. I'm so glad to see that's not the case.
  • BladedFalcon - April 13, 2011 7:40 p.m.

I only have two words for this: FUCK YES! See, THIS is the kind of mentality that needs to keep strong among developers. I'm sorry for all the guys out there that would genuinely like multiplayer in a game like this, but honestly? You people are being stupid and unreasonable if you want every fucking game to have multiplayer. There's a lot of experiences and types of games taht just simply aren't suited for multiplayer, or would lose some identity if it did. Bioshock 2 and Dead Space or two clear examples of games that have suffered for trying to appeal to those people that must have online just for the sake of having online. I understand the appeal of having online in a huge, open, fantasy world with RPG characteristics... BUT YOU ALREADY HAVE THAT in a lot of other MMORPGS like world of warcraft. Why must you insist in wanting co-op or some shit like that in Skyrim, when really, multiplayer wouldn't benefit it in any way. The combat would certainly not improve, this is not the type of game in which team tactics has ever been required to best an opponent. And things like talking to villagers would be an awkward ordeal because by staple, the conversations are meant to be one on one, with the speakers asking and answering questions. So yeah, long story short. I understand a lot of games lend themselves not have multiplayer, well, gamers already have TON of experiences tailored around multiplayer, so please understand that, enjoy multiplayer in those games, and stop pushing developers to add something that wasn't meant to be part of the experience in the first place. And bravo Bethesda, you have my respect, alongside with Rocksteady and any developer that chooses to stick to it's guns and focus developing a game as it should be.
  • MkLangley - April 13, 2011 7:31 p.m.

TES is about isolation and solitude, screw multiplayer.
  • HaVoK308 - April 13, 2011 7:28 p.m.

Thank god. At least some devs and pubs get it.
  • Gameguy94 - April 13, 2011 7:27 p.m.

Good. It'd be really obnoxious taking a stroll through the forest only to hear a bunch of idiots babling on about a bunch of nonsense or stealing my dragon kills.
  • MancisFrorkYorgan - April 13, 2011 7:26 p.m.

It has become popular to deride multiplayer. However, it has also become popular to shoehorn multiplayer modes into games which simply don't need them. Put simply, Skyrim really doesn't need multiplayer.
  • NotBraze - April 13, 2011 7:19 p.m.

I'll take a really good single player experience over multiplayer any day. I'm really happy that there are still developers out there with enough integrity to recognize that you need to stick to the core experience of that series rather than trying to appeal to everybody.
  • FauxFurry - April 13, 2011 7:14 p.m.

I'd say that this is non-news but it certainly is good non-news. Unless it's some fan-made mod for the PC version, the spectre of mandatory multi-player in Elder Scrolls (withholding items unless one trades with or has in-game marriages to strangers? Nuts to that noise!)would as surely cause me to reconsider purchasing it as would the removal of Khajits as a playable race. Okay, it's not as big a deal-breaker as the latter would be, but it would be pretty bad! Thinking of playable characters, that guy in the picture totally looks like a rearviewed Frank Frazetta picture of Conan. Adding multi-player could risk Needling the player with useless hangers-on. By needling, I mean this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVdJjIlgAHc
  • AlmightyFuzz - April 13, 2011 7:09 p.m.

Adding co-op (not full on multiplayer) would work well I think in Skyrim. But I understand where Bethesda is coming from.
  • AwesomeA1010 - April 13, 2011 7 p.m.

I would love multiplayer in the Elder Scrolls. Think about this: there could be dungeons hard enough that only 2 players could take them down and that kind of thing obviously, quests and guilds and whatnot wouldn't benefit at all from a second player. But think about champions of norrath, but instead you're playing elder scrolls. that would be pretty cool
  • ChiefLethal - April 13, 2011 6:51 p.m.

TES has always been a very solitary experience for me. I'm glad that there are a number of developers out there recognizing that adding multiplayer wont necessarily make their game better. I'm all in favor of having multiplayer in a game as long as it doesn't hinder the single player experience, unless it's a co-op game like Borderlands or Gears. Since Halo 2, anyone who added multplayer expected their game to be the next 'Halo killer'. That didn't turn out so well (lookin at Killzone). Adding multiplayer just because its the thing to do and its something players expect these days shouldn't be an excuse to slack in any one area of a game's development, which is oftentimes the case.
  • ChrisCultista - April 13, 2011 6:41 p.m.

I personally dont like Tacos in my Ice Cream or Ice Cream in my Tacos...